Proper blood flow

Hi, all.

I just started commuting on my bike (well, biking to the commuter train
and then biking to work from the train).

I really enjoy biking, but am concern about proper blood flow to my
genitals. The biking does hurt my ass right near my balls. Should I
buy a pair of shorts with padding in the crotch? Does anyone have any
suggestion as to brand? What about bicycle seats? Will an expensive
seat help? Any suggestions as to which seat?

Thanks for any suggestions.

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I just started commuting on my bike (well, biking to the commuter
> train and then biking to work from the train).
>
> I really enjoy biking, but am concern about proper blood flow to my
> genitals. The biking does hurt my ass right near my balls. Should I
> buy a pair of shorts with padding in the crotch? Does anyone have any
> suggestion as to brand? What about bicycle seats? Will an expensive
> seat help? Any suggestions as to which seat?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Take a cab.

Sorni (smells a troll)

Bill Sornson wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > I just started commuting on my bike (well, biking to the commuter
> > train and then biking to work from the train).
> >
> > I really enjoy biking, but am concern about proper blood flow to my
> > genitals. The biking does hurt my ass right near my balls. Should I
> > buy a pair of shorts with padding in the crotch? Does anyone have any
> > suggestion as to brand? What about bicycle seats? Will an expensive
> > seat help? Any suggestions as to which seat?
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions.

> Take a cab.
>
> Sorni (smells a troll)

I thought you were going to suggest he sit on his balls to alleviate
the ass pain.

An expensive seat will not help if it is not the right shape, or is too
narrow or hard for your butt.

My suggestion for for folks whose "ass near their balls" hurts is a
Selle Italia FLX Gel Flow:

http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/292-19470

Nice shape, deep, squishy but supportive padding, and a center cut-out
to reduce pressure where it counts.

Joseph

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> Hi, all.
>>>
>>> I just started commuting on my bike (well, biking to the commuter
>>> train and then biking to work from the train).
>>>
>>> I really enjoy biking, but am concern about proper blood flow to my
>>> genitals. The biking does hurt my ass right near my balls. Should
>>> I buy a pair of shorts with padding in the crotch? Does anyone
>>> have any suggestion as to brand? What about bicycle seats? Will
>>> an expensive seat help? Any suggestions as to which seat?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any suggestions.

>> Take a cab.
>>
>> Sorni (smells a troll)

> I thought you were going to suggest he sit on his balls to alleviate
> the ass pain.
>
> An expensive seat will not help if it is not the right shape, or is
> too narrow or hard for your butt.
>
> My suggestion for for folks whose "ass near their balls" hurts is a
> Selle Italia FLX Gel Flow:
>
> http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/292-19470
>
> Nice shape, deep, squishy but supportive padding, and a center cut-out
> to reduce pressure where it counts.

500 grams? I'd have to remove at least /one/ ball to compensate for the
weight!

:-D

> I really enjoy biking, but am concern about proper blood flow to my
> genitals. The biking does hurt my ass right near my balls. Should I
> buy a pair of shorts with padding in the crotch? Does anyone have any
> suggestion as to brand? What about bicycle seats? Will an expensive
> seat help? Any suggestions as to which seat?

Spandex shorts with a chamois will greatly improve your comfort. If you
are embarrassed wearing spandex, you can put on a pair of regular shorts
over the cycling shorts. There are many good brands of cycling shorts,
and you might check out your local bike shop.

The most expensive seats are for racers. You'd probably dislike a racing
saddle. Just find one with a bit of cushioning and avoid gimmicky ones.
Selle Italia is a good saddle company.

--
*Help Animals, the Earth and Your Health! *
*Find out how:* www.VeganStarterPack.com <http://www.veganstarterpack.com/>

Thanks to those who replied seriously. I'll look into getting a nicer
seat and maybe a pair of padded shorts.

And to: landotter

> grow a perinium

If I were to grow a perineum large enough to shield the area that
hurts, it would be the size of a tennis ball. I think I'll pass.

Kramer wrote:
> Thanks to those who replied seriously. I'll look into getting a nicer
> seat and maybe a pair of padded shorts.
>
> And to: landotter
>
> > grow a perinium

> If I were to grow a perineum large enough to shield the area that
> hurts, it would be the size of a tennis ball. I think I'll pass.

What are the three pieces of equipment that are always skimped on in
"production" bikes:

Seat
Pedals
Handlebar tape

What are the only three parts of the bike that make contact with you?

What is the average distance a production bike is ridden by its first
owner?
Answer: the length of the driveway.

Welcome to bicycling and have a great day :)

Kramer wrote:
> Thanks to those who replied seriously. I'll look into getting a nicer
> seat and maybe a pair of padded shorts.

Padded shorts make a bit of a difference, but if the seat is too hard
or not a suitable shape for you it won't make much difference. Some
cheap seats have soft padding that squishes down to nothing with any
weight at all, leaving all your weight on the hard shell of the seat.
Racing seats are the hard shell without the pretense of any significant
padding. These can take some getting used to, but are often quite
comfortable. If you get a seat that is heavily padded, make sure the
padding actually can support your weight and doesn't just squish down
to nothing. You can also try a gel seat cover.

I was teasing Bill about his reply with the sitting on the balls crack,
but I meant it when I suggested the Selle Italia FLX. I use one on my
commuter bike.

Also make sure you are seated properly. If you are leaning forward, use
your lower back to do it, not your hips. Your weight is supposed to be
on the butt-bones in each butt cheek, not on your crotch.

Joseph

Zoot Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:45:07 GMT, "Bill Sornson"
> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Sorni (smells a troll)

> Bathe.

Admittedly my schnozz is no match for that grotesque, humongous proboscis
around which you navigate, Snoot, but it still works pretty well.

Thanks for your concern <eg>

BS (well, yeah)