Race compositions

bubba 02

Jan 15, 2007
Hey Guys , Im have a problem Laying down a descent basic Summer race composition .. Can I get some Ideas from some of you guys.. Still Trying to build my fpt also vo2, but coming in gassed for spring traing races, leggs allways sore, Im probably doing to much -Insite ???

bubba 02 said:
leggs allways sore, Im probably doing to much
Yes, if your legs are always sore, you are probably doing too much. You may not be allowing yourself some recovery days as well.

You don't need to make every ride a death march to get really fit.Try cutting back on your regular volume a bit (you get to decide how much) and intensity (again, dealer's choice). See what happens. It's counter-intuitive that you have to "go slower to go faster" (in the long run) but the alternative is what you've got now: sore legs and poor ride quality from being tired all the time. Your body can only take so much stress before it starts to fight you. That's what you are seeing.

Plan on including at least two, maybe three in extreme circumstances, recovery days per week. A recovery day means either no ride or a very light ride, no real pressure on the pedals, go slow - slow- slow and keep it to say not more than 60-90 minutes, preferably 30-60. Spread out the recovery days so that they aren't clumped together. I do mine on Mondays and most often on Thursdays too.

Good luck.