Re: Legality of chaining Bicycles to footway apparatus

Mark Hewitt

Guest
"Not Responding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> The answer is to convert a few on road car bays into bike parking areas
> compete with bike racks. I think you get about 8 bikes in the space of 1
> car, so it's a far better use of roadspace.

They did this at our local retail park, put bike racks in the end car
parking spaces. Perhaps after me complaining that Halfords sold a lot of
bike related products and yet there was nowhere for me to secure my cycle
outside.

Then they took them out and put disabled places in instead!

gazzafield

Guest
On Fri, 06 May 2005 08:31:39 +0100, Mark Hewitt wrote:

> "Not Responding" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> The answer is to convert a few on road car bays into bike parking areas
>> compete with bike racks. I think you get about 8 bikes in the space of 1
>> car, so it's a far better use of roadspace.

> They did this at our local retail park, put bike racks in the end car
> parking spaces. Perhaps after me complaining that Halfords sold a lot of
> bike related products and yet there was nowhere for me to secure my cycle
> outside.
>
> Then they took them out and put disabled places in instead!

Is that because nobody used them?