Pezcyclingnews: Lee’s Lowdown: Cycling Is Fun!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Lee Rodgers has raced hard, trained hard and put his body through the mill for his cycling and then did it again for a comeback. In that time he couldn’t understand how people could ride a bike and not want to race, or not ride a bike at all! Now he gets it, and explains his ‘road to Damascus’ and seeing the light of cycling just for the fun of it. I was out the other evening at my favorite watering hole enjoying a refreshing Hefeweizen (its a beer not a species of cow, just to be clear) when a non-cycling friend of mine, quite out of the blue, asked me if Id ever been to see a psychiatrist. He was American, yes, if youre wondering.No. Why?Just asking. I have.Im a cyclist. I get therapy almost every day, I replied brusquely, not wanting to segue into an extended voyage through his personal problems.Hefeweizen – no madness hereThe town I live in is a nice town, there are trees and buildings and nice stuff like museums and horrible things like shopping malls, but I realized a while ago that if I didnt get out into the hills on my bike four to six times a week, my appreciation of the urban sprawl I live in would be much different. I know this is true because from the ages of 18 to 36, I barely rode more than 200km in total, and thats being generous. The odd trip to the store notwithstanding,...

View the full article