on the counter

On 2006-03-24, Ranee Mueller <[email protected]> wrote:

> have any good ideas of what to do with them, not just guacamole. Thanks.

My usual breakfast is buttered dill rye toast topped with a mashed
avocado-half sprinkled with fresh lime juice and Chalula hot sauce.
Sometimes black or cayenne pepper. Make up your own variations.

nb

"Ranee Mueller" wrote >
Wayne Boatwright >
>> As far as veggies, winter
>> squash, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, for starters.

> Oh, squash and avocados. I have a glut of avocados right now, anyone
> have any good ideas of what to do with them, not just guacamole. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Try my favorite - cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit and
fill the depression with shrimp salad. Quick and tasty.

Dora

"limey" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
news:[email protected]:

> I was just kidding you, Om. I'm a Gemini, married to an Aries - life's
> interesting, isn't it!
>
> Dora

I was told by Steven "You are the epitome of a Leo" one time. Cracked me
up.

Michael

--
"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been

--Calvin Trillin

On Fri 24 Mar 2006 12:40:56p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?

> "Ranee Mueller" wrote >
> Wayne Boatwright >
>>> As far as veggies, winter squash, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, for
>>> starters.

>> Oh, squash and avocados. I have a glut of avocados right now, anyone
>> have any good ideas of what to do with them, not just guacamole.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ranee

> Try my favorite - cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit and
> fill the depression with shrimp salad. Quick and tasty.
>
> Dora

I like chunks of crab, too, with a bit a cocktail or Louie sauce.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Ranee Mueller wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>As far as veggies, winter
>>squash, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, for starters.

> Oh, squash and avocados. I have a glut of avocados right now, anyone
> have any good ideas of what to do with them, not just guacamole. Thanks.

Have you ever tried avocado soup? There are hot and cold versions, and
they usually include lemon, often (thick) cream, sometimes nutmeg and I
suppose there are many other options. I made it once, with white-fish
dumplings, but put too much nutmeg in. Then it tasted bad. But the
texture was very smooth, really different from most soups. I am afraid I
no longer know what recipe I used, not where I had found it.

Peter A <[email protected]> wrote:

>Potatoes and onions go in a dark drawer - light is not good for them.
>Tomatoes on the counter for sure - chilling degrades the flavor. Squash

How can you tell? Today's tomatoes do not have any flavor to degrade.

--
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read
downwards,please don't top post. Trim replies to

Ranee Mueller wrote:

> I have a glut of avocados right now, anyone have any good ideas

This is like the third time over the years you've asked the same
question... trying to troll the newbies, eh?

http://www.avocado.org

Sheldon

Ranee Mueller wrote:
>. I have a glut of avocados right now, anyone
> have any good ideas of what to do with them, not just guacamole. Thanks.

Slices of avocado, sections of grapefruit, arranged on butter or
iceberg lettuce leaves, drizzled with vinaigrette dressing. Nice
refreshing salad.

Cut avocado in half, remove pit, sprinkle with salt, drizzle with lime
juice. Eat with small spoon. -aem

Ranee Mueller wrote:
.. I have a glut of avocados right now, anyone
> have any good ideas of what to do with them, not just guacamole. Thanks.

This is a great side salad:

3 sliced avocadoes
3 peeled oranges, with the fleshy sections removed from the membranes
1 red onion, diced

Cover with good balsamic vinegar. Marinate for 1 hour +, the more the
merrier of course. The salad gets a little ugly over time, so a grnish
of cilantro works well.