General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Pandoras stuffed zucchini

Started by Jen · · Last activity · 18 posts · 363 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 January 2006
Last activity
28 January 2006
Original author
Jen
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
363
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I didn't see your stuffed zucchini recipe Pandora. Could you repost it
    please.

    Jen

  2. "Jen" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't see your stuffed zucchini recipe Pandora. Could you repost it
    please.

    Jen

    Surely! Here is
    And here are the photo:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/ml761z.jpg
    Stuffed zucchini with Duchess potatoes
    http://i1.tinypic.com/ml766o.jpg
    http://i1.tinypic.com/ml75so.jpg
    http://i1.tinypic.com/ml75ua.jpg
    http://i1.tinypic.com/ml75w9.jpg

    Cheers
    Pandora

    Zucchini filled with meat

    Category: Side dish/entrée/main meal
    Nb persons: 6

    6 big zucchini - about 200g each
    160g ground meat - (I have used only beef, but you
    -can mix with pork meat , if you like)
    50g reggiano cheese
    1tbS dried onion
    1tbS dried majoran, thyme, oregano
    1tbs fresh or frozen parsley - minced
    1tbs breadcrumb
    1 egg
    2 tsp salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    For the Tomato sauce:
    2tbs EVOO - (extra virgin olive oil)
    1medium onion - fresh
    1tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1tsp oregano

    Light your oven and bring it to a temperature of 180°C (350F). I have used
    convention oven.
    Wash zucchini and cut the extremities, Then cut them longitudinally in about
    three pieces. Then, with the proper tool :"Zucchini cutter" (you can see the
    tool in the follow pic) take away the internal pulp of each piece of
    zucchina. Put the pulp in a robot and mince just for a little. Keep only
    2/3 cup of this pulp, throw away the other (You can use for other recipe).
    Put the minced zucchini pulp in a bowl and mix it with ground meat, and the
    other ingredients of recipe. With this mix, fill the pieces of zucchini
    (helping yourselves with a teaspoon).
    Now prepare the tomato sauce:
    In a saucepan put oil and chopped onion. When the onion is soft (not brown),
    add 750cc of tomato sauce (Not canned pelati but liquid sauce); then add
    salt, pepper, oregano, basil. Cook for only 5 minutes, because it will cook
    in the oven.
    Now, take a baking pan, put inside your tomato sauce and, inside it, the
    pieces of filled zucchini. Season zucchini with few olive oil, salt and
    pepper.
    Put in the oven for 1,10 hours. The last 15 minutes increase temperature
    bringing oven to 240°C (450F). Zucchinis are ready when they are lightly
    brown on the surface and when tomato sauce is dark , dense and not liquid.
    Note: Every 15-20 minutes turn zucchinis with a spoon.

    Serve in a tray with the tomato sauce over.
    Side dish: I suggest Duchess potatoes.

    Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
    Calories 20kcal
    Protein 1g (2%)
    Total Fat 1g (1%)
    Sat. 0g (1%)
    Chol. 31mg (10%)
    Carb. 2g (1%)
    Fiber 0g (2%)
    Sugars 1g
    Calcium 11mg (1%)
    Iron 0mg (2%)

    ----------

    Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)

  3. Jen said:

    I didn't see your stuffed zucchini recipe Pandora.
    Could you repost it please.

    Puh-leeeese! Stop encouraging that faux guinea tongued [censored].


  4. Quoted message said:

    add 750cc of tomato sauce (Not canned pelati but liquid sauce); then add
    salt, pepper, oregano, basil. Cook for only 5 minutes, because it will
    cook in the oven.
    Now, take a baking pan, put inside your tomato sauce and, inside it, the
    pieces of filled zucchini. Season zucchini with few olive oil, salt and
    pepper.

    Looks and sounds great. Thanks Pandora. Just one question, here in
    Australia what we call tomato sauce is what Americans call Ketchup - is that
    what you mean. We also have Tomato Paste which is much thicker than the
    sauce.

    Jen

  5. "Jen" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    add 750cc of tomato sauce (Not canned pelati but liquid sauce); then add
    salt, pepper, oregano, basil. Cook for only 5 minutes, because it will
    cook in the oven.
    Now, take a baking pan, put inside your tomato sauce and, inside it, the
    pieces of filled zucchini. Season zucchini with few olive oil, salt and
    pepper.

    Looks and sounds great. Thanks Pandora. Just one question, here in
    Australia what we call tomato sauce is what Americans call Ketchup - is
    that what you mean. We also have Tomato Paste which is much thicker than
    the sauce.

    Jen

    No! I don't mean ketchup or tomato paste. I mean a raw tomato sauce like
    this:
    http://www.alberti.it/images/passataverace071201.jpg
    we call it "passata di pomodoro".
    How do you call it?
    Cheers and thank you
    Pandora

    Quoted message said:


  6. "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No! I don't mean ketchup or tomato paste. I mean a raw tomato sauce like
    this:
    http://www.alberti.it/images/passataverace071201.jpg
    we call it "passata di pomodoro".
    How do you call it?
    Cheers and thank you
    Pandora

    I'm not sure what it would be in Australia. Bronwyn made it and I think
    she's from Australia, hopefully she's reading this and can help here!

