rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Girlz that grind?

Started by Murde Mental · · Last activity · 45 posts · 758 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 December 2004
Last activity
30 December 2004
Original author
Murde Mental
Posts
45
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
758
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 45
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. While reading another thread in the RSU forum it has come to my
    attention that....we haven't heard from the girls in along
    while...where've you all gone?

    Also, how's that video coming along?

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I did this thing to my dog yesterday

    for strictly scientific purposes mind you

    I put a sock on her head

    and placed her near an open staircase

    I wanted to find out if dogs used echo-location to move around

    turns out they don't

    ~Me.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  2. Yeah, I was wondering that too. I've been waiting to see some footage to
    prove my theory that girls can't ride unicycles is incorrect.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  3. Cause they've got a gallery up...but nothing in it!!

    maybe..it's all part of a vast communist scheme!

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I did this thing to my dog yesterday

    for strictly scientific purposes mind you

    I put a sock on her head

    and placed her near an open staircase

    I wanted to find out if dogs used echo-location to move around

    turns out they don't

    ~Me.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  4. Murde Mental said:

    *Cause they've got a gallery up...but nothing in it!!

    maybe..it's all part of a vast communist scheme! *

    You know, I bet that's right. I've never actually seen a girl ride a
    unicycle, with my own eyes. I bet they can't really do it.
    They don't have the balls to ride a unicycle.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  5. There are girls riding the uni, even the muni!

    Some girls from Germany really kick ass! German's unicycling community's
    pretty good. I don't know if their girls can grind, but they do some
    awesome things (I can't do at least).

    http://tinyurl.com/3kama

    --
    wogri - I ride my bride

    http://www.wogri.at
    http://unicycling.wogri.at
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  6. No but I'm talking about the all female movie that was annouced some
    time in the past...just thought I'd dig it up.

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I did this thing to my dog yesterday

    for strictly scientific purposes mind you

    I put a sock on her head

    and placed her near an open staircase

    I wanted to find out if dogs used echo-location to move around

    turns out they don't

    ~Me.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  7. James_Potter said:

    *I've never actually seen a girl ride a unicycle, with my own eyes. I
    bet they can't really do it.*

    Sounds like you need to expand your horizons a bit...

    I've seen a number of really good female riders, who are good at
    freestyle, trials, muni, distance. The best all around rider in our
    local group is a girl. Our youngest rider (at age 7 I believe) is
    also.

    There are probably lots of theories why there are more males in this
    sport, but almost all the female riders I've met take it really
    seriously, and are really skilled as a result.

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  8. that would be a cool video.
    cuz so far the videos i've seen havn't had a lot of female riders in
    them.

    i'm all excited to learn trials stuff soon!
    i figured out how to ride the unicycle after like 6 months.
    and dagnabit, i definately crushed my balls in doing so!

    --
    lilfunky1 - Trials Wannabe Wishful Thinker

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
    dream!"
    ~Bart Simpson

    ~lilfunky1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997


  9. Quoted message said:

    definately crushed my balls in doing so!

    No babies for you then.

    --
    Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

    I did this thing to my dog yesterday

    for strictly scientific purposes mind you

    I put a sock on her head

    and placed her near an open staircase

    I wanted to find out if dogs used echo-location to move around

    turns out they don't

    ~Me.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  10. tomblackwood said:

    *Sounds like you need to expand your horizons a bit...
    *

    I've -tried-, and my sister and her friend have both said they were
    going to learn to ride but gave up after a day or two. Which just
    further increased my theory that girls cannot actually ride unicycles.

    Actually, I do know one girl who I'm going to teach how to ride this
    summer. But she's the only one I know of who actually wants to ride
    *and* wants to put in practice time to get there.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  11. James_Potter said:

    Actually, I do know one girl who I'm going to teach how to ride this
    summer. But she's the only one I know of who actually wants to ride
    *and* wants to put in practice time to get there. [/B]

    DUDE. i so tried all summer long! :P
    ask hungfromhooks if you don't believe me. he saw me sweat & suffer
    almost daily for my 6 months before having it all suddenly click and
    allow me to be mobile on my one wheel! heh. SIX MONTHS! heh. he was
    more shocked than i was when i actually rode around the gym we practice
    in!!

    *note to self. get video of self riding. just to prove james wrong!*

    --
    lilfunky1 - Trials Wannabe Wishful Thinker

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
    dream!"
    ~Bart Simpson

    ~lilfunky1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  12. lilfunky1 said:

    **note to self. get video of self riding. just to prove james wrong!*
    *

    Oh I've seen -videos- of girls riding. But I've also seen videos of- I
    dunno, people flying, or something. I've just never seen it with my own
    eyes.

    (in case no one knows, i'm still kidding)

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  13. hmmmmmmmmmmm.............. who's eyes were you using then?

    Andrew

    --
    KJ-52 - unicycle teacher

    grey jackets rock!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KJ-52's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5614
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  14. unipsycogirl broke her wrist. I think she was the one doing the video.
    Nick's girl friend is suposed to learn. She is getting a nimbus for
    christmas.

    --
    Tim - Jelly Bean Eater

    Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

    Jagur's my main man.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  15. James_Potter said:

    *Oh I've seen -videos- of girls riding. But I've also seen videos of-
    I dunno, people flying, or something. I've just never seen it with my
    own eyes.

    (in case no one knows, i'm still kidding) *

    Have you ever seen anyone else ride a unicycle with your own eyes? I
    would guess not...

    --
    Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  16. tomblackwood said:

    *Sounds like you need to expand your horizons a bit...*

    Uh huh...

    Quoted message said:

    *There are probably lots of theories why there are more males in this
    sport, but almost all the female riders I've met take it really
    seriously, and are really skilled as a result. *

    You may be correct when refering to the unicycling population in the US
    or on these forums, but globally, I'd say it's pretty even as far as
    gender goes. Looking at the database from UNICON XII this last summer,
    the attendance was 69% Female and 31% Male. Now, keep in mind that a
    large portion of the attendees were from Japan which is predominantly
    female riders.

    When I went to Germany a month ago for a unicycle hockey tournament, the
    participants were almost 50/50 (slightly more male). I also visited a
    unicycle club there as well, that does freestyle riding, and it was
    mostly female (23 girls to 3 guys + myself at the practice). In March,
    we have 20 unicyclists from Denmark visiting us and of those 20, only 3
    are male.

    --
    Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  17. i know the girl personally who is making the video... and its taking her
    much time to even start b/c of certain issues and people... and who over
    said girls cant grind needs a head check...

    --
    abomination2you - Captain Sergio
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    abomination2you's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7846
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  18. if you want to see a girl riding on video just check out frank's (from
    hell on wheel) videos. his lady friend rides, which proves he's the man.
    *the man.*

    --
    zach_jucha - tell your sister i said hi

    -Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

    - Homestar

    -I'm not volunteering for severe crotch pain-

    - John Foss

    me: unicyclist forums
    me: what are they not good for
    alex: Serious, well thought out discussion?
    me: exactly
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  19. Why isn't she wearing a helmet in the picture? OHHHHH I see she's to
    good for a helmet 'cause she's a girl blah blah blah😄

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

  20. I was just -*joking*-.... I -know- that girls can ride unicycles....
    geeeeez.....

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36997

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.