plodding happily along

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Krys, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Krys

    Krys Guest

    hi folks,

    well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I never say "only" - it's ALL
    good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've lost another 1lb - which
    is wonderful. I'm now less than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone - a
    landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.

    In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    analyze Everything!)

    Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going to Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less
    damage this time.......but I do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin*
    Anyway, this time would just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I
    was in before.

    Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    signs of looking up a little.........

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    Tags:

  2. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Congrats on both losses. And returning to pre-xmas weights.

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:38:51 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >hi folks,
    >
    >well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I never say "only" - it's ALL
    >good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've lost another 1lb - which
    >is wonderful. I'm now less than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    >a landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    >In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    >time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    >analyze Everything!)
    >
    >Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    >Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going to Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little
    >less damage this time.......but I do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power!
    >*grin* Anyway, this time would just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward
    >trend I was in before.
    >
    >Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    >signs of looking up a little.........

  3. Weigh to go, Krys! Congratulations on getting another pound off!! Have fun this weekend! Elaine K

    krys wrote:

    >hi folks,
    >
    >well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I never say "only" - it's ALL
    >good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've lost another 1lb - which
    >is wonderful. I'm now less than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    >a landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    >In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    >time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    >analyze Everything!)
    >
    >Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    >Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going to Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little
    >less damage this time.......but I do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power!
    >*grin* Anyway, this time would just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward
    >trend I was in before.
    >
    >Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    >signs of looking up a little.........

  4. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    krys wrote:

    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I never say "only" - it's ALL
    > good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've lost another 1lb - which
    > is wonderful. I'm now less than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > a landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > analyze Everything!)
    >
    > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going to Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little
    > less damage this time.......but I do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power!
    > *grin* Anyway, this time would just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the
    > upward trend I was in before.
    >
    > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > signs of looking up a little.........
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    Got fingers and toes crossed for you all over the place! The positive attitude is good.

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  5. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Great to read such a happy post, krys! Congrats on the loss! And have fun in Amsterdam, how I love
    that city!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.103/212 lbs "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    never
    > say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've
    > lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    less
    > than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > analyze Everything!)
    >
    > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going
    > Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this time.......but
    > do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would just
    > be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I was in before.
    >
    > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > signs of looking up a little.........
    >

    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  6. Petal

    Petal Guest

    Excellent, congrats! I would love to be in the "single digit stone range".
    :)

    On a similar note, it always bugged me that Bridget Jones's weight was always around 9-9 1/2 stone
    and she is supposed to be overweight/struggling with her weight. Add to that the fact that Renee
    Zellweger had to put on 2 stone to play her, and that just makes me think that we have a very skewed
    perception about what's overweight!

    I will cartwheel through the neighbourhood naked if I make it below 10 stone! (but only in
    summer months)

    Cheers, Petal

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    never
    > say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've
    > lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    less
    > than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > analyze Everything!)
    >
    > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going
    > Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this time.......but
    > do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would just
    > be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I was in before.
    >
    > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > signs of looking up a little.........
    >

    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  7. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Way to go Krys, 2 losses in a row is fantastic! And to get back to pre-holiday weight is wonderful.
    Now don't let that Amsterdam trip get the best of you. Have a great trip, enjoy - but get right back
    into things when you get home.

    I am glad to hear things may be looking up a little on the home front. Hope it continues to do so
    and all problems will be quickly rectified. In the meantime ... as we say around here ...
    forgedaboudit ... go on your trip and have a fantastic time!

    Joyce

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:38:51 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >hi folks,
    >
    >well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I never say "only" - it's ALL
    >good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've lost another 1lb - which
    >is wonderful. I'm now less than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    >a landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    >In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    >time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    >analyze Everything!)
    >
    >Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    >Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going to Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little
    >less damage this time.......but I do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power!
    >*grin* Anyway, this time would just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward
    >trend I was in before.
    >
    >Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    >signs of looking up a little.........

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Great you lost 1.4!! I'm glad you have gotten back to a point you were at before you started
    gradually gaining.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

    krys wrote:
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I never say "only" - it's ALL
    > good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've lost another 1lb - which
    > is wonderful. I'm now less than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > a landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > analyze Everything!)
    >
    > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going to Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little
    > less damage this time.......but I do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power!
    > *grin* Anyway, this time would just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the
    > upward trend I was in before.
    >
    > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > signs of looking up a little.........

