re locating to linconshire

Yuval Berger

Guest
I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming September. I am an avid cyclist
commuter and self contained tourer. I wonder if that part of your country is suitable for weekend
trips / commuting/ and the level of bike friendliness in this community

Yuval Vancouver BC

"yuval berger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming September. I am an avid cyclist
> commuter and self contained tourer. I wonder if that part of your country is suitable for weekend
> trips / commuting/ and the level of bike friendliness in this community
>
> Yuval Vancouver BC

Well for one thing, it's very flat! Premium crop growing country. Get very nice sunsets there also.

Ex-Lincolnshire person

Steve

>I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming September.

The part of Lincolnshire known as the fens is very flat - it's a big part of Lincolnshire :) Very
flat indeed.

For bike groups & clubs go to

http://www.ctc.org.uk (for leisure cycling) and http://www.bcf.uk.com/ (for sport cycling) and
http://www.rttc.org.uk/ (for time trialling specifically)

Enjoy your cycling here in the UK

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming
September.

> The part of Lincolnshire known as the fens is very flat - it's a big part
of
> Lincolnshire :) Very flat indeed.

My sister lives at Holbeach. There are bridges over the dykes, they go uphill, then downhill and
back onto the road the other side.

Bill

Couldn't be better. I'm in s.Lincs and commute via traffic free roads to work most days -21 mile
round trip. Never had any hassle from traffic of any sort, touch wood. Ali "yuval berger"

Steve <[email protected]> wrote:

> "yuval berger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I am looking at relocating to Lincolnshire as soon as this coming September. I am an avid
> > cyclist commuter and self contained tourer. I wonder if that part of your country is suitable
> > for weekend trips / commuting/ and the level of bike friendliness in this community
> >
> > Yuval Vancouver BC
>
> Well for one thing, it's very flat!

Hah! Do *not* fall for this one. Lincolnshire is flatter than some places, sure, but you get out
there on the Wolds and there are still some hills to challenge your legs.

I lived with my parents-in-law in Scamblesby for a while last year and have ridden to Horncastle a
number of times. Not too bad, but definitely undulating. I didn't even *attempt* the ride to Louth,
the other nearby town. Not because I didn't want to ride up the hill on the way there, but because I
didn't want to ride *down* said hill on the way back....

The good thing about rural Lincs is that the roads tend to have wide verges so that the cars have
somewher to pull off to let you pass (well they do for me on my trike anyway).

--
Carol Hague "The bicycle is the product of pure reason applied to motion."
- Angela Carter, "The Lady of the House of Love"

Damn right!

I was out cycling in the Lincolnshire Wolds , the week after Easter and it is definitely not flat.

I was staying at Woody's Top YH near Ruckland near Louth and there is a heck of a climb up to it.