General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Please help with starting raw vegan diet

Started by Ann · · Last activity · 24 posts · 1,395 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 June 2004
Last activity
13 June 2004
Original author
Ann
Posts
24
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,395
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 24
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello,

    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything with
    any animal products for about five years, but, it hasn't
    been for health reasons and I haven't been the healthiest
    eater -- my diet includes lots of carbs, bready things,
    potatoes, pasta, sugary things. I was recently told to
    switch to an all raw fruit and veggie diet to treat an acne
    problem that I've had for a long time. It sounds promising,
    and I'm hoping that it will help with a lot of other health
    problems too, but I want to do it right, not have to worry
    about adding *more* problems and getting frustrated thinking
    it's not helping because I'm bumbling it. Exactly what
    fruits and veggies and how many? Where should I get them,
    supermarket or health food store? Should they be organic?
    How should I wash them, eg I read about soaking non-
    pealables for 15 min. in a sink full of water mixed with a
    little peroxide.

    I also have a dilemma because I also want to try the
    "Master Cleanse" and I'm probably going to try a treatment
    for chronic systemic candida infection -- what do I do
    first? Can I do the cleanse and start the treatment at the
    same time?

    Please help!!

    Ann

  2. (Ann) said:

    Hello,

    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything
    with any animal products for about five years, but, it
    hasn't been for health reasons and I haven't been the
    healthiest eater -- my diet includes lots of carbs, bready
    things, potatoes, pasta, sugary things. I was recently told
    to switch to an all raw fruit and veggie diet to treat an
    acne problem that I've had for a long time. It sounds
    promising, and I'm hoping that it will help with a lot of
    other health problems too, but I want to do it right, not
    have to worry about adding *more* problems and getting
    frustrated thinking it's not helping because I'm bumbling
    it. Exactly what fruits and veggies and how many?

    Why do you think that eating exclusively fruits and
    vegetables is going to help with your health problems??? It
    is important to get adequate amounts of protein and good fat
    in your diet and this may be a problem if you limit intake
    to only fruits and vegetables. I know of no scientific
    evidence that such a diet is healthy or will help specific
    health problems.

    Quoted message said:

    Where should I get them, supermarket or health food
    store? Should they be organic? How should I wash them, eg
    I read about soaking non-pealables for 15 min. in a sink
    full of water mixed with a little peroxide.

    Eating lots of fruits and vegetables is likely good for you.
    If you can get organic then all the better. Always wash your
    fruits and vegetables with fresh water. But remember to eat
    enough protein and good fats.

    Quoted message said:


    I also have a dilemma because I also want to try the
    "Master Cleanse" and I'm probably going to try a
    treatment for chronic systemic candida infection -- what
    do I do first?

    What makes you think you have chronic systemic candidiasis??
    Who made the diagnosis and how was the diagnosis made??
    Systemic candida is usually seen in immunocompomised
    individuals. Systemic candida is often falsely diagnosed by
    alternative medicine practitioners. Proper treatment always
    starts with proper diagnosis.

    Quoted message said:

    Can I do the cleanse and start the treatment at the
    same time?

    I question the health benefits of anything that you are
    considering.

    I recommend first validating the diagnosis by seeing a
    qualified health professional. Find out on what basis the
    diagnosis was made.

    I suggest you get a balanced diet with whole grains, fruits,
    vegetables and adequate protein and good fats while avoiding
    consuming too many calories. Also, unless you have a medical
    contraindication, to get exercise (strength, endurance and
    flexibility training).

    Quoted message said:


    Please help!!

    Do you notice that you often worry excessively about
    your health??

    Aloha,

    Rich

    Quoted message said:


    Ann

    -------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Ann said:

    I also have a dilemma because I also want to try the
    "Master Cleanse" and I'm probably going to try a treatment
    for chronic systemic candida infection -- what do I do
    first? Can I do the cleanse and start the treatment at the
    same time?

    I would strongly advise you to avoid the candida
    treatments at all.

    Although there most certainly is a disease called "systemic
    candidiasis" which is awful and can be fatal, it's also
    quite unmistakeable and usually found only in
    immunocompromised persons.

