Raleigh reaches end of assembly road

Alnamvet> Sorry but you do not know what you're talking about.

SA is a great country. Didn't you see the MASSIVE Aids concert that was held in Cape Town? Everyone was there including Oprah (watch the show next to Nelson Mandela), Anastasia, Beyoncé, Bono etc. Nobody is denying anything.

The land reform is like Raleighoke said and everybody is happy, so far.

Here we get ALL the big brands in everything from Hot Wheels to Gucci. I ride a Cannondale and I can tell you it's one of the cheapest bikes (if you go spec and quality wise) in the country.

So next time you you've got something to say about SA, be sure of your facts. Stop watching CNN.

Originally posted by Mampara
Alnamvet> Sorry but you do not know what you're talking about.

SA is a great country. Didn't you see the MASSIVE Aids concert that was held in Cape Town? Everyone was there including Oprah (watch the show next to Nelson Mandela), Anastasia, Beyoncé, Bono etc. Nobody is denying anything.

The land reform is like Raleighoke said and everybody is happy, so far.

Here we get ALL the big brands in everything from Hot Wheels to Gucci. I ride a Cannondale and I can tell you it's one of the cheapest bikes (if you go spec and quality wise) in the country.

So next time you you've got something to say about SA, be sure of your facts. Stop watching CNN.

Beg to differ Mapary...the recent concert does not make up for the decades of neglect/denial...as for watching CNN...I did the real thing...spent a year in SA on a medical mission...I know what I saw, and I know how the people feel about land reform...none of it was good.:rolleyes:

I thought Raleigh had closed out UK manufacturing when Raleigh USA started up. I have two of them: a 1975 Gran Sport, which I use on the indoor trainer now, and a 1992 RT 600. The Gran Sport has the Carlton decal, while the RT600 was made by Raleigh USA in Seattle.

Dan

I have a 2003 Raleigh Prestige waiting for me at home still in the box. It show that they do make high-end stuff. The 2003 model has almost all DuraAce with the Ksyrium Elite wheels as the standard equipment. Add in the aluminum frame with the carbon seatstays / fork and you have a great value without paying for the circuit known name on the frame.

I was able to get the bike new for $1500 which is a great deal when you look at the total package of the bike. Don't know of anyother brands that offer that kind of deal.

Hey Alfaro where did you get the info on the Raleigh 753R frame ?? I have recently bought a frame that seems to fit the descriptions of the 753R frame. Decals identical. Frame number starts SB it is a 59cm it has a Cinelli bottom bracket and NERVEX lugs. I was told it was ridden by the team sprinter and I want to ttry and prove this .... any idea where I can get some more info ???

dicki55 said:
Hey Alfaro where did you get the info on the Raleigh 753R frame ?? I have recently bought a frame that seems to fit the descriptions of the 753R frame. Decals identical. Frame number starts SB it is a 59cm it has a Cinelli bottom bracket and NERVEX lugs. I was told it was ridden by the team sprinter and I want to ttry and prove this .... any idea where I can get some more info ???

Hey dicki - Alfaro made a total of two posts in cyclingforums.com, on the same day almost three years ago. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an answer.