Ouch - track racing

[email protected] wrote:

> Zilla wrote:
> > http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/curve_of_death.wmv
> >
> > --
> > - Zilla
> > Cary, NC USA
> > (Remove XSPAM)

> Typical track racing , and a classic hook. You can take 'em to the
> fense .... but you aren't supposed to leave them there.
>
> If you want to check out poor sportsmanship ... watch the end of this
>
> http://www.smithersmpls.com/movie/JustTheCrash.wmv

> Bar slap ... thats what did in John Harrington at Hellyer Velodrome
> (bringing this back to mountain biking...)

Nice clip. I'd be waiting for that ******* in the parking lot.
____
Slack

[email protected] wrote:

> Slack wrote:
> > Zilla wrote:
> >
> > > http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/curve_of_death.wmv

> > Damn, that's the worst track accident I've seen. I can't believe
> > that railing was so low
> > ____
> > Slack

> Pretty typical for any "Balustrade" (the fense around a velodrome)
> .... It is at a level the riders can hold on to it before rolling
> out ... for some events. Traditions sometimes kill.

Now that I think about it, you're right. Used to ride here
http://www.encinovelodrome.org/gallery.htm and hopefully will be riding
here sometime in the not too distant future
http://www.juniorvelo.com/wp-content/Stitched_Result_50c_75p.jpg

Btw, check some great stills of a differnet type of crash
http://www.sportsshooter.com/STEVEC/crash/
____
Slack

"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>

>> Zilla wrote:
>> > http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/curve_of_death.wmv
>> >
>> > --
>> > - Zilla
>> > Cary, NC USA
>> > (Remove XSPAM)

>> Typical track racing , and a classic hook. You can take 'em to the
>> fense .... but you aren't supposed to leave them there.
>>
>> If you want to check out poor sportsmanship ... watch the end of this
>>
>> http://www.smithersmpls.com/movie/JustTheCrash.wmv

>> Bar slap ... thats what did in John Harrington at Hellyer Velodrome
>> (bringing this back to mountain biking...)

> Nice clip. I'd be waiting for that ******* in the parking lot.
> ____
> Slack

I'd like to know what happened to the poor chap who slid lifelessly down the
track. Looks like he hit his head on a post but no one mentions him.

Andy

"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>

>> Slack wrote:

>> > Damn, that's the worst track accident I've seen. I can't believe
>> > that railing was so low
>> > ____
>> > Slack

>> Pretty typical for any "Balustrade" (the fense around a velodrome)
>> .... It is at a level the riders can hold on to it before rolling
>> out ... for some events. Traditions sometimes kill.

> Now that I think about it, you're right. Used to ride here
> http://www.encinovelodrome.org/gallery.htm and hopefully will be riding
> here sometime in the not too distant future
> http://www.juniorvelo.com/wp-content/Stitched_Result_50c_75p.jpg
>

> Btw, check some great stills of a differnet type of crash
> http://www.sportsshooter.com/STEVEC/crash/
> ____
> Slack

ouch.

One thing about crashing while mountain biking....you usually don't get
piled on!

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> [email protected] wrote:

>>> Pretty typical for any "Balustrade" (the fense around a velodrome)
>>> .... It is at a level the riders can hold on to it before rolling
>>> out ... for some events. Traditions sometimes kill.

>> Now that I think about it, you're right. Used to ride here
>> http://www.encinovelodrome.org/gallery.htm and hopefully will be riding
>> here sometime in the not too distant future
>> http://www.juniorvelo.com/wp-content/Stitched_Result_50c_75p.jpg
>>

>> Btw, check some great stills of a differnet type of crash
>> http://www.sportsshooter.com/STEVEC/crash/
>> ____
>> Slack

> ouch.
>
> One thing about crashing while mountain biking....you usually don't get
> piled on!
>
> Gary

Not usually but I have run over my brother before.

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Now that I think about it, you're right. Used to ride here
>>> http://www.encinovelodrome.org/gallery.htm and hopefully will be riding
>>> here sometime in the not too distant future
>>> http://www.juniorvelo.com/wp-content/Stitched_Result_50c_75p.jpg
>>>

>>> Btw, check some great stills of a differnet type of crash
>>> http://www.sportsshooter.com/STEVEC/crash/
>>> ____
>>> Slack

>> ouch.
>>
>> One thing about crashing while mountain biking....you usually don't get
>> piled on!
>>
>> Gary

> Not usually but I have run over my brother before.
>
> Matt

Intentional pile-on doesn't count.

:)

Zilla wrote:
> http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/curve_of_death.wmv
>
> --
> - Zilla
> Cary, NC USA
> (Remove XSPAM)

Tracking cycling is f^&cking mental. I've only tried is a few times,
never competed, but 35 miles an hour on fixed wheel single speed bone
shaker, with no brakes, traveling an inch from the guy in front on hard
concrete. A recommend everyone try it at least once.

Laters,

Marz