OT: 'Disaster Recovery' ( But figure you techies would like )

A. Paterson

Guest
My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last night's
DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at the top. :(

Hope noone is looking for a file restore from yesterday..!

Oh well, the weather is supposed to be really good for tomorrow so I hope
your all gearing up for it.

"A. Paterson" <apsw07048 <spam>@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
: My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last night's
: DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at the top. :(

Opps! Still as long as you have time to get anyone backup in you'll be
ok.

Snapshots - it's the way forward for this sort of stuff with tapes
only for the longer term recoverys.

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook

> My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last
> night's DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at
> the top. :(

Note to self: don't try this at home. LTO2 tapes are Seriously Expensive
;-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
University

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

: Note to self: don't try this at home. LTO2 tapes are Seriously Expensive

Buy more of them - we've just bought 100. And the price is coming down
very fast.

Arthur

--

Arthur Clune wrote:

>> Note to self: don't try this at home. LTO2 tapes are Seriously
>> Expensive

> Buy more of them - we've just bought 100. And the price is coming down
> very fast.

I've just bought 50, won't that do for now?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
University

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

: I've just bought 50, won't that do for now?

Dunno. How much data do you have to worry about?

--

A. Paterson <apsw07048 wrote:

> My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last night's
> DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at the top. :(

I once transferred the tape from a broken VCR cassette to another.
Incredibly fiddly but it worked.

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> A. Paterson <apsw07048 wrote:
>
> > My disaster recovery this morning -- peice together the bits of last

night's
> > DLT 40/80 tape at the bottom of the stairs which I dropped at the top.

:(

> I once transferred the tape from a broken VCR cassette to another.
> Incredibly fiddly but it worked.

Had to have been a good **** movie, why else would a guy go through that!
:D