Re: Armstrong, nobody cares.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jonathan v.d. Sluis, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. "D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > Hell, if Armstrong came forward and said "I doped in '99" the general
    > population would probably like him even MORE.

    I would; we already know he doped and it would be nice if he was honest
    about it. But I suppose he can't do that.

    Tags:

  2. Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
    > "D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Hell, if Armstrong came forward and said "I doped in '99" the general
    > > population would probably like him even MORE.

    > I would; we already know he doped and it would be nice if he was honest
    > about it. But I suppose he can't do that.

    Dumbass -

    What percentage of bike racers are honest about their doping?

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  3. gym.gravity

    gym.gravity Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
    > > "D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > Hell, if Armstrong came forward and said "I doped in '99" the general
    > > > population would probably like him even MORE.

    > > I would; we already know he doped and it would be nice if he was honest
    > > about it. But I suppose he can't do that.

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > What percentage of bike racers are honest about their doping?

    0.5%

    here's one of them:
    http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=7186

  4. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > What percentage of bike racers are honest about their doping?

    Everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey.

  5. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]

    > Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
    > > "D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > Hell, if Armstrong came forward and said "I doped in '99" the general
    > > > population would probably like him even MORE.

    > > I would; we already know he doped and it would be nice if he was honest
    > > about it. But I suppose he can't do that.

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > What percentage of bike racers are honest about their doping?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > K. Gringioni.

    Well, there was Lotz, Meirhaeghe, Van Dooren, Berden, Millar ofcourse, but
    also Manzano and Simeoni. I'm not really into judging characters, but I
    always respect it if they're at least able to just say what they did.

    But denial is usually the best option. If Lotz had firmly denied, he would
    still be riding.

  6. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
    > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
    >>
    >>>"D. Ferguson" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>I would; we already know he doped and it would be nice if he was honest
    >>>about it. But I suppose he can't do that.

    >>Dumbass -
    >>
    >>What percentage of bike racers are honest about their doping?
    >>
    >>thanks,
    >>
    >>K. Gringioni.

    > Well, there was Lotz, Meirhaeghe, Van Dooren, Berden, Millar ofcourse, but
    > also Manzano and Simeoni. I'm not really into judging characters, but I
    > always respect it if they're at least able to just say what they did.
    >
    > But denial is usually the best option. If Lotz had firmly denied, he would
    > still be riding.

    Also Armin Meier, Laurant Brochard and Christophe Moreau, Mentheour,
    Alex Zülle...

  7. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:23:19 +0200, Kyle Legate <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Also Armin Meier, Laurant Brochard and Christophe Moreau, Mentheour,
    >Alex Zülle...

    Just don't say Pantani or I'll break your face.

    He was clean as a whistle....

    ;-)

  8. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    D. Ferguson wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:23:19 +0200, Kyle Legate <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Also Armin Meier, Laurant Brochard and Christophe Moreau, Mentheour,
    >>Alex Zülle...

    > Just don't say Pantani or I'll break your face.
    >
    > He was clean as a whistle....

    "Keep that thing out of your mouth, you don't know where it's been."

    - My Mom

  9. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:23:20 -0700, Tim Lines <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >D. Ferguson wrote:
    >> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:23:19 +0200, Kyle Legate <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Also Armin Meier, Laurant Brochard and Christophe Moreau, Mentheour,
    >>>Alex Zülle...

    >> Just don't say Pantani or I'll break your face.
    >>
    >> He was clean as a whistle....
    >>

    >"Keep that thing out of your mouth, you don't know where it's been."
    >
    >- My Mom

    I told your mom that wasn't a whistle.....

  10. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    D. Ferguson wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:23:20 -0700, Tim Lines <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>D. Ferguson wrote:

    >>>Just don't say Pantani or I'll break your face.
    >>>
    >>>He was clean as a whistle....
    >>>

    >>"Keep that thing out of your mouth, you don't know where it's been."
    >>
    >>- My Mom

    > I told your mom that wasn't a whistle.....

    You're welcome for the set up.

  11. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:08:07 -0700, Tim Lines <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >D. Ferguson wrote:
    >> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:23:20 -0700, Tim Lines <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:

    >>>"Keep that thing out of your mouth, you don't know where it's been."
    >>>
    >>>- My Mom

    >> I told your mom that wasn't a whistle.....
    >>

    >You're welcome for the set up.

    Lol, I was just going to point out the set up instead of going for the
    joke but I knew you could take it. A few people on here,.... I'd now
    be afraid to go out of my house.

  12. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  13. On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:17:19 +0200, "Robert Chung"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
    >> I'm not really into judging characters, but I always respect it if
    >> they're at least able to just say what they did.

    >http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/sep05/sep23news2

    Yeah, it's bad he cheated and only came clean when caught, but his
    remarks are refreshing.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  14. gym.gravity

    gym.gravity Guest

    Robert Chung wrote:
    > Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
    > > I'm not really into judging characters, but I always respect it if
    > > they're at least able to just say what they did.

    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2005/sep05/sep23news2

    Todd Wells said he showed up at Mammoth in person to appologize
    individually to all the racers:

    "Shep came to the race in Mammoth to personally apologize to us each
    individually about taking EPO. He claims he only did it this 1 time and
    did it completely on his own via the internet with some place in
    Mexico. It thought it was pretty big of him to come to the race and
    appologive and explain himself in person. I still have a hard time
    believing he only did it one time but only he knows for sure. I hope he
    only did it once. I'm still pretty bummed about the whole thing."

    http://www.toddwells.net/