PowerTap SL multiple rides download?

Under Dog

Nov 22, 2005
How do you download multiple rides from PowerTap SL? I set up the software that came with the PowerTap. When I download I can only get the last ride. And it asks me for the date???? Do multiple rides exist in the memory of the unit? Have I deleted them when I clear data for a new ride? If so, how do you clear data for a new ride yet preserve previous ride? You don't have to download after every ride do you? Is the software provided LinkLite and doesn't have the capability to do multiple rides? Will CylclingPeaks software let me download multiple rides? Will it ask for dates?
thanks

Under Dog said:
How do you download multiple rides from PowerTap SL? I set up the software that came with the PowerTap. When I download I can only get the last ride. And it asks me for the date???? Do multiple rides exist in the memory of the unit? Have I deleted them when I clear data for a new ride? If so, how do you clear data for a new ride yet preserve previous ride? You don't have to download after every ride do you? Is the software provided LinkLite and doesn't have the capability to do multiple rides? Will CylclingPeaks software let me download multiple rides? Will it ask for dates?
thanks
In no particular order:
  • Yes, you have to specify the ride date, even in Cycling Peaks.
  • Yes, it supports multiple rides.
  • Clearing the unit clears *all* the data.
  • Downloading the unit downloads *all* data. If rides occurred on different days, then they'll show up as multiple rides and you can specify the date for each. If rides occured on the the same date then they all merge together, with gaps in the data.
  • No you don't *have* to download after every ride, but the unit's data management is poor, so you may *want* to download after every ride. Don't clear the unit at the start of subsequent rides, use the interval function instead to keep time, dist., etc.

And depending upon your data capture settings, you may run out of room if you hold too many rides without downloading them.

frenchyge said:
In no particular order:
  • Yes, you have to specify the ride date, even in Cycling Peaks.
If you have the date/time set correctly in your powertap cpu and you double click the ride after downloading the data to Cycling Peaks, it will automatically put the ride on the correct date in the calendar. You do not have to specify the ride date.

bcarroll said:
If you have the date/time set correctly in your powertap cpu and you double click the ride after downloading the data to Cycling Peaks, it will automatically put the ride on the correct date in the calendar. You do not have to specify the ride date.
Good to know, thanks. The ride does come up in a separate "Where do you want to put me?" window, rather than just going to the date recorded on the file. That seemed analogous to what he described from the Link software, but you're right that you don't have to actually type in the date.