Parts list of the Goose

Technician

Guest
Ok, here is the list of what i have (in relation to the threads about the frame Clyde is sending me,
and so forth).
--------
seat- bell w/cut out for bits seatpost- thomson elite, SP-E124, 28.6 X 410, with 3" cut off bar- 2"
drop w/10?deg back stem- 25.4 for threaded brakes- shimano v w/aztec threaded pads f der- shimano r
der- shimano mega range chain- Z (exposed rivets) wheels- f- sumo 26x1.5 r- generic, same size
tires- kenda 26x2.10 r- k-887-007 f- k-877-009 cranks- shimano w/pressed on rings rear cogs- shimano
mf-hg37 shifter/brake levers- shimano combo rapid-fire and v-brake bb- shimano 68-118, sealed
----------
Keep in mind some, if not most of the parts are worn out, but can be re- used. The tires are getting
worn, but i think i should be able to get another season or two before they go bald. the wheels are
re-packed fairly frequently, so those are good for a while, though the bearings in the rear hub are
about done (can i just replace the bearings alone?) brake pads are new (just put them on before the
first ride), and i still have one pair extra (got a really good deal on them at the end of last
season). the rear shifter works, but it is kind of worn and is not as crisp as it once was. will
work fine if needed though. The cranks are square drive, though the square is more of a star at the
moment. Other than that, everything should translate over fairly well, except for previously
mentioned items. the seat post won't fit, but Clyde has one that he found. the BB may fit (Clyde
hasn't said otherwise yet), but i will only use it as a spare as Clyde took the time to find, clean
up, and re-pack a BB for it. the rear freewheel is quite new, and besides, i don't have a tool to
change it out anyway (LBS never did order the right one. oh well). the bar may be a little awkward
as it is a riser bar, but in that i am used to it, i may just need the riser bar, or a 1" longer
stem. I should be able to afford the cables and housings (forgot about them until Clyde mentioned
it). the cables i have are so frayed they would never thread back through a housing.

I'm sure i'll find something that i missed, though hopefully it won't be something real important.

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronic, Owner/Founder/Developer

John G/ClydesdaleMTB: Frame - GT Timberline BB Seat-post - Kalloy F Fork - RST F Derailer -
STX-RC Stem

Gary in VA: R Derailer - Shimano Alivio 7spd R shift lever - Shimano Rapid Fire 7spd Brakes - Promax
V levers and brakes Seat - Selle San Marco Race Day Bar - Titec Helbent, flat w/ red ano Crankset -
Sugino Impel (sqr taper), needs small gear

Nelson Binch: stem

BB: stem

I think that's everybody. note, this is not a contract of who is shipping what, just so others, and
i can keep track of what was offered.

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronic, Owner/Founder/Developer

Travis says:

<snip good folks>

Trav, Post a list of what has NOT been offered, but is still needed. Steve

Stephen Baker wrote:

> Post a list of what has NOT been offered, but is still needed.

He really won't know that until he gets the frame and starts swapping parts over.

> Travis says:
>
> <snip good folks>
>
> Trav, Post a list of what has NOT been offered, but is still needed. Steve

Hmm, i think most of the big stuff is covered. off the top of my head...

Small ring for 5 bolt compact crank. shifter for front derailer, preferably shimano Rapid fire to
match the one offered by Gary, or matching set of other (7spd rear).

The chain i have is still ok, when going by Sheldon Brown's guide (a little less than 1/16" of
stretch), though it may be too wide. i can get one at my LBS fairly cheap if needed.

The cables and housings i should be able to get from my LBS.

the grips i have are still all good.

Other than what is noted here, i think i should be all set. If there is anything somebody thinks i
missed, let me know, though i may end up finding it out later anyway.

My LBS may have a small crank ring for fairly cheap, as for the rapid fire shifter, i think they
will only have one as a complete set, or have to order it anyway (remember all my complaints about
when i have them order stuff?)

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronic, Owner/Founder/Developer

> > Travis says:
> >
> > <snip good folks>
> >
> > Trav, Post a list of what has NOT been offered, but is still needed. Steve
> >

> Hmm, i think most of the big stuff is covered. off the top of my head...
>
> Small ring for 5 bolt compact crank. shifter for front derailer, preferably shimano Rapid fire to
> match the one offered by Gary, or matching set of other (7spd rear).
>
> The chain i have is still ok, when going by Sheldon Brown's guide (a little less than 1/16" of
> stretch), though it may be too wide. i can get one at my LBS fairly cheap if needed.
>
> The cables and housings i should be able to get from my LBS.
>
> the grips i have are still all good.
>
> Other than what is noted here, i think i should be all set. If there is anything somebody thinks i
> missed, let me know, though i may end up finding it out later anyway.
>
> My LBS may have a small crank ring for fairly cheap, as for the rapid fire shifter, i think they
> will only have one as a complete set, or have to order it anyway (remember all my complaints about
> when i have them order stuff?)
>
> ~Travis

I'd offer to send you a set of decent 7-speed wheels for the cost of shipping and tell you where to
get a new left RF shifter really cheap but unfortunately I've been killfiled....