    A trip to your doctor to find out whether you really have
    any sort of candida problem would be much more appropriate.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
    opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
    have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
    standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  4. Ann said:

    I want to do it right, not have to worry about adding
    *more* problems and getting frustrated thinking it's not
    helping because I'm bumbling it.

    But how can anyone help you when you haven't told us even
    the most basic information about your particular health
    conditions? For example, you haven't mentioned your blood
    type. What's right for a type O is completely different from
    what is needed by an AB. Type O in general are people
    descended from agrarian farmers, and for them a high-carb,
    grain-based diet is near optimal. On the other hand, type AB
    are people descended from hunters and fishermen, so a high-
    protein diet rich in fish oils is usually best. Type A
    should be eating lots of tomatoes, garlic, pasta and olive
    oil, while type B are shiftless people of no account who are
    best avoided.

    Also, it is not possible to make blanket recommendations
    based just on general factors without taking into account
    your unique personal traits. For example, a squat, swarthy
    type O is much more like a type A, and would benefit from a
    diet which includes type A foods -- in this case replacing
    the bread-and-butter diet of a typical type O with more
    olive oil and pasta. You can't expect to get these personal
    dietary recommendations through the Internet. You need to
    consult with a professional iridologist specializing in
    nutritional profiling. And of course, because of the
    depletion of agricultural soils by a century of chemical
    farming, you'll need dietary supplements containing
    essential nutrients such as tecnazene and quintozene.

    Right now, you're completely adrift. If you don't get help
    right away, you could be setting yourself up for a lifetime
    of malaise, low-energy, and chronic pain. For all you know,
    the root cause of your problems could be unrelated to diet
    -- you might have an electrical imbalance or you could be
    poisoned by a magnetic field. Have you tried reversing the
    direction in which you sleep, for example, so that your head
    is toward the north (if it was toward the south)? There are
    so many factors involved that no one person could be
    expected to be familiar with all of them. At the least,
    you'll need comprehensive diagnosis by a board-certified
    iridologist, chiropractor, and homeopathic physician. Even
    then, you'll need to treat their advice with caution,
    because of the variable quality of alternative medical
    education in this country. The average chiropractor only
    gets ONE HOUR of course study in iridology in his/her
    educational curriculum! Can you believe it! It's a scandal,
    I tell ya. Hope this helps :-)

  5. [email hidden] (Ann) wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything
    with any animal products for about five years, but, it
    hasn't been for health reasons and I haven't been the
    healthiest eater -- my diet includes lots of carbs, bready
    things, potatoes, pasta, sugary things. I was recently
    told to switch to an all raw fruit and veggie diet to
    treat an acne problem that I've had for a long time. It
    sounds promising, and I'm hoping that it will help with a
    lot of other health problems too, but I want to do it
    right, not have to worry about adding *more* problems and
    getting frustrated thinking it's not helping because I'm
    bumbling it. Exactly what fruits and veggies and how many?
    Where should I get them, supermarket or health food store?
    Should they be organic? How should I wash them, eg I read
    about soaking non-pealables for 15 min. in a sink full of
    water mixed with a little peroxide.

    You might want to take a look at Tom Billings' site,
    beyondveg.combeyondveg.com, for a discussion of some of the
    pitfalls of raw vegan, particularly fruitarian, diets
    (Billings is a vegetarian who used to be a raw vegan).

  6. "Ann" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything
    with any animal products for about five years,


    =======
    But I see it's really all about 'looks' and 'feelinge' as
    evidenced by your usenet posting. Not eating animals is not
    the same as not causing their death and suffering. Afterall,
    usenet is not cruelty-free, but here you are...

    but, it hasn't been for health

    Quoted message said:

    reasons and I haven't been the healthiest eater -- my diet
    includes lots of carbs, bready things, potatoes, pasta,
    sugary things. I was recently told to switch to an all raw
    fruit and veggie diet to treat an acne problem that I've
    had for a long time. It sounds promising, and I'm hoping
    that it will help with a lot of other health problems too,
    but I want to do it right, not have to worry about adding
    *more* problems and getting frustrated thinking it's not
    helping because I'm bumbling it. Exactly what fruits and
    veggies and how many? Where should I get them, supermarket
    or health food store? Should they be organic? How should I
    wash them, eg I read about soaking non-pealables for 15
    min. in a sink full of water mixed with a little peroxide.

