Opinions on Klein Mantra....

On 17 Jun 2004 15:54:42 -0700, [email protected] (Jonesy) wrote:

>jfizer wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> I just purchased my second Klein Mantra (a 2000) after my last got
>> stollen a few years ago (a 1997). People I've talked to seem to either
>> love or hate these bikes and I was wondering why that is.

>Three words:
>
>URT.
>
>HTH, HAND.

I guess I just dont think that URT setups are that evil. Especially on
the Mantra where the pivot point is high on the frame and in front of
the rider.

However I do agree that a more modern suspension system would be
preferable. I just cant justify the cost of a new bike and thus count
myself lucky to find a 2k Mantra in "as new" condition.

John, Paul, George & Ringo! :)
Well, at least Paul & Ringo...

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

"Sgt Pepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> rest of...what? rest of me? :)
> Sgt Pepper
>
> "Zilla" <[email protected]> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hey, where's the rest of you?
> >
> > --
> > - Zilla
> > Cary, NC
> > (Remove XSPAM)
> >

> > "Sgt Pepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > oh, yes, it's me on my actual bike :)
> > > http://www.turist.cz/mysteryteam/sumava/Foto2002jaro/vanthor16.jpg
> > >

> > > "Sgt Pepper" <[email protected]> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku

> > news:[email protected]...

succesfully
> > finish many marathons on
> > > this

> > tracks and races and my

Mantra
> > and bought Morati 1.3

> > riding on dirt roads and

> > ever...depending of components,
> > > of

> > news:eek:[email protected]...

> > news:[email protected]...

got

> > either

rear

are
> > so

the
> > entire

pivot.
> > So, if

you
> > stand

rather
> > than

> > suspension

> > problem, of

you
> > really

going
> > downhill

URT.

(as

bike.

"Sgt Pepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> oh, yes, it's me on my actual bike :)
> http://www.turist.cz/mysteryteam/sumava/Foto2002jaro/vanthor16.jpg

I recall that color scheme from somewhere...

Oh yeah,

<http://www.whooya.net/pitstop/buses/partridge.jpg>

jfizer wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:02:58 GMT, "S o r n i"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Where do you get this "not designed to do" stuff? A big part of /any/ XC FS
>>bike is handling technical descents (as opposed to "downhill runs"). The
>>Mantra doesn't do this very well...period. (Neither do I, but that's a
>>separate issue.)
>>
>>Bill "go ride your bike already" S.
>>

> I "get this" from the 1997 Klein Mantra users manual. I dont have it
> in front of me so I cant give exact quotes.

Yeah I asked you before, you bought a mountain bike that is not for
technical riding, of downhill, but for exploring? WTF is that?
It is a mountain bike, I don't know any of them that say "don't ride
this bike downhill!".

It just seems plain stupid that Klein would build a bike, which was
clearly aimed towards the XC market (it did come with shocks on both
ends), then tell the user it is not intended for downhill or technical
riding.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)