Before you throw out the baby with the bath water. The best tip I ever heard and use is "HOT skillet COLD oil food doesn't stick". Heat the skillet close to the smoking point then add your oil pour in your omelet and in about 15 sec.you are ready to eat.
-- Emil Luca "Gary" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
OK, I'm throwing away this pan.
Now I need to find a new 8-9" pan, either cast iron or exta-thick cast aluminum.
Any recommendations for which item, and sources? I did an internet search and have had trouble finding a true omelette pan (sloping sides), especially in cast iron.
Gary said:
I've recently started the South Beach diet, and purchased a new omelette pan for making two-egg omelettes. A problem is being caused by the non-stick properties of the pan, and I'm cooking with olive oil rather than butter.
When I add olive oil to the pan, the oil doesn't spread out along the bottom...it puddles. So I add the beaten eggs and only part of the eggs are protected from sticking by the olive oil (butter, for some reason, spreads out and covers the whole bottom..not olive oil). Then the inevitable happens: the omelette sticks where it wasn't protected by the olive oil. Even though the pan is allegedly non-stick, the omelette sticks.
I AM ON THAT DIET ALSO... I PUT OLIVE OIL IN OMELET PAN AND TAKE PAPER TOWEL AND RUB IT ALL OVER.. HAVE NO PROBLEM.. GARY.. LOVE THIS OLD OMELET PAN I HAVE...
I AM ON THAT DIET ALSO... I PUT OLIVE OIL IN OMELET PAN AND TAKE PAPER TOWEL AND RUB IT ALL OVER.. HAVE NO PROBLEM.. GARY.. LOVE THIS OLD OMELET PAN I HAVE...