Re: How important is flexibility (of my body)?

R15757

Guest
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote in part:

>For me,
>cycling is the cure, not the problem. If I feel a bit stiff at the start
>of
>a bike ride, I always feel better shortly into it.

I think proper cycling has this effect,
eliminating little aches and pains by using
the muscles gently. Mountain bike trail
riding is even better, more of a full body
exercise. It seems silly to stretch prior
to trail riding; would be better to ride
a bit to prepare for stretching, if one
feels the need to stretch.

Robert

>>For me,
>>cycling is the cure, not the problem. If I feel a bit stiff at the start
>>of
>>a bike ride, I always feel better shortly into it.

> I think proper cycling has this effect,
> eliminating little aches and pains by using
> the muscles gently. Mountain bike trail
> riding is even better, more of a full body
> exercise. It seems silly to stretch prior
> to trail riding; would be better to ride
> a bit to prepare for stretching, if one
> feels the need to stretch.

Wellllllllllllllllll... maybe for *you* mountain bike trail riding is even
better! For some of us, it's an exercise in stress-management, as you have
to try and dodge fast-moving trees, convince yourself that it's possible to
climb up that steep cowpath and still possibly have kids, etc. It's all in
what you feel really comfortable doing. :>)

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com