Online Paris Roubaix Coverage????

smithsonite

Mar 31, 2005
Has anyone gone to eurosport and tried to watch the live streaming coverage? Here's what I get

"Sorry but this video is not available from your country."

I assume because SBS will show it in few weeks time on a Sunday morning when nobody is watching they stop cycling.tv broadcasting it downunder?
The spectacle of Paris Roubaix deserves a live Sunday night more so than some Tour stages plus there is a better chance of an Aussie winner.

Classic1 rates it as the 4th most important race :)
Don't listen to him, he's just a ******** who spends far too much time on the interweb.

caferacerwanabe said:
I assume because SBS will show it in few weeks time on a Sunday morning when nobody is watching they stop cycling.tv broadcasting it downunder?
The spectacle of Paris Roubaix deserves a live Sunday night more so than some Tour stages plus there is a better chance of an Aussie winner.
Was that a prediction/premonition/WAG?? You were spot on anyways! U might want to change your name to psychic-caferacerwanabe!

I've looked long and hard for online coverage, and there's nothin. There might be something in the next couple of days or so in torrentland, so I'll keep an eye out.

I find it amazingly retarded that in this world of globalisation, why there isn't some way to watch what I friggen well want to watch.

I mean, a man has to do something rather than spend quality tiime with the missus watching The Apprentice, right?!

Thylacine said:
I find it amazingly retarded that in this world of globalisation, why there isn't some way to watch what I friggen well want to watch.
Its simply market structures....archaic distribution of goods from an age when transportation and communication of content actually had a larger role to play/cost in the supply chain.

The sooner content owners operate their own direct supply channels to consumers the better global media coverage will be. I think its coming slowly.

Im about to go download the torrent file of this years P-R and pay nothing. If the offical broacaster packaged the race and allowed digital download direct for $25 I would pay it. But they dont. So I will take it for free :)

It's where the Torrents are free to roam the fields, free from money grubbing governments, 'transmission liceneces' and big bizness.

*sigh*

There's feck all to be found in torrent land. I still can't even find Milan - San Remo torrent!!!!

Anyone know a good cycling torrent site? Been looking on m1n1nova and 1s0hunt

nitrous said:
There's feck all to be found in torrent land. I still can't even find Milan - San Remo torrent!!!!

Would that be Cycling 2007 Spring Classics Milano Sanremo? It's 642 meg and downloadable from easynews.com. If you are not a user, you'll need to log on (it's approx $10 US a month, but as you can see, you can download virtually everything!)

nho09 said:
Would that be Cycling 2007 Spring Classics Milano Sanremo? It's 642 meg and downloadable from easynews.com. If you are not a user, you'll need to log on (it's approx $10 US a month, but as you can see, you can download virtually everything!)
Nice call - and is Roubaix 2007 available for download too? I've never used Usenet b4, not sure how it works...

Oh, because it's a news site, files are on their servers for approx 40 days. If the file is there, you can get it. Unlike bloody torrents that a) take forever to download & b) cut you off 50% of the time.

nitrous said:
Nice call - and is Roubaix 2007 available for download too? I've never used Usenet b4, not sure how it works...
Yes. Cycling 2007 Spring Classics - Paris Roubaix from Arenberg Dutch comm. This one's 1.73 gig.

Once you have paid, you get 20gig download limit or 30 days (whatever comes first). it's tricky at first, but you get used to it. Basically, all I do is search from the 'global' search page, and find what I'm looking for. then you can either use the 'zip' function within the app, or just download the avi (use a download manager like 'FreshDownload', it's much faster (you probably already know that!!).

You can search through news groups seperately, but this is a bit of a hassle. Seeders usually put the files in as 'par file batches'.

If you get this far and are still having probs, message me

Well done caferacerwanabe for picking an Aussie Winner!!
Oops - dont forget the man who rode like a man possessed- Stuey- the man is a LEGEND even though he's from Crow territory - arrgghh Stuey - you the MAN

Stuey has done something remarkable that will go down in history...love the way the media in Australia jumped on board and celebrated this achievement.
The media has finally accepted other sports besides cricket and Ian Thorpe-bashing, they are to be congratulated for this. Good on ya, Media Moguls..."what? 3 seconds on the late news ? I'm not surprised"

nitrous said:

I FOUND IT! Try Torrentbox dot com (in French of course!)