    I also have a dilemma because I also want to try the
    "Master Cleanse" and I'm probably going to try a treatment
    for chronic systemic candida infection -- what do I do
    first? Can I do the cleanse and start the treatment at the
    same time?

    Please help!!

    Ann

  7. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Please help with starting raw vegan diet
    From: [email hidden] (Ann)
    Date: 6/5/2004 11:45 AM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    Hello,

    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything
    with any animal products for about five years, but, it
    hasn't been for health reasons and I haven't been the
    healthiest eater -- my diet includes lots of carbs, bready
    things, potatoes, pasta, sugary things. I was recently told
    to switch to an all raw fruit and veggie diet to treat an
    acne problem that I've had for a long time. It sounds
    promising, and I'm hoping that it will help with a lot of
    other health problems too, but I want to do it right, not
    have to worry about adding *more* problems and getting
    frustrated thinking it's not helping because I'm bumbling
    it. Exactly what fruits and veggies and how many? Where
    should I get them, supermarket or health food store? Should
    they be organic? How should I wash them, eg I read about
    soaking non-pealables for 15 min. in a sink full of water
    mixed with a little peroxide.

    I also have a dilemma because I also want to try the
    "Master Cleanse" and I'm probably going to try a treatment
    for chronic systemic candida infection -- what do I do
    first? Can I do the cleanse and start the treatment at the
    same time?

    Please help!!

    Ann

    You can do your own research. You will also be questioned
    and the badgering will begin, because the *gang* also denies
    candida and doing any cleansing.

    See a good alternative practitioner. Your questions wil
    be answered.

    As for cleaning fruits and veggies, soak in hot water for
    one minute, no longer, drain and wipe with paper towel,
    repeat a second time.

    I can tell you I have been on the South Beach diet for about
    a month. NO SUGAR does wonders for the body.

    Good Luck, and ignore the many questions as you will be put
    on trial here by the *gang* who could care less about YOU,
    they just have an insane need to be right.

    Jan

  8. "Ann" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything
    with any animal products for about five years, but, it
    hasn't been for health reasons and I haven't been the
    healthiest eater -- my diet includes lots of carbs, bready
    things, potatoes, pasta, sugary >things.

    Carbs are good for you, as part of a balanced diet. Just cut
    down on the sugary things.

    Quoted message said:

    I was recently told to switch to an all raw fruit and
    veggie diet to treat an acne problem that I've had for a
    long time.

    What you eat really doesn't have as much effect on acne as
    some people think. It should only hurt you if you have an
    allergy to one particular food.

    skincarephysicians.commyths.html

    "Myth #2: Acne is caused by diet. Extensive scientific
    studies have not found a connection between diet and acne.
    In other words, food does not cause acne. Not chocolate. Not
    french fries. Not pizza. Nonetheless, some people insist
    that certain foods affect their acne. In that case, avoid
    those foods. Besides, eating a balanced diet always makes
    sense. However, according to the scientific evidence, if
    acne is being treated properly, there's no need to worry
    about food affecting the acne."

    Quoted message said:

    It sounds promising,

    Don't bother.

    Quoted message said:

    and I'm hoping that it will help with a lot of other
    health >problems too,

    Ask a doctor (a mainstream one) what to do about improving
    your health. See a real dermatologist about your acne.

    Quoted message said:

    but I want to do it right, not have to worry about adding

    Quoted message said:

    *more* problems and getting frustrated thinking it's not


    helping >because I'm bumbling it.

    Then stay far far away from "Alternative" practitioners.
    Whoever told you to go on a strict diet to avoid acne has
    probably completely ignored the scientific studies which
    have shown little to no linkage between acne and diet.

    Quoted message said:

    Exactly what fruits and veggies and how many?

    Why the heck are you getting medical advice on a newsgroup
    anyway? If someone told you to go on a strict diet of sour
    cherries and plain eggplant, would you do it? Where does the
    madness end? I'm not saying you're mad, just that you need
    to take more of a common sense approach to these things.

    Diets can improve heatlh sometimes, but it seems like you're
    obssessing too much about what you eat and not giving enough
    energy toward other, more important things.

    Quoted message said:

    Where should I get them, supermarket or health food store?

    There's no really substantial health benefits regarding
    organic vs. non-organic, so don't pay the extra money.

