? Question on 2006 TRUVATIV Rouleur Crankset?

Bigbananabike

Dec 29, 2004
Hi.
I've just got one from a guy on ebay. It's not partiularly light and the chainrings are really shiny - it looks(I know, hardly likely) like the chainrings are made of steel. The set up is new.
What are they made of?
Thanks. :)

Bigbananabike said:
Hi.
I've just got one from a guy on ebay. It's not partiularly light and the chainrings are really shiny - it looks(I know, hardly likely) like the chainrings are made of steel. The set up is new.
What are they made of?
If you wonder whether the rings/frame/component are steel, then put a magnet against it.

I'd assume they are aluminium. Something that high end is usually never steel. But, saying that, that crank is identical to bontrager race x lite crank or race whatever lite crank. And the new rouleur is, I think, the same as SRAM Force's crank (same company, so it is likely)

bobbyOCR said:
I'd assume they are aluminium. Something that high end is usually never steel. But, saying that, that crank is identical to bontrager race x lite crank or race whatever lite crank. And the new rouleur is, I think, the same as SRAM Force's crank (same company, so it is likely)
The shiny Truvativ roleur crank is not high end. Mid-priced bikes are usually spec'd with this triple model (no longer in production). There's the rouleur 2:2 team model which is 3 notches higher than the ordinary rouleur. The 2:2 team is 7050 alu spider with 7075-t6 chainrings.

The shiny Truvative Rouleur has been replaced by the Touro 3.0 which is made of 6061-T6 spider and steel chainrings they call 'tech silver' finsih.

alfeng said:
If you wonder whether the rings/frame/component are steel, then put a magnet against it.
===========================================================
Dang I should've thought of that:) Thanks.

bobbyOCR said:
===========================================================
Thanks for the good info. :)

hd reynolds said:
The shiny Truvativ roleur crank is not high end. Mid-priced bikes are usually spec'd with this triple model (no longer in production). There's the rouleur 2:2 team model which is 3 notches higher than the ordinary rouleur. The 2:2 team is 7050 alu spider with 7075-t6 chainrings.

The shiny Truvative Rouleur has been replaced by the Touro 3.0 which is made of 6061-T6 spider and steel chainrings they call 'tech silver' finsih.
============================================================
Thanks for the good info. :)

hd reynolds said:

Oh, I thought he meant the truvativ rouleur carbon GXP model, which is specced on the dura-ace Norco. my mistake.