Panniers on disc brake MTB

njg02

Guest
G'day all. I've been asked to go on an overnight jaunt and don't have
anywhere to attach my rack. It is a Giant axt with discs. Does anyone know
if someone makes a rack that will attach to the v brake bosses on the
rear? I'd like to go on this ride and want to carry my camera gear on my
back and other gear on the bike.

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au

Found 'em. Topeak.

njg02 wrote:

> G'day all. I've been asked to go on an overnight jaunt and don't have
> anywhere to attach my rack. It is a Giant axt with discs. Does anyone know
> if someone makes a rack that will attach to the v brake bosses on the
> rear? I'd like to go on this ride and want to carry my camera gear on my
> back and other gear on the bike.

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au

njg02 said:
Axiom have a few racks to fit bikes with disc brakes as well. Old Man Mountain can fit bikes that don't have any eyelets at the dropout although they are pretty pricey. Or you can get inventive with any rack and use some spacers and long bolts. Most (decent) bike shops should be able to sort you out.

njg02 wrote:

> Found 'em. Topeak.
>
> njg02 wrote:
>
>>G'day all. I've been asked to go on an overnight jaunt and don't have
>>anywhere to attach my rack. It is a Giant axt with discs. Does anyone know
>>if someone makes a rack that will attach to the v brake bosses on the
>>rear? I'd like to go on this ride and want to carry my camera gear on my
>>back and other gear on the bike.

I made mine like this
http://www.bicyclestore.com.au/Topeak-QR-Beam-Rack-RX-pr-20592.html

starting with a pair of STAUFF Clamps around the seat post welded a beam
on and attached a deck with sides to stop the panniers touching the wheel.