Re: Induction

Travis Newbury

Guest
GQ wrote:
> I think I did pretty well for my first day today. ..

Just off the top of my head, it seemed like quite a few carbs for
induction. But the important point is you are on your way! Keep a
close eye on the carbs, watch for hidden carbs (the nasty little buggers
hide everywhere)

And keep up the exercise!

--
-=tn=-

"Travis Newbury" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GQ wrote:
> > I think I did pretty well for my first day today. ..

> Just off the top of my head, it seemed like quite a few carbs for
> induction.

Really? Where?

GQ <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:39:05 -0500, Travis Newbury <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >GQ wrote:
> >> I think I did pretty well for my first day today. ..

> >Just off the top of my head, it seemed like quite a few carbs for
> >induction. But the important point is you are on your way! Keep a
> >close eye on the carbs, watch for hidden carbs (the nasty little buggers
> >hide everywhere)
> >
> >And keep up the exercise!

> It came out to be 19.3 carbs for the whole day. I thought induction
> was supposed to be 20 grams of carbs or under per day. Is this not
> correct?

yes, it's correct.

you could do better than iceberg lettuce, though - there's zero
nutritional value in that stuff. it's like cardboard soaked in water.

Eggs - 5, avocado - 4, lettuce - 0, cauliflower - 1, dressing maybe 2-3,
tea - 6 at most, total 19. Frankly, I have never counted the carbs from
coffee or tea.

In news:[email protected],
Travis Newbury <[email protected]> stated

GQ <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:15:08 GMT, [email protected] (The Queen of
> Cans and Jars) wrote:
>
> >GQ <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> It came out to be 19.3 carbs for the whole day. I thought induction
> >> was supposed to be 20 grams of carbs or under per day. Is this not
> >> correct?

> >yes, it's correct.
> >
> >you could do better than iceberg lettuce, though - there's zero
> >nutritional value in that stuff. it's like cardboard soaked in water.

> yes that is true but it is also cheaper and we are on a fixed income,
> so we have to watch the money. I will get other lettuce at different
> times but this was on sale. :)

i can certainly understand being on a budget. you might look into using
cabbage instead of lettuce - i personally find it a much tastier salad
base than lettuce, and it's usually pretty cheap.

That's what FitDay says, but that is with rounding. So the eggs actually
would be 3 if large eggs, 4 if extra large, see you didn't give enough
detail to figure it accurately as you didn't say what size your eggs were.
I don't see where my figures are so far off, lettuce is pretty much O after
subtracting fiber. The truth is even the USDA figures are estimates as
items differ slightly among themselves. Ballparking works. If you take in
25-30 carbs instead of 20 you won't do any harm--Protein Power starts at 30.
If you take in 50 on induction it's a problem but ballparking it will not
get you to 50 from 20.

In news:[email protected],
GQ <[email protected]> stated
| On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:48:46 GMT, "FOB" <[email protected]>
| wrote:
|
|| Eggs - 5, avocado - 4, lettuce - 0, cauliflower - 1, dressing maybe
|| 2-3, tea - 6 at most, total 19. Frankly, I have never counted the
|| carbs from coffee or tea.
|
| The eggs do not add up to 5. Don't know where you are getting your
| info but it is wrong. Maybe you should take a look at the USDA site to
| get your carbs correct. And lettuce does indeed have carbs. You are so
| wrong on your counts, it isn't even funny. Need to recheck your carb
| counter and facts.
|| In news:[email protected],
|| Travis Newbury <[email protected]> stated
||| Just off the top of my head, it seemed like quite a few carbs for
||| induction. But the important point is you are on your way! Keep a
||| close eye on the carbs, watch for hidden carbs (the nasty little
||| buggers hide everywhere)
||| And keep up the exercise!

Hey, I didn't say you took in 25-30 carbs, I said you probably took in 19 at
the most. What I said was that if you take in 25-30 it is not fatal to the
program.

