cline said:
Correction:Not only have I made a practice of riding at about that distance
during years of commuting and other road cycling, I just passed three
bicyclists on the road and all of them were well outside of the line
painted on the road. That line was approximately 1/2 meter from the
edge of the pavement (i.e. they were about 1/3 meter from the edge).
Exactly - so your experiences are not rele#vant to teh research.
1/3 metre from teh kerb puts you pretty much exactly on the line in
the jurisdiction to which the research applies.
Riding along teh thermoplastic surface is dangerous.
With respect to your other point, no, hopping every grating and any
debris is not a safe way to ride in traffic. I doubt you can find any
official publication that recommends hopping obstacles as the
recommended technique when riding on the road.
regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
|/ \|