  9. Congratulations on the losses. Glad that the other problems are improving.

    Brenda

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    never
    > say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've
    > lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    less
    > than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > analyze Everything!)
    >
    > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going
    > Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this time.......but
    > do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would just
    > be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I was in before.
    >
    > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > signs of looking up a little.........
    >

    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  10. Finally getting around to catching up with the newsgroup. I've been exercising in the evenings
    instead of hanging around here.

    Anyway, GREAT job on this week's reduction and reaching that 9.5 stone landmark. I'm glad to hear
    there's some sign of stress alleviation coming soon.

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:38:51 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >hi folks,
    >
    >well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I never say "only" - it's ALL
    >good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've lost another 1lb - which
    >is wonderful. I'm now less than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    >a landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    >In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    >time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    >analyze Everything!)
    >
    >Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    >Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going to Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little
    >less damage this time.......but I do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power!
    >*grin* Anyway, this time would just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward
    >trend I was in before.
    >
    >Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    >signs of looking up a little.........

    Prairie Roots
    232/163.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  11. have a nice trip and may the power be with you, Lee
    krys <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    never
    > say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've
    > lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    less
    > than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > analyze Everything!)
    >
    > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going
    > Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this time.......but
    > do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would just
    > be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I was in before.
    >
    > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > signs of looking up a little.........
    >

    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  12. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    haha krys! Congrats on your loss this week AND last week, and have FUN in Amsterdam!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    never
    > say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've
    > lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    less
    > than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >
    > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > analyze Everything!)
    >
    > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going
    > Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this time.......but
    > do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would just
    > be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I was in before.
    >
    > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > signs of looking up a little.........
    >

    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  13. Krys

    Krys Guest

    thanks Fred. Sorry you didn't have such a great week yourself.....I know
    you're still below, but that doesn't stop a gain bugging ya does it ? :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    > Congrats on both losses. And returning to pre-xmas weights.
    >
    > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:38:51 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >hi folks,
    > >
    > >well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    never
    > >say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've
    > >lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    less
    > >than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > >landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    > >
    > >In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > >time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > >analyze Everything!)
    > >
    > >Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > >Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going
    > >Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this
    time.......but I
    > >do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would
    > >just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I was in before.
    > >
    > >Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > >signs of looking up a little.........

  14. Krys

    Krys Guest

    oh i intend to! *grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Weigh to go, Krys! Congratulations on getting another pound off!! Have fun this weekend! Elaine K
    >
    > krys wrote:
    >
    > >hi folks,
    > >
    > >well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    never
    > >say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've
    > >lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    less
    > >than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    > >landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    > >
    > >In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    > >time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    > >analyze Everything!)
    > >
    > >Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > >Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going
    > >Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this
    time.......but I
    > >do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would
    > >just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I was in before.
    > >
    > >Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    > >signs of looking up a little.........

  15. Krys

    Krys Guest

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > krys wrote:
    > >
    > > hi folks,
    > >
    > > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    never
    > > say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you
    guys.......
    > > This week however I've lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    less
    > > than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2
    stone - a
    > > landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    > >
    > > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well -
    > > long time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see
    > > and analyze Everything!)
    > >
    > > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're
    going to
    > > Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this
    time.......but I
    > > do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would
    > > just be a blip on the downwards path, rather
    than
    > > part of the upward trend I was in before.
    > >
    > > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are
    > > showing signs of looking up a little.........
    > >
    > > --
    > > krys
    > >
    > > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...
    >
    > Got fingers and toes crossed for you all over the place! The positive attitude is good.
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

    Thanks Kate! I swear, in 200 years, when archaelogists dig me up and analyse my bones, they'll be
    able to tell that the fingers on my RH (little & 4th) were permanently crossed *grin*

    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  16. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Thanks Natalie! I love it there too. Not as much as Bruges mind, but
    Amsterdam is kinda like Bruges, is also cheap to get to, but unlike Bruges -
    it's still cheap once you're there! It's a celebratory trip for hubby's
    birthday - so I need the spending money to go as far as possible :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Great to read such a happy post, krys! Congrats on the loss! And have fun
    in
    > Amsterdam, how I love that city!
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/226.9/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/102.9/96 Kg
    > 232/226.9/212 lbs "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > hi folks,
    > >
    > > well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    > never
    > > say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you
    guys.......
    > > This week however I've lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    > less
    > > than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2
    stone -
    > > landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    > >
    > > In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well -
    > > long time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see
    > > and analyze Everything!)
    > >
    > > Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    > > Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're
    going
    > > Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this
    time.......but
    > > do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would
    > > just be a blip on the downwards path, rather
    than
    > > part of the upward trend I was in before.
    > >
    > > Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are
    > > showing signs of looking up a little.........
    > >

