<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:So in your own mind I'm sure you could beat me anywhere, anytime. That's
the point of the wager - an easy
Quoted message said:$100 for you if you believe you can beat me on any terrain because I'm
"just
not in your class as a runner", eh...
_
it's not your times that illustrates your not in my league, it's your
emphasis of dwelling on $100 dollars. you're not a
competitor...tony...$ is not going to motivate a competitor, certainly
not me. if you're so intent on kicking my ass you would just show up
at a new york road runner race...when healthy i do'em all...you would
kick my ass have realized something more valuable than money,
affirming your word. that's what i am going to doug & his whole crew
of mediocrity in that small pond he dwells in...Spring or Summer. Make
it happen tony...for yourself.
.... Actually you're right, it's not about competition for me! I could care
less about beating any particular person. It was an attempt at a friendly
wager, not unlike superbowl squares or something. If I were a real betting
man I'd put up far more than $100 - that's chump change, but I wouldn't make
that challenge unless I thought I had a fair chance of winning - because
it's a tough trail race. Of course I couldn't beat you on roads, or even on
most trails. You keep blabbering that you could easily win these trail
races -- so many of us are wondering if you will ever back up those words.
Why not come to the toughest ones in the area to make your statement? That
was the point. You're the one that needs to affirm your word Lance, not me.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I asked you in another response exactly what mountain trails you've run,
because you had suddenly claimed a wealth of trail running experience.
_
i've not ran trails in over 20 years. i haven't claimed a wealth of
knowledge. however i am not foreign to trails. As a teen I ran trails
in the berkeley/oakland hills....in college i ran trails in new
hampshire & vermont. however that was 20-22 years ago. i don't think
trails have changed a whole hell of a lot. i won't be a fish out of
water on a trail...and to be honest, i would prefer to race as i train,
as a lone runner. unfortunately i never get to indeed race as i
train...and always have someone in my immediate space if not on my ass
the entire distance of a race.
Wait a minute, errr you want to race alone now? Wow that blows my mind, you
must be smoking some good stuff!
Quoted message said:in fact i am used to pacing with many of donovan's teammates, men and
women....however they usually drop me and pick it up in the final stage
of a race (80% completed & 20% to go) due to their superior Glover
training. sure they're usually younger than men and women...etc...but
they train far better than me.
Yea you're the random training random racing guy. I remember that from some
of your other posts. Is that supposed to be impressive? I'm far more
impressed with someone who picks a goal, trains hard for it and goes for it,
even if he only gets close.
-Tony