General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Low carb and low calorie

Started by JC Der Koenig · · Last activity · 12 posts · 472 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 May 2005
Last activity
20 May 2005
Original author
JC Der Koenig
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
472
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. You need to start exercising.

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Nick" <terzulli@optonline*spa/\/\blows.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    After losing 100lbs on Atkins in 1 year and 3 months, I've stalled, so I
    have decided to go low calorie. I am 203 (and have been for 2 months) but
    would like to be 180. Have most of you found that after a while this
    becomes necessary?

    The past week, I have aimed for 1500 - 1600 calories a day, split roughly
    65% fat, 28% protein and 7% carbs. I am a guy, 6'2" and 21 years old. Is
    this a normal caloric range for weight loss? I don't exercise, but I'm
    doing something on my feet most of the day. Any general tips from people
    who have gone low calorie and low carb?

    Nick

  2. And "skinny fat" is in your future....

    Cubit wrote:
    :: I do no exercise and continue to lose over a pound a week. In the
    :: last 28 days my ratios are: 63% fat, 20% protein, and 9% carbs. My
    :: calorie level was 1394 per day on average.
    ::
    :: The OP's question is apt, and his proposed approach is sound.
    ::
    :: Over 18 months I have averaged 1.71 pounds lost per week.
    ::
    :: 311/173.5/165
    :: dieting since 11/2003
    :: low carb since 12/01/2003
    ::
    :: "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    :: news:[email hidden]...
    ::: You need to start exercising.
    :::
    ::: --
    ::: Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    ::: breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen
    :::
    :::
    ::: "Nick" <terzulli@optonline*spa/\/\blows.net> wrote in message
    ::: news:[email hidden]...
    :::: After losing 100lbs on Atkins in 1 year and 3 months, I've
    :::: stalled, so I have decided to go low calorie. I am 203 (and have
    :::: been for 2 months) but would like to be 180. Have most of you
    :::: found that after a while this becomes necessary?
    ::::
    :::: The past week, I have aimed for 1500 - 1600 calories a day, split
    :::: roughly 65% fat, 28% protein and 7% carbs. I am a guy, 6'2" and 21
    :::: years old. Is this a normal caloric range for weight loss? I don't
    :::: exercise, but I'm doing something on my feet most of the day. Any
    :::: general tips from people who have gone low calorie and low carb?
    ::::
    :::: Nick

  3. And you still look like [censored] with hips like a [censored].

    Is that what you were aiming for?

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I do no exercise and continue to lose over a pound a week. In the last 28
    days my ratios are: 63% fat, 20% protein, and 9% carbs. My calorie level
    was 1394 per day on average.

    The OP's question is apt, and his proposed approach is sound.

    Over 18 months I have averaged 1.71 pounds lost per week.

    311/173.5/165
    dieting since 11/2003
    low carb since 12/01/2003

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You need to start exercising.

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Nick" <terzulli@optonline*spa/\/\blows.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    After losing 100lbs on Atkins in 1 year and 3 months, I've stalled, so
    I
    have decided to go low calorie. I am 203 (and have been for 2 months)


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    would like to be 180. Have most of you found that after a while this
    becomes necessary?

    The past week, I have aimed for 1500 - 1600 calories a day, split


    roughly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    65% fat, 28% protein and 7% carbs. I am a guy, 6'2" and 21 years old.
    Is
    this a normal caloric range for weight loss? I don't exercise, but I'm
    doing something on my feet most of the day. Any general tips from
    people
    who have gone low calorie and low carb?

    Nick

  4. "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    And you still look like [censored] with hips like a [censored].

    Is that what you were aiming for?

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    wow.

  5. At 172.4 it is now obvious that my original goal of 165 was too high. I'm
    thinking I may have to go underweight, maybe into the 130s to get rid of the
    post-320 body distortions. Then bringing my weight back up to about 150
    might put some fat back in the right distribution, I hope.

    In areas where the fat is gone the skin has returned to normal. I had
    expected to look like a Chinese Shar-Pei. I'm not sure if the high fat,
    including saturated fat, accounts for this, or if I just had the right
    genes. At 49 hoping for skin recovery was dubious optimism. I don't have
    any of the face distortions that Roger Ebert ended up with. I'll bet he was
    doing low fat.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    And you still look like [censored] with hips like a [censored].

    Is that what you were aiming for?

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I do no exercise and continue to lose over a pound a week. In the last


    28

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    days my ratios are: 63% fat, 20% protein, and 9% carbs. My calorie


    level

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was 1394 per day on average.