    Quoted message said:

    Should they be
    organic?

    Unecessary.

    Quoted message said:

    How should I wash them, eg I read about soaking non-
    pealables for 15 min. in a sink full of water mixed with a
    little peroxide.

    Don't drink peroxide! It can be very dangerous and eat away
    things. Surprisingly a lot of pseudoscientists including
    Kent Hovind are promoting this, but it's really quite
    dangerous.

    "Hydrogen peroxide is being promoted as a "cure-all" by
    several small nonmedical organizations. These organizations
    claim that hydrogen peroxide can cure a variety of ailments
    including cancer, AIDS, and arthritis. However, use of
    hydrogen peroxide for these purposes has resulted in deaths
    and serious injuries. "

    h2o2.comhuman.html

    Just wash with water.

    Quoted message said:

    I also have a dilemma because I also want to try the

    Quoted message said:

    "Master Cleanse"

    Why do you feel a need to do that?

    Quoted message said:

    and I'm probably going to try a treatment for chronic

    Quoted message said:

    systemic candida infection -- what do I do first?

    You must have a really weak immune system if you have that!
    You'd better get a second opinion before you try to treat
    something you probably don't even have.

    Quoted message said:

    Can I do the cleanse and start the treatment at the
    same time?

    Do neither. Ask a doctor, a REAL doctor who went to
    medical school.

    Quoted message said:

    Please help!!

    I'm doing the best I can, please listen to what I've told
    you and don't put your health or pocketbook at risk any
    longer by accepting faux advice and faux treatments from a
    bunch of pseudoscientists.

    -Rubystars

  9. Ann said:

    Hello,

    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything
    with any animal products for about five years, but, it
    hasn't been for health reasons and I haven't been the
    healthiest eater -- my diet includes lots of carbs, bready
    things, potatoes, pasta, sugary things. I was recently
    told to switch to an all raw fruit and veggie diet to
    treat an acne problem that I've had for a long time. It
    sounds promising, and I'm hoping that it will help with a
    lot of other health problems too, but I want to do it
    right, not have to worry about adding *more* problems and
    getting frustrated thinking it's not helping because I'm
    bumbling it. Exactly what fruits and veggies and how many?
    Where should I get them, supermarket or health food store?
    Should they be organic? How should I wash them, eg I read
    about soaking non-pealables for 15 min. in a sink full of
    water mixed with a little peroxide.

    Firstly, I'd do more in the way of nonprocessed, whole grain
    carbs and cut back on sugary stuff. I eat a mostly
    vegetarian diet (ovo-lacto, with occasional fish and poultry
    still) and notice a big difference when having less-
    processed grains; whole grain breads, pastas, cereals, that
    type of thing. They also taste better to me. Secondly, as
    for raw fruits and veggies...just add them to your current
    diet instead of switching completely. As good as raw fruits
    and veggies are, I know I'd miss a good barley stew <g> I
    prefer to buy organic when I can, as they just taste better
    to me, but that depends on the individual. Just wash them
    under running water and you should be fine.

    Quoted message said:

    I also have a dilemma because I also want to try the
    "Master Cleanse" and I'm probably going to try a treatment
    for chronic systemic candida infection -- what do I do
    first? Can I do the cleanse and start the treatment at the
    same time?

    I'm gonna reiterate what others have already said. Systemic
    candida is a sign of a compromised immune system, so I'd see
    an MD (it takes a lot for me to see any doctor) to confirm
    the diagnosis before doing anything. If, indeed, it is
    systemic candida you need to find out why you have it.

    Good luck!!

    Kimmer kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

  10. "Ann" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything
    with any animal products for about five years, but, it
    hasn't been for health reasons and I haven't been the
    healthiest eater -- my diet includes lots of carbs, bready
    things, potatoes, pasta, sugary things. I was recently
    told to switch to an all raw fruit and veggie diet to
    treat an acne problem that I've had for a long time.

    There is scant evidence that this will work. However, almost
    every health advocate will champion including lots of
    unprocessed fruits and veggies in your diet. You'll only be
    helping yourself.

    Quoted message said:

    I also have a dilemma because I also want to try the
    "Master Cleanse" and I'm probably going to try a treatment
    for chronic systemic candida infection -- what do I do
    first? Can I do the cleanse and start the treatment at the
    same time?

