Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Re: NGM: Now I remember why I stopped checking this group

Started by Perry Butler · · Last activity · 8 posts · 802 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
30 March 2004
Last activity
2 April 2004
Original author
Perry Butler
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
802
Views / 30 days
4
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Christ Ed, do you have a stuttering problem? Three responses to one post?

    "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    All this coming from a guy who was kicked off of BROL!

    Who are you talking about? Who was kicked off BROL? I don't know of anyone
    who was ever kicked off BROL, or even threatened to be kicked off..

    Quoted message said:

    For those ignorant of this state, Perry lives in a typical miserable
    little town (Alexandria) that would like to think of itself as part of
    the Great White North, but it is only on the edges and is therefore no
    better than the burg I am living in.

    Keep your facts straight. My mailing address is Evansville, not Alexandria.
    Terry and I live in the country toward Battle Lake. In your e-mail last
    April you spoke about how attractive my area is and how different your area
    is. Have you changed your mind because of these conversations? Did you
    want me to send you the copy of that e-mail? This area is biking heaven,
    lakes, streams, woods, curvy roads, hills, true beauty.

    "Miserable" is your attitude.

    Quoted message said:

    Nonsense! I remember all of our correspondence going back about a year
    or so. It is ammunition for me to use against you if I so choose. But
    unlike you (and Sherman), I like to stay on topic and not dredge up
    personal items for cheap shots. I do hold it against you that you
    revealed my home town without my permission. I have a long memory and
    I am sharpening my verbal knives. Beware!

    I still have our e-mails. The only ammunition I could see that you could
    "dredge up" is that at age 47 I had prostate surgery. Would it be okay with
    you if I post our conversations for everyone to see? I have no problem with
    exposing our clandestine conversations, but of course you feel that e-mail
    is somehow private (it's not) so out of courtesy I won't do it unless you
    say it's okay. In other words, you talked out of your ass here! Did you
    want me to send you copies of those e-mails?

    Why are you embarrassed about Worthington?

    Did you know that you can go to Switchboard, type in your name and
    Worthington and get your street address and phone number? I teach this to
    my students. Don't worry Ed we don't type in your name!

    Quoted message said:

    But I have never known anyone who hated
    me. I am just too good a person for that. Can you say the same about
    yourself I wonder?

    Even my ex-wife likes me! She also likes my wife Terry. We get together
    for all our kids events!

    Quoted message said:

    Congratulations for making the most ridiculous statement ever made on
    ARBR. Before I came to this newsgroup, it was nothing but a cesspool
    of liberal rants and insults of the lowest kind.

    Actually, before you came ARBR was about recumbents. YOU now provide the
    cesspool, rants, and insults of the lowest kind!

    Quoted message said:

    Sherman was the chief offender by far. But he had chorus of moronic
    fools who always were chiming in like the dumbbells they were. Were
    you one of them? I don't recall, but I suspect you were. And Sherman
    no longer always gets the last word anymore. Who do you think may have
    had something to do with that? Sure as hell not you.

    Tom's writing is much more effective than yours and he knows how to edit
    posts, something you still need to learn, but that doesn't mean that I have
    always agreed with him!

    Quoted message said:

    If you are on BROL, then why are you here?

    Because I can multitask.

    Quoted message said:

    Do you think you have to
    monopolize everything wherever you go?

    That's the pot calling the kettle black. I don't have to have the last
    word. If you look at the threads, your post ALWAYS ends the conversation.
    Take a look. Show me one time I have ended our discussion (I'm giving you a
    chance here Ed). Has anyone besides you ever ended the conversation?

    Quoted message said:

    Take it from me - BROL should
    suit you just fine. Leave ARBR to those of us who can take some
    controversy without coming apart at the seams. A moderator is your
    best friend, whether you realize it or not.

    Actually I prefer the organization that a newsgroup provides and I like the
    fact that this group is unmoderated. It's just that because of you, BROL
    provides better bent coverage.

