"limey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:PgTDe.47787$Zu1.11569@trnddc04...
Quoted message said:
"Shaun aRe" wrote in message >
Quoted message said:"limey" wrote in message
Quoted message said:
"Shaun aRe" wrote in message >
> Ayrshire cured middle bacon - delicious! I bought a chunk of that
(not
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> rashers) to make the bacon, bean and veg. herby stew I made last w/e
> for
> everyone of us campers. It was *delicious*! I wish I'd bought some
rashers
Quoted message said:> of it too for breakfast...
>
> Shaun aRe
Shame, shame on you for tantalizing me with Scottish bacon. Bacon
here
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:in
Quoted message said:the US is comparable to British "streaky" bacon - mostly fat, very
little
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:lean. What is sold here as "Canadian bacon" isn't like the bacon at
home,
Quoted message said:either.
I know. Why do you *think* I posted that? Heh... >',;~}~
You're a scoundrel.
Scoundrel, cad, bounder and foul brigande all! Indeed.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I miss short back bacon.
My favourite too, but some good, quite lean middle is a close second! I
prefer mine smoked.
Quoted message said:How about e-mailing me some, Shaun? <G>
Sure - see the link I posted earlier, heheheh!
You're even more of a scoundrel. "Only shipped within the UK". I know
where you live and I'll get you.
That could be fun >',;~}~
That's the problem though (re: shipping) - meats like those don't ship well.
The main point is that it's never seen a freezer or the inside of a sweaty
plastic wrap, and has been prepared in comparatively small batches.
The stuff we get locally when we treat ourselves is free range reared very
near by, the very best is rare breed, or 'wild' boar that's been allowed to
roam in woodland. It's culled at the perfect time, usually cured on site in
traditional manner, and sold through outlets within a ~20 mile radius. The
whole thing would fall apart if demand went up, as it would, should they
offer to ship it much further afield.
Believe me - if I could post you some, I'd do it!
Shaun aRe hoping that one day, I'll be able to rear a few of my own!