    Jen

  7. Get a life Sheldon --- this recipe is dreamy. <g>

  8. "Jen" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No! I don't mean ketchup or tomato paste. I mean a raw tomato sauce like
    this:
    http://www.alberti.it/images/passataverace071201.jpg
    we call it "passata di pomodoro".
    How do you call it?
    Cheers and thank you
    Pandora

    I'm not sure what it would be in Australia. Bronwyn made it and I think
    she's from Australia, hopefully she's reading this and can help here!

    Jen

    Well, I try to explain more simply. If you put "pelati tomatoes" in a food
    processor, you will obtain a Passata di Pomodoro, the thing you need for
    this recipe.
    Tell me if you understand what I said.
    Cheers
    Pandora

  9. "Bronwyn" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Get a life Sheldon --- this recipe is dreamy. <g>

    Yes! he dreams to make these good things 😄DDDDDDDDD
    Pandora

  10. HI Jen,
    Its better if you make your own tomato sauce base for this recipe.
    Dead simple.
    Nice ripe or over ripe tomatoes, skinned, chopped into saucepan (say,
    4-6). Add splash olly oil, and 1/2C water; simmer with lid on for 20
    min. Then added 1 chopped onion, finely ch. stalk celery, stick of
    carrot, garlic clove and simmer with lid off for 30 min or so until it
    is nicely reduced. Add seasonings, cool a little and blitz in food
    proc. or blender. Add parsley or basil if desired.

    Cheers
    Bronnie
    Gold Coast

  11. "Bronwyn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    HI Jen,
    Its better if you make your own tomato sauce base for this recipe.
    Dead simple.
    Nice ripe or over ripe tomatoes, skinned, chopped into saucepan (say,
    4-6). Add splash olly oil, and 1/2C water; simmer with lid on for 20
    min. Then added 1 chopped onion, finely ch. stalk celery, stick of
    carrot, garlic clove and simmer with lid off for 30 min or so until it
    is nicely reduced. Add seasonings, cool a little and blitz in food
    proc. or blender. Add parsley or basil if desired.

    Cheers
    Bronnie
    Gold Coast

    Thanks both of you

    Jen

  12. "Jen" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No! I don't mean ketchup or tomato paste. I mean a raw tomato sauce
    like this:
    http://www.alberti.it/images/passataverace071201.jpg
    we call it "passata di pomodoro".
    How do you call it?
    Cheers and thank you

    Quoted message said:

    I'm not sure what it would be in Australia. Bronwyn made it and I
    think she's from Australia, hopefully she's reading this and can help
    here!

    Hi Jen - I see that Bronwyn has given instructions on making a sauce in
    another post, but just to let you know that you can buy passata in some
    supermarkets - I've seen it in a large glass bottle. Basically, though,
    it is just like tomato puree. What I've done when I've needed it, as
    Pandora says in another post, is just to take canned tomatoes and puree
    them with the stick blender.

    --
    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

  13. Rhonda Anderson said:

    "Jen" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    http://www.alberti.it/images/passataverace071201.jpg
    we call it "passata di pomodoro".
    How do you call it?

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Jen - I see that Bronwyn has given instructions on making a sauce
    in another post, but just to let you know that you can buy passata in
    some supermarkets - I've seen it in a large glass bottle. Basically,
    though, it is just like tomato puree. What I've done when I've needed
    it, as Pandora says in another post, is just to take canned tomatoes
    and puree them with the stick blender.

    I like to take a big can of whole tomatoes and put them in the blender.
    After pureeing for a bit, I pour it through a sieve to get the seeds
    out. You end up with liquidy tomato goodness.

    Brian

    --
    If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
    won't shut up.
    -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

  14. Rhonda Anderson said:

    "Jen" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    http://www.alberti.it/images/passataverace071201.jpg
    we call it "passata di pomodoro".
    How do you call it?

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Jen - I see that Bronwyn has given instructions on making a sauce
    in another post, but just to let you know that you can buy passata in
    some supermarkets - I've seen it in a large glass bottle. Basically,
    though, it is just like tomato puree. What I've done when I've needed
    it, as Pandora says in another post, is just to take canned tomatoes
    and puree them with the stick blender.

    I like to take a big can of whole tomatoes and put them in the blender.
    After pureeing for a bit, I pour it through a sieve to get the seeds
    out. You end up with liquidy tomato goodness.

    Brian

    --
    If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
    won't shut up.
    -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

  15. "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jen" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't see your stuffed zucchini recipe Pandora. Could you repost it
    please.

    Jen

    Surely! Here is
    And here are the photo:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/ml761z.jpg


    =========

    Yummmmmm!! That looks delicious!!!
    --
    Syssi

  16. "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jen" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't see your stuffed zucchini recipe Pandora. Could you repost it
    please.

    Jen

    Surely! Here is
    And here are the photo:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/ml761z.jpg


    =========

    Yummmmmm!! That looks delicious!!!
    --
    Syssi

  17. Bronwyn said:

    Get a life Sheldon --- this recipe is dreamy. <g>

    Dreamy zukes... any gal who romances herself with a zuke is who needs a
    life <g>

  18. Bronwyn said:

    Get a life Sheldon --- this recipe is dreamy. <g>

    Dreamy zukes... any gal who romances herself with a zuke is who needs a
    life <g>

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.