    Do some research. "Cleanses" are a waste of time. You're far
    better off adjusting your diet and getting some exercise.

    le moo

  11. "Mark Thorson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Ann said:

    I want to do it right, not have to worry about adding
    *more* problems and getting frustrated thinking it's not
    helping because I'm bumbling it.

    But how can anyone help you when you haven't told us even
    the most basic information about your particular health
    conditions? For example, you haven't mentioned your blood
    type. What's right for a type O is completely different
    from what is needed by an AB. Type O in general are people
    descended from agrarian farmers, and for them a high-carb,
    grain-based diet is near optimal. On the other hand, type
    AB are people descended from hunters and fishermen, so a
    high-protein diet rich in fish oils is usually best. Type
    A should be eating lots of tomatoes, garlic, pasta and
    olive oil, while type B are shiftless people of no account
    who are best avoided.

    There's no evidence whatsoever for that "eat right for
    your type" BS.

    quackwatch.orgd'
    adamo.html

    Please stop peddling snake oil.

    Quoted message said:

    Also, it is not possible to make blanket recommendations
    based just on general factors without taking into account
    your unique personal traits. For example, a squat, swarthy
    type O is much more like a type A, and would benefit from
    a diet which includes type A foods -- in this case
    replacing the bread-and-butter diet of a typical type O
    with more olive oil and pasta. You can't expect to get
    these personal dietary recommendations through the
    Internet. You need to consult with a professional
    iridologist specializing in nutritional profiling. And of
    course, because of the depletion of agricultural soils by
    a century of chemical farming, you'll need dietary
    supplements containing essential nutrients such as
    tecnazene and quintozene.

    Iridology is also a load of complete and utter [censored].

    skepdic.comiridol.html

    Do you want to help this guy or make him go broke giving all
    his money to money grubbing con artists?

    Quoted message said:

    Right now, you're completely adrift.

    And you're not helping one bit.

    Quoted message said:

    If you don't get help right away, you could be setting
    yourself up for a lifetime of malaise, low-energy, and
    chronic pain. For all you know, the root cause of your
    problems could be unrelated to diet -- you might have an
    electrical imbalance or you could be poisoned by a
    magnetic field.

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call Alex Chiu to the Emergency room,
    call Alex Chiu! STAT!

    Quoted message said:

    Have you tried reversing the direction in which you sleep,
    for example, so that your head is toward the north (if it
    was toward the south)? There are so many factors involved
    that no one person could be expected to be familiar with
    all of them. At the least, you'll need comprehensive
    diagnosis by a board-certified iridologist,

    Quack

    Quoted message said:

    chiropractor,

    Quack

    Quoted message said:

    and homeopathic physician.

    Homeopathy is the worst of all. The dilutions are so great,
    often times, that not a single molecule of the so called
    therapeutic ingredient is left in a dose. Ever hear of
    Avogadro's number?

    Quoted message said:

    Even then, you'll need to treat their advice with caution,
    because of the variable quality of alternative medical
    education in this country.

    How about he go to a doctor who has had scientific training
    and evidence-based methodologies?

    Quoted message said:

    The average chiropractor only gets ONE HOUR of course
    study in iridology in his/her educational curriculum! Can
    you believe it! It's a scandal, I tell ya. Hope this
    helps :-)

    Chiropractic and Iridology are both scams and the fact that
    you idiots have duped so many people into forking over the
    dough for them is a scandal!

    -Rubystars

  12. "Rubystars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Ann" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    -Rubystars


    This looked like a troll post, so, Snippity snip

  13. "Eric Bohlman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    You might want to take a look at Tom Billings' site,
    beyondveg.combeyondveg.com, for a discussion of some of the
    pitfalls of raw vegan, particularly fruitarian, diets
    (Billings is a vegetarian who used


    to

    Quoted message said:

    be a raw vegan).

    That site is really something. It's a wealth of information
    for people who are considering going vegetarian. I haven't
    read the whole thing yet. But it's cogent and well
    organized.

    moo

  14. Mark is an idiot that mouths off about things he/she has no knowledge of.
    Never studied, never used, never known anyone who has.
    "Rubystars" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Mark Thorson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

  15. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Rubystars said:


    "Mark Thorson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Ann said:

    I want to do it right, not have to worry about adding
    *more* problems and getting frustrated thinking it's
    not helping because I'm bumbling it.

