Polar CS200

Hey everyone. I just installed a Polar CS200 on my bike and the head
is not recieving any information. It is displaying zero's and the
time properly but it does not show any speed, cadence or heartrate. I
have tried to hold the computer near each sensor but this does not
help. Each sensor/magnet is as close as they can be without touching.
Is there something I am missing here? Is there a "ready set work"
button that I need to push?

On Apr 21, 12:56 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Hey everyone. I just installed a Polar CS200 on my bike and the head
> is not recieving any information. It is displaying zero's and the
> time properly but it does not show any speed, cadence or heartrate. I
> have tried to hold the computer near each sensor but this does not
> help. Each sensor/magnet is as close as they can be without touching.
> Is there something I am missing here? Is there a "ready set work"
> button that I need to push?

I have not use any of the Polar CS** models but I have used each of
the S-7** and its ancestors. What you need to know (among other
things) is that the Polar sensors are not compatible with one another.
I don't know if the CS200 comes with sensor or if you had to buy them
separately but if so, make sure you have the correct model of
accessories. The product model names will specify, but if you or the
person who helped you assumed they were all the same, it would explain
what you have happening.

Assuming you have the correct sensors, check to see if the senor is
picking up the magnet. Remember with wireless devices you have to
check 2 (logical) circuits, the magnet and sensor and then the sensor
to the CS200. So check those and then check that you have the feature
set on the CS200. I don't know abuot the CS200. but every Polar I have
used allows turning off features to increase memory (available for the
features it is recording).

It has to be one of the above. Check the magnet and sensor, ckeck the
correct model and then check to make sure the feature is enabled.
There is also another way to have ut disabled, by toggling between
"bike mode" and some other mode that turns off most features but that
seems as though it would not apply to the CS models, although if the
CS200 is a watch like the CS300 (IIRC) then it might have that option.
Heck, I guess it is possible for any of them but that is just a last
think I could think of. You can email me directly if you think I can
help further.

Good luck.