Pedal recommendations?

crazyb1

Feb 29, 2012
As of right now I'm using Shimano PD-R540 pedals on my bike and overall I love them, however lately i have been getting a weird rattling in them and its really starting to irritate and worry me. When sprinting, i am always a tad worried if i would randomly get unclipped and have a very unfortunate accident. I do like high spring tension to release just because of that added security that my foot won't come out unless if i want it too. Look often advertises the low spring tension on their classic pedals. Are there any other pedals out there for the sub $120 dollar range that has a high spring tension and are reliable?

The cheaper offerings of the 'new generation' Shimano pedals with the steel top-plate are very tough to beat for value. The 105s can be bought online for less than 60 bucks, with cleats!! I have six pairs of new 105s, and the last set I bought were 40 bucks, still with cleats!! :) Some retail shops here sell the cleats alone for $45. The clip-in/release tension range is very broad; you can have them pretty loose if you want, but they also be done up very tight.

Speed play sell some cheap road pedals, they're very easy to clip into and out of. Also great on the knee's.