Organized rides in lower MI & Eastern IN

eganders

Guest
I would like suggestions of good organized rides in Southern Michigan
and upper Eastern part of Indiana area. The rides should be in July,
August or September. I would like the rides to include at least 20
through 50 miles, have good participation and be a good value (well
organized, on uncrowded roads and decent food). I don't want to just
contribute to a ride that is organized for the sponser of a cause
only. What suggestions can you give?

eganders wrote:
> I would like suggestions of good organized rides in Southern Michigan
> and upper Eastern part of Indiana area. The rides should be in July,
> August or September. I would like the rides to include at least 20
> through 50 miles, have good participation and be a good value (well
> organized, on uncrowded roads and decent food). I don't want to just
> contribute to a ride that is organized for the sponser of a cause
> only. What suggestions can you give?

Amishland http://www.mbabike.com/ is a popular ride among my friends,
although I haven't personally been on it.

eganders wrote:
> > I would like suggestions of good organized rides in Southern Michigan
> > and upper Eastern part of Indiana area. The rides should be in July,
> > August or September. I would like the rides to include at least 20
> > through 50 miles, have good participation and be a good value (well
> > organized, on uncrowded roads and decent food). I don't want to just
> > contribute to a ride that is organized for the sponser of a cause
> > only. What suggestions can you give?

Mike:
> Amishlandhttp://www.mbabike.com/is a popular ride among my friends,
> although I haven't personally been on it.

Hey! That was going to be my suggestion!!
ACC is a mega-ride. Nice roads (dunno about uncrowded).
Jackson's wenie roast event was delightful the one year I went.
Try the LMB calendar for more ideas. lmb.org

HTH

--Karen D.