    If I believed in moderators, consciously or unconsciously, I would have
    filtered you a long time ago.

    Quoted message said:

    And while you are at it take that fool Cletus with you.

    What did Cletus do to get you by the balls?

    Do not confuse your arrogance with intelligence!

    Perry Butler - Evansville, Minnesota

  2. "Perry Butler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Christ Ed, do you have a stuttering problem? Three responses to one post?

    Every time I read one of your posts for a second or third time I see
    that more invective is called for, and so I supply it.

    Before I go any further can you tell me why your posts are so broad in
    their spacing? Look at it on Google and you will see what I mean. Your
    posts are unique in this respect. Maybe you should be using Google
    like I am if you can't get it any better than that. Your posts look a
    mess. I am fed up with editing them for appearance and I will leave
    them the way I find them for everyone else here to marvel at. Did you
    say you were a computer instructor?

    Quoted message said:

    "Edward Dolan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    All this coming from a guy who was kicked off of BROL!

    Who are you talking about? Who was kicked off BROL? I don't know of anyone
    who was ever kicked off BROL, or even threatened to be kicked off..

    I have heard reports that every now and then someone gets kicked off
    of BROL (Jim McNamara). I am sure if the thread you were contributing
    to there was shut down it was because of you.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    For those ignorant of this state, Perry lives in a typical miserable
    little town (Alexandria) that would like to think of itself as part of
    the Great White North, but it is only on the edges and is therefore no
    better than the burg I am living in.

    Keep your facts straight. My mailing address is Evansville, not Alexandria.
    Terry and I live in the country toward Battle Lake. In your e-mail last
    April you spoke about how attractive my area is and how different your area
    is. Have you changed your mind because of these conversations? Did you
    want me to send you the copy of that e-mail? This area is biking heaven,
    lakes, streams, woods, curvy roads, hills, true beauty.

    Anyone who saves emails for more than a few weeks is an [censored] pure
    and simple. Your area is only marginally more attractive for cycling
    than my area, but otherwise it is not that much different. You have
    the same long miserable winter up there as we have down here. As far
    as I am concerned, true beauty does not kick in until you get west of
    the Missouri River.

    No one here cares if you are from Evansville or Alexandria. It is
    enough that you are from Minnesota. When telling someone where you are
    from it is just common sense to indicate the nearest large city and
    not the particular small burg which no one will ever have heard of.

    Quoted message said:

    "Miserable" is your attitude.

    Quoted message said:

    Nonsense! I remember all of our correspondence going back about a year
    or so. It is ammunition for me to use against you if I so choose. But
    unlike you (and Sherman), I like to stay on topic and not dredge up
    personal items for cheap shots. I do hold it against you that you
    revealed my home town without my permission. I have a long memory and
    I am sharpening my verbal knives. Beware!

    I still have our e-mails. The only ammunition I could see that you could
    "dredge up" is that at age 47 I had prostate surgery. Would it be okay with
    you if I post our conversations for everyone to see? I have no problem with
    exposing our clandestine conversations, but of course you feel that e-mail
    is somehow private (it's not) so out of courtesy I won't do it unless you
    say it's okay. In other words, you talked out of your ass here! Did you
    want me to send you copies of those e-mails?

    No, I am talking about you being an elementary teacher and I will have
    plenty to say about your choice of profession if you would like to
    know what I think of men grade school teachers. You can take any email
    I ever sent you and put it where the sun don't shine for all I care.

    Email is private and only an [censored] would think they were not
    private. But you have already proven yourself over and over on that
    score already. Why on earth would you think any one would be
    interested in anything I ever wrote you off this newsgroup. You must
    be as crazy as those loons that sit on your lakes up there.

    Quoted message said:

    Why are you embarrassed about Worthington?