    > > --
    > > krys
    > >
    > > UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  17. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Thanks Petal :)

    yep - the bridget jones thing is balmy if you ask me..........I'm within my healthy BMI - so that
    could hardly be called overweight could it? - but then the media is a funny thing........

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Petal" <[email protected]#NoSpam#yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Excellent, congrats! I would love to be in the "single digit stone range".
    > :)
    >
    > On a similar note, it always bugged me that Bridget Jones's weight was always around 9-9 1/2 stone
    > and she is supposed to be
    overweight/struggling
    > with her weight. Add to that the fact that Renee Zellweger had to put on 2 stone to play her, and
    > that just makes me think that we have a very skewed perception about what's overweight!
    >
    > I will cartwheel through the neighbourhood naked if I make it below 10 stone! (but only in
    > summer months)
    >
    > Cheers, Petal

  18. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Fingers crossed that you make it - please have video ready! (G)

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:36:18 -0000, "Petal" <[email protected]#NoSpam#yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Excellent, congrats! I would love to be in the "single digit stone range".
    >:)
    >
    >On a similar note, it always bugged me that Bridget Jones's weight was always around 9-9 1/2 stone
    >and she is supposed to be overweight/struggling with her weight. Add to that the fact that Renee
    >Zellweger had to put on 2 stone to play her, and that just makes me think that we have a very
    >skewed perception about what's overweight!
    >
    >I will cartwheel through the neighbourhood naked if I make it below 10 stone! (but only in
    >summer months)
    >
    >Cheers, Petal
    >

    >"krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> hi folks,
    >>
    >> well, here be we - another week flashed by. Last week I lost 0.4. I
    >never
    >> say "only" - it's ALL good! *grin*. Still, I didn't tell you guys....... This week however I've
    >> lost another 1lb - which is wonderful. I'm now
    >less
    >> than I was before Christmas. Phew! I now weight less than 9 1/2 stone -
    >> landmark thing UK peeps will appreciate - and that feels darned good.
    >>
    >> In fact it's 36 weeks since I was this weight (back when I was gradually gaining). Ah well - long
    >> time to put it on, long time to take it off :) (You gotta love spreadsheets - you can see and
    >> analyze Everything!)
    >>
    >> Odd coincidence though - 36 weeks ago I had just lost a couple of pounds gained when we went to
    >> Amsterdam for a weekend. This weekend we're going
    >> Amsterdam too! - I'm hoping to do a little less damage this time.......but
    >> do know I can deal with a gain if I get one, I have the power! *grin* Anyway, this time would
    >> just be a blip on the downwards path, rather than part of the upward trend I was in before.
    >>
    >> Meanwhile the background stresses to life continue.......but *fingers crossed* things are showing
    >> signs of looking up a little.........
    >>

    >> --
    >> krys
    >>
    >> UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  19. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Thanks Joyce.

    Well, Amsterdam was fab - though the scales may not agree....... I had a heap of AP, walked a great
    deal, and came in roughly on target over the trip so...... I probably cut it finer than most weeks,
    which will no doubt show up at WI - but I didn't blow it, and I'm back to the grindstone now :)

    It was really nice to have a bit of a break from the home issues - hope to have them sorted
    too soon :)

    --

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Way to go Krys, 2 losses in a row is fantastic! And to get back to
    pre-holiday
    > weight is wonderful. Now don't let that Amsterdam trip get the best of
    you. Have
    > a great trip, enjoy - but get right back into things when you get home.
    >
    > I am glad to hear things may be looking up a little on the home front.
    Hope it
    > continues to do so and all problems will be quickly rectified. In the
    meantime
    > ... as we say around here ... forgedaboudit ... go on your trip and have a fantastic time!
    >
    > Joyce

  20. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Thanks Connie :) Sure hope I can continue the trend over the next few weeks.........