Michael Farthing said:There is a widely observed custom in this newsgroup that Trip Reports
have TR included at the start of the subject line for the benefit of
those who do not want to read these.
What chance of a similar custom for photography? I'm suggesting PH.
Public House?
What about DP? Digital Photography?
Or LP? Landscape Photography?
Quoted message said:Photography is a perfectly valid topic for the newsgroup but there
are a lot of us who simply don't know what a UV filter is and, quite
frankly, aren't interested. Any chance? Come on Paul - set an
example - get it established.
What make you think that I start a lot of photography threads? Check
Google.
Photography discussions mostly start as thread drifts. Or others start
them. I rarely ever start a specific photography thread (Okay, I admit,
G3 Contrast Range was my fault!), the nearest I get is just some links
to photos, e.g. the recent Fireworks Pics thread - but that was OT
because of the subject, not because it was about photography.
Paul
--
http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk