Re: Cycling routes in Manchester - Website

Hi Steph -
Yes would like an update.
I have noticed tipper trucks crossing Hyde road on the old railway, I wonder if that is anything to do with it?
They may be working at the Fairfield end, I will need to check this out.

Best bet to email me is via the email link on the website.

Thanks for your post and information.

JON

92jon <[email protected]> of cyclingforums.com
wrote:

>Hi Steph -
>Yes would like an update.
>I have noticed tipper trucks crossing Hyde road on the old railway, I
>wonder if that is anything to do with it?
>They may be working at the Fairfield end, I will need to check this
>out.
>
>Best bet to email me is via the email link on the website.

Sorry, I'm being dumb here, couldn't find an email link on the website. I
haven't been down the railway again yet; I'll be in touch when I get a
chance. I'm likely to have a reason to go down the Chorlton end fairly
soon.
--
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.
It's the zero adjustment on his bathroom scale.

Hi,

Apols there - I thought there was a contact email there.
Lucky in some way, as I cant remember the email password!!
I am planning to go and have a look after work tommorow (weather permitting).
I did see somebody on a bike running over the Hyde road bridge today.

Will let you know - and update the web if needed.

Thanks again

JON

Hi,
Yes they are working on the Fallowfield Loop from Station road Reddish to Debdale Park. The path is closed from Sation road to Debdale.
It looks like landscaping works is being undertaken behind the allotments in Debdale park, and it looks like they are completing the path to join up with the smaller one near Wright Robinson School.
Hopefully then the loop will nearly be completed as a path/cycle way.
There are also works on the Chorlton end, access etc.
I have took some pics and will post them on thw website this weekend.

Thanks
JON

Hi,
We have updated the website with pictures of Fallowfield loop showing where they are doing work.
It looks like they are undertaking landscaping works near Debdale Park.
There have also been some access changes near Chorlton.
Please take a look for further details.

Thanks
JON

Hi,
We have just updated the site with a new bike ride.
This time we have covered a route using the Canal network around South Manchester.
From Audenshaw we picked up the canal to Ashton, and then through Woodley, Romiley and Marple on the Peak Forest canal.
Check out this route on our website.

Enjoy your cycling.

Thanks
JON

Hi,
We have updated the website -
News - Updated.
Fallowfield Loop - Updated news
Stockport Branch canal route - new pictures.

Thanks
JON