Nancy said:Hello all-
<big vent>
After fighting my HMO over my eating problems for over a year and a half, and
totally loosing, I am now a frank diabetic. GD KAISER!It's like they set me up from day one to fail, so they can put me on medications
and be done with me. sxxx headsI can't tell you how hard it is to write this. Maybe if I show my labs (which
takes time to cut and paste, I'll stop crying)October HBA1C 5.3
April 5.4
Optimal is 4.7 or less.
Quoted message said:Lipid Panels
October Cholesterol 192
April Cholesterol 169
Optimal.
Quoted message said:October Tri 143
April Tri 232
Optimal is less than 150 mg/dl.
Quoted message said:October HDL 50
April HDL 50
Optimal is more than 50 mg/dl.
Quoted message said:Oct LDL calculated 113
April LDL calculated 73
Optimal.
Quoted message said:October GLU fasting 114 (guesstimate, because it isn't in my chart, they are
still working on this electronic system)
April Glucose fasting 127
Optimal is less than 100 mg/dl.
Quoted message said:no Oct test done
April TPO (thyroid antibodies) 63 sb <35 IU/mL
Not normal.
Quoted message said:Oct Creatinine 1
April results not in yetOctober TSH 2.1
April TSH 9 (low end--especially for me)Better. ๐
This is actually not good. It means you are starting to be more
hypothyroid. This may explain some of your increased insulin
resistance. Would suggest you seek a referral to consult with an
endocrinologist about possibly increasing you on thyroid replacement
hormone therapy.
Quoted message said:My blood was drawn Wednesday and the results are placed in my personal/secret
file for me to retrieve forever (secure web site). So, here I am watching my
results come in one at a time and it didn't take long, before I realized what
this all meant.It appears that I should immediately increase my thyroid dose, which I did six
months ago also. And it appears that it is possible that changes in my thyroid
are causing changes in my diabetes. (didn't type the pre this time)
Correct.
Quoted message said:I'm not taking it well, because I really wanted to try diet and exercise.
You really need to lose all your visceral adipose tissue (VAT) which
is causing your insulin resistance (aka metabolic syndrome or MetS).
Quoted message said:I was following as low a carb diet as I could afford calorie wise. No pasta, no
"white" foods, etc. but just the basics and I think I slipped a bit. I always
have used fresh ingredients, etc. etc. etc. However, I just went along eating
one meal/day with no help in sight. I'm prone to hypos when I start adding food
back in, so that is one problem. I've developed food aversions from delaying my
thyroid surgery--I had a tumor constricting my esophagus and my wind pipe.I have a very weird eating disorder, and all kinds of other things going on. I
can't exercise the way I should, because I also have fibromyalgia. To talk
about all of this, seems so petty compared to others.
Your fibromylagia may be arising from the inflammatory cytokines from
your VAT.
Quoted message said:How is he going to even prescribe medication for me? This is so much like a bad
dream that you can't wake yourself from.**In the meantime what if the doctor wants me to go on medication, even though
he never gave diet and exercise a chance, because he did not rigorously try to
find someone to help me eat?**I guess pouting does no one any good. I'm almost certain he will want me on
medication, because all three docs I've had since Feb. 04 have wanted me to take
medication and I was pre-diabetic. I've got a great article on this phenomena:
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14046702.phpMy appointment is 2:30 PM PDT and I will be on line in the morning.
It took me a while before I was able to post about it.Nancy
needs a new sig
May reading the following help you:
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/overweight.asp
Prayerfully in Jesus' awesome love,
Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love/TheTruth