Proper Terminology

hawaiianrider

Dec 26, 2005
In the endeavor to learn more about my new sport of road cycling, I would find it of great assistance if the proper terminology for all of the parts and processes associated with my Trek 1000 were logically and comprehensively formatted so as to be read and understood with ease. The owner's manual accomplishes some of this objective, yet some of the elementary labeling of bike components (e.g. what do you call the two different types of hand shifters, i.e. thumb and lever?) is left unstated. Does anyone know of or possess the resources to improve and expand my cycling vocabulary?

hawaiianrider said:
In the endeavor to learn more about my new sport of road cycling, I would find it of great assistance if the proper terminology for all of the parts and processes associated with my Trek 1000 were logically and comprehensively formatted so as to be read and understood with ease. The owner's manual accomplishes some of this objective, yet some of the elementary labeling of bike components (e.g. what do you call the two different types of hand shifters, i.e. thumb and lever?) is left unstated. Does anyone know of or possess the resources to improve and expand my cycling vocabulary?

do a web search under bicycle terminology I have found several websites that were very helpful