Pasela Tour Guard Tires - longevity?

Eric Peterson

Guest
When I checked my rear tire this morning I was shocked to discover that the tread had just about
worn through in multiple places. Seems like I just put these on, but unforunately I did not make a
note of the mileage at the time. So it has probably been a couple of thousand miles.

Anyone have any data on how long these tires (700x28) tend to last? My impression is that they do
not seem to last long. Any recommendations (or where to look) for 25s or 28s that are not prone to
flats and last "a long time"?

--Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson [email protected] said:

>When I checked my rear tire this morning I was shocked to discover that the
tread had just about worn through in multiple places.

Have you worn the tire down to the casing or just abraided the tread off? The tire should be ridable
until the casing shows.

As far as long lasting is concerned, the more rubber; the more miles.

PH

Eric Peterson wrote:
> When I checked my rear tire this morning I was shocked to discover that the tread had just about
> worn through in multiple places. Seems like I just put these on, but unforunately I did not make a
> note of the mileage at the time. So it has probably been a couple of thousand miles.
>
> Anyone have any data on how long these tires (700x28) tend to last? My impression is that they do
> not seem to last long. Any recommendations (or where to look) for 25s or 28s that are not prone to
> flats and last "a long time"?
>
> --Eric Peterson

My Pasela 27" x 1+1/8s have about 1900mi on them. The rear looks less than half worn and the front
looks fairly unworn. They are not identical to yours with different tread patterns but should be
similar in construction. GH

The casing is showing and the tire is bulging a little at a couple of places. The wearing seems
uneven though in that the tire is smooth most of the way around, but there are these 4-5 places
where it looks as if someone took a file to the tire and ground off the rubber.

EP

Pete Hausner wrote:
> Eric Peterson [email protected] said:
>

>>When I checked my rear tire this morning I was shocked to discover that the
>
> tread had just about worn through in multiple places.
>
> Have you worn the tire down to the casing or just abraided the tread off? The tire should be
> ridable until the casing shows.
>
> As far as long lasting is concerned, the more rubber; the more miles.
>
> PH

You might try Rivendell ruffy-tuffy (true 28mm) 310gm Tom

--
Bruni Bicycles "Where art meets science" brunibicycles.com
410.426.3420 Eric Peterson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When I checked my rear tire this morning I was shocked to discover that the tread had just about
> worn through in multiple places. Seems like I just put these on, but unforunately I did not make a
> note of the mileage at the time. So it has probably been a couple of thousand miles.
>
> Anyone have any data on how long these tires (700x28) tend to last? My impression is that they do
> not seem to last long. Any recommendations (or where to look) for 25s or 28s that are not prone to
> flats and last "a long time"?
>
> --Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> The casing is showing and the tire is bulging a little at a couple of places. The wearing seems
> uneven though in that the tire is smooth most of the way around, but there are these 4-5 places
> where it looks as if someone took a file to the tire and ground off the rubber.
>
> EP
>
> Pete Hausner wrote:
> > Eric Peterson [email protected] said:
> >

> >>When I checked my rear tire this morning I was shocked to discover that the
> >
> > tread had just about worn through in multiple places.
> >
> > Have you worn the tire down to the casing or just abraided the tread off? The tire should be
> > ridable until the casing shows.
> >
> > As far as long lasting is concerned, the more rubber; the more miles.
> >
> > PH

Eric:

I have a similar gripe about a Ultra 3000 4 Season tire, although mine only has about 1000 miles.
Tire worn unevenly, down to the casing in spots only. I don't lock up my rear brake (Campy
differentials) and I haven't used it on a trainer. Both of these were suggestions for the source of
the wear when I contacted Continental. They told me to return the tire but didn't promise anything
and sounded skeptical. I was reticent to spend the $ to send it back if they weren't intending on
replacing it. Problem is, now the other tire that I replaced the rear with (same make/model) is
doing the same thing.

I have had good luck in the past with Conti's but now I'm not sure I should ride them any more. 1000
miles on what is purportedly a "high mileage tire" that costs almost $50 a pop is a bunch of ****.

App