    The OP's question is apt, and his proposed approach is sound.

    Over 18 months I have averaged 1.71 pounds lost per week.

    311/173.5/165
    dieting since 11/2003
    low carb since 12/01/2003

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You need to start exercising.

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Nick" <terzulli@optonline*spa/\/\blows.net> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > After losing 100lbs on Atkins in 1 year and 3 months, I've stalled,


    so

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > I
    > have decided to go low calorie. I am 203 (and have been for 2 months)


    but

    Quoted message said:

    > would like to be 180. Have most of you found that after a while this
    > becomes necessary?
    >
    > The past week, I have aimed for 1500 - 1600 calories a day, split


    roughly

    Quoted message said:

    > 65% fat, 28% protein and 7% carbs. I am a guy, 6'2" and 21 years old.
    > Is
    > this a normal caloric range for weight loss? I don't exercise, but


    I'm

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > doing something on my feet most of the day. Any general tips from
    > people
    > who have gone low calorie and low carb?
    >
    > Nick
    >
    >

  6. Perhaps if you thought of adding (keeping) muscle the situation would be
    very, very different. Ebert is 62 and he is not you.

    Cubit wrote:
    :: At 172.4 it is now obvious that my original goal of 165 was too
    :: high. I'm thinking I may have to go underweight, maybe into the
    :: 130s to get rid of the post-320 body distortions. Then bringing my
    :: weight back up to about 150 might put some fat back in the right
    :: distribution, I hope.
    ::
    :: In areas where the fat is gone the skin has returned to normal. I
    :: had expected to look like a Chinese Shar-Pei. I'm not sure if the
    :: high fat, including saturated fat, accounts for this, or if I just
    :: had the right genes. At 49 hoping for skin recovery was dubious
    :: optimism. I don't have any of the face distortions that Roger Ebert
    :: ended up with. I'll bet he was doing low fat.
    ::
    :: "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    :: news:[email hidden]...
    ::: And you still look like [censored] with hips like a [censored].
    :::
    ::: Is that what you were aiming for?
    :::
    ::: --
    ::: Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    ::: breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen
    :::
    :::
    ::: "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    ::: news:[email hidden]...
    :::: I do no exercise and continue to lose over a pound a week. In the
    :::: last 28 days my ratios are: 63% fat, 20% protein, and 9% carbs.
    :::: My calorie level was 1394 per day on average.
    ::::
    :::: The OP's question is apt, and his proposed approach is sound.
    ::::
    :::: Over 18 months I have averaged 1.71 pounds lost per week.
    ::::
    :::: 311/173.5/165
    :::: dieting since 11/2003
    :::: low carb since 12/01/2003
    ::::
    :::: "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    :::: news:[email hidden]...
    ::::: You need to start exercising.
    :::::
    ::::: --
    ::::: Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    ::::: breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen
    :::::
    :::::
    ::::: "Nick" <terzulli@optonline*spa/\/\blows.net> wrote in message
    ::::: news:[email hidden]...
    :::::: After losing 100lbs on Atkins in 1 year and 3 months, I've
    :::::: stalled, so I
    :::::: have decided to go low calorie. I am 203 (and have been for 2
    :::::: months) but would like to be 180. Have most of you found that
    :::::: after a while this becomes necessary?
    ::::::
    :::::: The past week, I have aimed for 1500 - 1600 calories a day,
    :::::: split roughly 65% fat, 28% protein and 7% carbs. I am a guy,
    :::::: 6'2" and 21 years old. Is
    :::::: this a normal caloric range for weight loss? I don't exercise,
    :::::: but I'm doing something on my feet most of the day. Any general
    :::::: tips from people
    :::::: who have gone low calorie and low carb?
    ::::::
    :::::: Nick

  7. Exercise would help you get rid of some of the body distortions.

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    At 172.4 it is now obvious that my original goal of 165 was too high. I'm
    thinking I may have to go underweight, maybe into the 130s to get rid of
    the
    post-320 body distortions. Then bringing my weight back up to about 150
    might put some fat back in the right distribution, I hope.

    In areas where the fat is gone the skin has returned to normal. I had
    expected to look like a Chinese Shar-Pei. I'm not sure if the high fat,
    including saturated fat, accounts for this, or if I just had the right
    genes. At 49 hoping for skin recovery was dubious optimism. I don't have
    any of the face distortions that Roger Ebert ended up with. I'll bet he
    was
    doing low fat.

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    And you still look like [censored] with hips like a [censored].

    Is that what you were aiming for?

