Polar HRM problems (S720i)...anyone else having this problem?

Orange Fish

Dec 2, 2004
I just bought a brand new Polar S720i heart rate monitor and everything seemed to work fine for the first few months (it's only about 3 months old), but now on the interval setting and on the basic setting, but especially during intervals, the watch just stops counting down and I have to keep pressing the red start button to get the countdown timer going again :mad:. It's the most frustrating thing in the world!

Has anyone else experienced this problem with their Polar HRM?
Thanks! :)

Orange Fish said:
I just bought a brand new Polar S720i heart rate monitor and everything seemed to work fine for the first few months (it's only about 3 months old), but now on the interval setting and on the basic setting, but especially during intervals, the watch just stops counting down and I have to keep pressing the red start button to get the countdown timer going again :mad:. It's the most frustrating thing in the world!

Has anyone else experienced this problem with their Polar HRM?
Thanks! :)

You can call Polar customer support @ www.polarusa.com

Hmmm...I have a 725i and have had mine do the same thing a time or two. The cause for mine was that the red button had stuck when I pressed it down to record a lap at the end of the interval.

Polar's customer service is pretty good. Your best bet is probably just to call them. ;)