Question about indoor hill training

Graham_DNF

Jul 31, 2005
Hey everyone,

I have been doing some training indoors this year and I am curious to know more about the risers. I have a cycle-ops riser that allows for three different positions (level, slight incline and slightly more incline). You can also stack these (so I could buy another one and put the two together - for even greater inclines). My question is, are there really benefits to putting the bike on the incline while doing hill training indoors?

Thanks

Graham

Graham_DNF said:
Hey everyone,

I have been doing some training indoors this year and I am curious to know more about the risers. I have a cycle-ops riser that allows for three different positions (level, slight incline and slightly more incline). You can also stack these (so I could buy another one and put the two together - for even greater inclines). My question is, are there really benefits to putting the bike on the incline while doing hill training indoors?

Thanks

Graham
Nah - not unless you can find a really long treadmill :)

Graham_DNF said:
My question is, are there really benefits to putting the bike on the incline while doing hill training indoors?
No, but if it's more comfortable or you simply wish to try it, then phone books work just as well.

Check past discussions. Risers are pretty meaningless as you have no physical changes in your elevation, so there's no work being done in the vertical axis. Just stay flat and push a bigger gear and resistance.