    But how can anyone help you when you haven't told us even
    the most basic information about your particular health
    conditions? For example, you haven't mentioned your blood
    type. What's right for a type O is completely different
    from what is needed by an AB. Type O in general are
    people descended from agrarian farmers, and for them a
    high-carb, grain-based diet is near optimal. On the other
    hand, type AB are people descended from hunters and
    fishermen, so a high-protein diet rich in fish oils is
    usually best. Type A should be eating lots of tomatoes,
    garlic, pasta and olive oil, while type B are shiftless
    people of no account who are best avoided.

    There's no evidence whatsoever for that "eat right for your
    type" BS.

    quackwatch.orgd
    'adamo.html

    Please stop peddling snake oil.

    So, Mark, do you practice "catch and release" or what?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
    opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
    have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
    standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  16. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Please help with starting raw vegan diet
    From: [email hidden] (David Wright)
    Date: 6/5/2004 12:41 PM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    Right on CUE.

    DENIAL.

    See your doctor.

    ALL WRONG ADVICE.

    Please understand the *gang* is a part of organized medicine
    who deny most all alternative.

    Jan

    <snip bad advice form David Wright, *gang* member.

  17. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Please help with starting raw vegan diet
    From: Eric Bohlman [email hidden]
    Date: 6/5/2004 2:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    [email hidden] (Ann) wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I've been vegan as in no food or toiletries or anything
    with any animal products for about five years, but, it
    hasn't been for health reasons and I haven't been the
    healthiest eater -- my diet includes lots of carbs,
    bready things, potatoes, pasta, sugary things. I was
    recently told to switch to an all raw fruit and veggie
    diet to treat an acne problem that I've had for a long
    time. It sounds promising, and I'm hoping that it will
    help with a lot of other health problems too, but I want
    to do it right, not have to worry about adding *more*
    problems and getting frustrated thinking it's not helping
    because I'm bumbling it. Exactly what fruits and veggies
    and how many? Where should I get them, supermarket or
    health food store? Should they be organic? How should I
    wash them, eg I read about soaking non-pealables for 15
    min. in a sink full of water mixed with a little
    peroxide.

    You might want to take a look at Tom Billings' site,
    beyondveg.combeyondveg.com, for a discussion of some of the
    pitfalls of raw vegan, particularly fruitarian, diets
    (Billings is a vegetarian who used to be a raw vegan).

    Or you might want to take a look at this.

    hacres.comhacres.com

    Jan

  18. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Please help with starting raw vegan diet
    From: "Rubystars" [email hidden]
    Date: 6/6/2004 12:37 AM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    As predicted let the grilling begin.

    Quoted message said:

    Ask a doctor (a mainstream one) what to do about improving
    your health

    Quoted message said:

    Then stay far far away from "Alternative" practitioners.

    Quoted message said:

    Ask a doctor, a REAL doctor who went to medical school.

    Don't bother.

    Jan

  19. (Jan) said:

    ALL WRONG ADVICE.

    Please understand the *gang* is a part of organized
    medicine who deny most all alternative.

    Says the notorious liar and forger Jan Drew...

    Jan Drew, who seeds hatred.

    Jan Drew, who KNOWINGLY spreads false information. False
    information which can lead to the death of your children...

    geocities.comQuackery.html

    Be warned : To fall for the lies of Jan Drew can be a
    terrible risk for the life of you and your children.

    Regards,

    Aribert Deckers
    --
    Aktion "Hilfe für Florian und andere"
    Gemeinsam gegen Leukämie

    kinderkrebshilfe-kinderkrebshilfe-
    ophoven.de/docs/typisfly2004.htm

  20. (Jan) said:

    Or you might want to take a look at this.

    wwwwww.

    No! Better look here :

    geocities.comQuackery.html

    Be warned : To fall for the lies of Jan Drew can be a
    terrible risk for the life of you and your children.

    Regards,

    Aribert Deckers
    --
    Aktion "Hilfe für Florian und andere"
    Gemeinsam gegen Leukämie

    kinderkrebshilfe-kinderkrebshilfe-
    ophoven.de/docs/typisfly2004.htm

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.