Paola Giacomelli

Olebiker wrote:
> Henry:
>
> There's a lot to be said for a pretty face, but if I am looking for
> someone to get my house clean, I'll call the cleaning lady. If I am
> looking to find information, I'd prefer a Web site without gimmicks
> that make me jump through a couple of hoops in order to get to the
> information. Too often Web design gimmicks get in the way of
> fulfilling the purpose of the site.
>
> Take a look at www.hincapiesports.com. It has all sorts of cutesy
> little fluff that distract the customer from getting a good look at

the
> clothes. I had to mute the speakers just so I could stand to look at
> the product.

Dumbass -

You're missing the whole point. They do stuff like that because Freds
love that ****, especially the cheesy "intense" music. The Freds then
Walter Mittyishly imagine themselves to be George Hincapie, then buy
the product.

That **** works. That's why they do it. It doesn't mean that Flash
sucks, it means that you personally don't like what appeals to the
general Fred public.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

In article <[email protected]>,
Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Does sucky stuff that moves suck more than sucky stuff that is static?

> Yes. Way more.
>
> It is a challenge to write bad html that sucks as badly as
> most flash.
>
> The amount of flash that sucks is a much higher percentage
> of the total body of work than that for html.
>
> People write flash for the same reason dogs lick their
> penises. Because they can.

"Why did the dog lick his penis? Because he couldn't make a fist..."

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> People write flash for the same reason dogs lick their
>> penises. Because they can.

> "Why did the dog lick his penis? Because he couldn't make a fist..."

People who write flash can't make a fist?

In article <a3_Hd.25$G31.3@okepread05>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>
> >> People write flash for the same reason dogs lick their
> >> penises. Because they can.

> > "Why did the dog lick his penis? Because he couldn't make a fist..."
> >

> People who write flash can't make a fist?

Some would say they spent too much time doing just that...

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Henry:
>You're missing the whole point. They do stuff like that because Freds
>love that ****, especially the cheesy "intense" music.

Wrong again, Henry. I can't think of one person, except Web designers
and pony-tail wearing slaves to fashion, who don't find Flash and
techno music irritating.

>The Freds then Walter Mittyishly imagine themselves to be George

Hincapie, then buy the product.

Do you actually know any Freds who dream of being a domestique? All
the Freds I know, including me, would never spend the kind of money
Hincapie wants for a nondescript jersey. The only people I know who
would consider buying one are the guys who actually BELIEVE what they
read in GQ.

>That **** works. That's why they do it. It doesn't mean that Flash
>sucks, it means that you personally don't like what appeals to the
>general Fred public.

Wrong again, Hank. Flash, as it is commonly used, pisses people off.

Flash has its place in Web design. It works to build anticipation,
like when you are introducing a new car on a Web site. Once that new
car is on the market and I want to find out what options are available,
I don't want to mess with it. I am too impatient.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:31:23 -0800, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I enjoyed
>reading some of your posts from time to time, when they are witty, but
>attacking others is just chatter on rbr. You should drop the dumbass too, it
>doesn't suit you. That belongs to Henry.

I'm sorry to hear that being called a dirty old man is an insult. It
was my top result in that vocational test they give in high school. I
know for sure that the pre-dirty old men outnumbered premed at
Michigan State by a huge margin. Then again, between Bali Hai and
Strohs, my memories are a bit vague.

The great thing about being a dirty old man is that the Internet puts
the career goals within the reach of anyone with a bit of dedication.
For anyone just starting out, I highly recommend dual monitors.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Olebiker wrote:
> Henry:
> >You're missing the whole point. They do stuff like that because

Freds
> >love that ****, especially the cheesy "intense" music.

> Wrong again, Henry. I can't think of one person, except Web

designers
> and pony-tail wearing slaves to fashion, who don't find Flash and
> techno music irritating.
>
> >The Freds then Walter Mittyishly imagine themselves to be George

> Hincapie, then buy the product.
>
> Do you actually know any Freds who dream of being a domestique? All
> the Freds I know, including me, would never spend the kind of money
> Hincapie wants for a nondescript jersey. The only people I know who
> would consider buying one are the guys who actually BELIEVE what they
> read in GQ.
>
> >That **** works. That's why they do it. It doesn't mean that Flash
> >sucks, it means that you personally don't like what appeals to the
> >general Fred public.

> Wrong again, Hank. Flash, as it is commonly used, pisses people off.
>
> Flash has its place in Web design. It works to build anticipation,
> like when you are introducing a new car on a Web site. Once that new
> car is on the market and I want to find out what options are

available,
> I don't want to mess with it. I am too impatient.

Dumbass -

If that **** didn't work, it wouldn't get used. Major retailing
corporations (car companies, etc.) put a lot of $$$$ into studying that
stuff objectively with focus groups and the like.

Check out:

www.miniusa.com

for instance. Total fluff. But obviously it works - a company like BMW
is going to make a presentation that makes the biggest impression on
the greatest number of people.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

"k.papai" wrote:

> Hey Greg, give it a rest. You always bite the F-ing hand that feeds
> you anyway. Do you too have no friends?

Obviously not. I'm not a bad guy, just misunderstood.