Fitday gets most of its numbers from USDA. The problem is the way I was
doing it, I was putting in 1 egg and FitDay rounds it up to 1 carb, if you
put in 5 eggs, it will display 3 carbs. The fractional carbs are in its
database but it doesn't display them for a single unit.

Frankly, I think you are obsessing a little too much about carbs.

In news:[email protected],
GQ <[email protected]> stated

FOB wrote:

> Frankly, I think you are obsessing a little too much about carbs.

I think it's her nature to obsess

GQ wrote:

>>I think it's her nature to obsess

> Yeah right. Thanks so much. What are you doing here?

I'm on a low carb diet. How are the jams and jellies?

GQ wrote:

> I am just trying to do the diet as prescribed is all.

Sounds like you are doing fine. Now, go watch some TV like a good girl.

GQ wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:06:33 +0700, Xtile <[email protected]>
> wrote:

>>>Yeah right. Thanks so much. What are you doing here?

>>I'm on a low carb diet. How are the jams and jellies?

> I haven't made them yet. I didn't know that you were writing a book.
> ;-)
>
> That is in the future, but thanks for thinking of me.

:(
Awwwwww, well, your husband can always have some smuckers.

GQ wrote:

> Actually, he has the homemade ones I have made with sugar. He
> especially likes my Prickly Pear Cactus Jelly and my Apple Butter.

You are quite the homemaker!

GQ wrote:

> I do not follow orders from anyone, most especially you. ;-)

Well, you need to take your mind off of things for awhile......

"GQ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>>you could do better than iceberg lettuce, though - there's zero
>>nutritional value in that stuff. it's like cardboard soaked in water.

> yes that is true but it is also cheaper and we are on a fixed income,
> so we have to watch the money. I will get other lettuce at different
> times but this was on sale. :)

I planted a window-box of mixed salad leaves today - I'm hoping for some
reasonably priced leaves to brighten up a salad real Soon Now : )

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.7/<6 Weight 95/79/72Kg
1g Metformin, 75ug Thyroxine

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:42:24 -0000, "Nicky"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I planted a window-box of mixed salad leaves today - I'm hoping for some
>reasonably priced leaves to brighten up a salad real Soon Now : )

I hope you have a bountiful crop. I am just waiting for the warm
weather so I can plant various lettuces in my containers in my
backyard. I love container gardening.

"Jaime" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:42:24 -0000, "Nicky"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I planted a window-box of mixed salad leaves today - I'm hoping for some
>>reasonably priced leaves to brighten up a salad real Soon Now : )

> I hope you have a bountiful crop. I am just waiting for the warm
> weather so I can plant various lettuces in my containers in my
> backyard. I love container gardening.

I've got 2 black thumbs, so I'm not getting my hopes up very high - but I
did spend some of my Christmas money on a "container gardening for dummies"
type book, plus a nice big bowl, some compost and some seeds, so I'm on my
way : )

Nicky.

--

Jaime wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:42:24 -0000, "Nicky"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I planted a window-box of mixed salad leaves today - I'm hoping for some
>>reasonably priced leaves to brighten up a salad real Soon Now : )

> I hope you have a bountiful crop. I am just waiting for the warm
> weather so I can plant various lettuces in my containers in my
> backyard. I love container gardening.

There's an idea, since my wife and I are living in an apartment. It will
be 6 months or so until our place is ready. Thx

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:58:51 -0000, "Nicky"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I've got 2 black thumbs, so I'm not getting my hopes up very high - but I
>did spend some of my Christmas money on a "container gardening for dummies"
>type book

Yes I saw that book. Great book. I wanted to buy it but all my
available cash is going towards old student loans and electric heating
bills so money sure is tight for me.

You know I think I will look for it in the library tomorrow. I have a
book to return.

> plus a nice big bowl, some compost and some seeds, so I'm on my
>way : )

I save all kinds of seeds from tomatoes, etc. It is fun to see what
you get from them.