OT: Heart Rate Monitors Detachable From Chest Band Via Snap Connectors?

(PeteCresswell)

Guest
I've got an old Polar "Pacer" that's about to go to heart monitor
heaven after about 20 years of service bc the plastic is breaking
down.

Looking for a replacement that has snap-attachments to a chest
belt - as opposed to an integrated belt - so I can use gel pads
like the one shown.
http://tinyurl.com/ypbx8q and http://tinyurl.com/yog6h7

Read-out unit is moot bc I only use it with an exercise machine
that reads the signal direct.

Retailer web pages don't show enough detail to tell whether units
are inter grated into the strap or have snap connectors.

Anybody got a recent model that has the snap connectors?

I'm assuming the signal protocol is standard across models - or
that major exercise equipment mfrs like PreCor recognize all the
commonly-used protocols.
--
PeteCresswell

On Feb 24, 4:50 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've got an old Polar "Pacer" that's about to go to heart monitor
> heaven after about 20 years of service bc the plastic is breaking
> down.
>
> Looking for a replacement that has snap-attachments to a chest
> belt - as opposed to an integrated belt - so I can use gel pads
> like the one shown.http://tinyurl.com/ypbx8q  and  http://tinyurl.com/yog6h7
>
> Read-out unit is moot bc I only use it with an exercise machine
> that reads the signal direct.
>
> Retailer web pages don't show enough detail to tell whether units
> are inter grated into the strap or have snap connectors.
>
> Anybody got a recent model that has the snap connectors?
>
> I'm assuming the signal protocol is standard across models - or
> that major exercise equipment mfrs like PreCor recognize all the
> commonly-used protocols.
> --
> PeteCresswell

I have no information about a modern replacement with snaps, but I
wonder why you need one with those old gummy pads?

I have the cheapest Sigma and it works fine with exercise equipment.

Joseph