OT: 'Disaster Recovery' ( But figure you techies would like )

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by A. Paterson, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. A. Paterson

    A. Paterson Guest

    My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last night's
    DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at the top. :(

    Hope noone is looking for a file restore from yesterday..!

    Oh well, the weather is supposed to be really good for tomorrow so I hope
    your all gearing up for it.

    Tags:

  2. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    "A. Paterson" <apsw07048 <spam>@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    : My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last night's
    : DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at the top. :(

    Opps! Still as long as you have time to get anyone backup in you'll be
    ok.

    Snapshots - it's the way forward for this sort of stuff with tapes
    only for the longer term recoverys.

    --
    Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
    - Paulina Borsook

  3. > My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last
    > night's DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at
    > the top. :(

    Note to self: don't try this at home. LTO2 tapes are Seriously Expensive
    ;-)

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
    University

  4. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

    : Note to self: don't try this at home. LTO2 tapes are Seriously Expensive

    Buy more of them - we've just bought 100. And the price is coming down
    very fast.

    Arthur

    --

  5. Arthur Clune wrote:

    >> Note to self: don't try this at home. LTO2 tapes are Seriously
    >> Expensive

    > Buy more of them - we've just bought 100. And the price is coming down
    > very fast.

    I've just bought 50, won't that do for now?

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
    University

  6. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

    : I've just bought 50, won't that do for now?

    Dunno. How much data do you have to worry about?

    --

  7. A. Paterson <apsw07048 wrote:

    > My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last night's
    > DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at the top. :(

    I once transferred the tape from a broken VCR cassette to another.
    Incredibly fiddly but it worked.

  8. "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > A. Paterson <apsw07048 wrote:
    >
    > > My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last

    night's
    > > DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at the top.

    :(

    > I once transferred the tape from a broken VCR cassette to another.
    > Incredibly fiddly but it worked.

    Had to have been a good porn movie, why else would a guy go through that!
    :D