    --
    Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I do no exercise and continue to lose over a pound a week. In the last


    28

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    days my ratios are: 63% fat, 20% protein, and 9% carbs. My calorie


    level

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was 1394 per day on average.

    The OP's question is apt, and his proposed approach is sound.

    Over 18 months I have averaged 1.71 pounds lost per week.

    311/173.5/165
    dieting since 11/2003
    low carb since 12/01/2003

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > You need to start exercising.
    >
    > --
    > Now [censored]. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    > breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen
    >
    >
    > "Nick" <terzulli@optonline*spa/\/\blows.net> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > > After losing 100lbs on Atkins in 1 year and 3 months, I've stalled,


    so

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > I
    > > have decided to go low calorie. I am 203 (and have been for 2
    > > months)
    but
    > > would like to be 180. Have most of you found that after a while this
    > > becomes necessary?
    > >
    > > The past week, I have aimed for 1500 - 1600 calories a day, split
    roughly
    > > 65% fat, 28% protein and 7% carbs. I am a guy, 6'2" and 21 years
    > > old.
    > > Is
    > > this a normal caloric range for weight loss? I don't exercise, but


    I'm

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > doing something on my feet most of the day. Any general tips from
    > > people
    > > who have gone low calorie and low carb?
    > >
    > > Nick
    > >
    > >
    >
    >

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    JC Der Koenig said:

    Exercise would help you get rid of some of the body distortions.

    I've finally convinced myself that, as much as I don't want to, I need
    to exercise, as just losing weight isn't proving to be enough. I started
    this morning doing crunches, or should I say trying to. I know, "butch
    up". Any suggestions for other exercises that I could do at home,
    without specialized equipment?

    --
    ---
    Chris Smolinski
    Black Cat Systems
    http://www.blackcatsystems.com

  9. Chris Smolinski <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :> In article <[email hidden]>,
    :> "JC Der Koenig" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :>
    :> > Exercise would help you get rid of some of the body distortions.
    :> >
    :>
    :> I've finally convinced myself that, as much as I don't want to, I
    :> need to exercise, as just losing weight isn't proving to be enough.
    :> I started this morning doing crunches, or should I say trying to. I
    :> know, "butch up". Any suggestions for other exercises that I could
    :> do at home, without specialized equipment?

    Good decision...

    Pushups, squats, dips between chairs. leg raises, lunges. Chinups if you
    have a bar.

    I'm not sure what you consider specialized equipment, but at home you don't
    need much beyond a decent dumbbell set and an adjustable bench. And if
    you've got money to spend, a set of powerbars would be nice!
    (www.powerblocks.com).

  10. You can use many household items for weights. A large can of soup, an old
    milk jug filled with water, paint cans, etc. Your body doesn't care how
    fancy the weights are, as long as the resistance is there.

    Chris

    Quoted message said:


    I've finally convinced myself that, as much as I don't want to, I need
    to exercise, as just losing weight isn't proving to be enough. I started
    this morning doing crunches, or should I say trying to. I know, "butch
    up". Any suggestions for other exercises that I could do at home,
    without specialized equipment?

    --
    ---
    Chris Smolinski
    Black Cat Systems
    http://www.blackcatsystems.com

  11. I can think of hundreds of ways to exercise without specialized equipment,
    but the easiest ones to start with are long and fast walks, pushups, and
    crunches. Pullups are excellent also, but you need a bar. The main things
    are the consistency and intensity you put into your efforts.

    --

    Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

    --
    "Chris Smolinski" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JC Der Koenig said:

    Exercise would help you get rid of some of the body distortions.

    I've finally convinced myself that, as much as I don't want to, I need
    to exercise, as just losing weight isn't proving to be enough. I started
    this morning doing crunches, or should I say trying to. I know, "butch
    up". Any suggestions for other exercises that I could do at home,
    without specialized equipment?

    --
    ---
    Chris Smolinski
    Black Cat Systems
    http://www.blackcatsystems.com

  12. Quoting Chris Smolinski:

    Quoted message said:

    I've finally convinced myself that, as much as I don't want to, I need
    to exercise, as just losing weight isn't proving to be enough. I started
    this morning doing crunches, or should I say trying to. I know, "butch
    up". Any suggestions for other exercises that I could do at home,
    without specialized equipment?

    One-legged squats, chinups/pullups (ok, you may need to get a bar),
    crunches, toe touches.

    See also:
    http://tinyurl.com/cyl5y

    http://tinyurl.com/7syfl

    (google groups searches)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.