    I am too old to be embarrassed about anything. Wgtn. is a miserable
    town and so is that town you live in. You and I don't know what it is
    to live someplace that has style and elegance. That is because we are
    both a couple of Minnesota jerks. I know it and you don't, which makes
    you the bigger jerk!

    Quoted message said:

    Did you know that you can go to Switchboard, type in your name and
    Worthington and get your street address and phone number? I teach this to
    my students. Don't worry Ed we don't type in your name!

    Yup! Crazy as a g.d. loon! If you only knew how totally uninterested I
    am in you you would not be talking about street addresses and
    telephone numbers. Don't they have any psychiatrists in that jerk
    water town you live in? I pity your poor pupils (I have already told
    you repeatedly that you do not have students - you have pupils).

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    But I have never known anyone who hated
    me. I am just too good a person for that. Can you say the same about
    yourself I wonder?

    Even my ex-wife likes me! She also likes my wife Terry. We get together
    for all our kids events!

    I'll bet you are the world's worst teacher and your pupils all hate
    you. Hell, your wife and kids have to put up with you. We all know how
    that works.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Congratulations for making the most ridiculous statement ever made on
    ARBR. Before I came to this newsgroup, it was nothing but a cesspool
    of liberal rants and insults of the lowest kind.

    Actually, before you came ARBR was about recumbents. YOU now provide the
    cesspool, rants, and insults of the lowest kind!

    Review your present post and you will see there is only one [censored]
    present -and that is you.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Sherman was the chief offender by far. But he had chorus of moronic
    fools who always were chiming in like the dumbbells they were. Were
    you one of them? I don't recall, but I suspect you were. And Sherman
    no longer always gets the last word anymore. Who do you think may have
    had something to do with that? Sure as hell not you.

    Tom's writing is much more effective than yours and he knows how to edit
    posts, something you still need to learn, but that doesn't mean that I have
    always agreed with him!

    Sherman is another [censored] and he sure as hell doesn't need you to
    defend him.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If you are on BROL, then why are you here?

    Because I can multitask.

    One newsgroup is enough for anyone. If you are on more than one
    newsgroup, you need to find something else besides the computer to
    occupy you. However, you can't multitask [censored] as you have just proven
    by your present post. I suggest you concentrate on doing just one
    thing at a time. But if you want to multitask, do the following: learn
    how to write, learn how to edit, and most important, learn how to
    think. Those are the three things you can work on simultaneously. When
    you have mastered them, then get back to me and I will grade you on
    them.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Do you think you have to
    monopolize everything wherever you go?

    That's the pot calling the kettle black. I don't have to have the last
    word. If you look at the threads, your post ALWAYS ends the conversation.
    Take a look. Show me one time I have ended our discussion (I'm giving you a
    chance here Ed). Has anyone besides you ever ended the conversation?

    Hell, you never have anything interesting to say about anything,
    except when you are relating some of your cycle touring experiences.
    Other than for that, you should not be posting at all. At least not
    here on ARBR.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Take it from me - BROL should
    suit you just fine. Leave ARBR to those of us who can take some
    controversy without coming apart at the seams. A moderator is your
    best friend, whether you realize it or not.

    Actually I prefer the organization that a newsgroup provides and I like the
    fact that this group is unmoderated. It's just that because of you, BROL
    provides better bent coverage.

    You have just proven here by your present post that you cannot take
    controversy. I suspect BROL would not allow what we are presently
    doing, and so you would be better off there as you are only making a
    fool of yourself here.

    Quoted message said:

    If I believed in moderators, consciously or unconsciously, I would have
    filtered you a long time ago.

    Yep, you and Cletus, both a couple of cowards and kil filers. You
    belong on BROL where someone can baby sit you.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And while you are at it take that fool Cletus with you.

    What did Cletus do to get you by the balls?

    He is a kill filer, which is OK , but he won't shut up about me. He
    keeps on about me when he is not even reading my posts. Because he
    does that, he is contemptible. You do not yet fall into that category
    as along as you play fair. However, if and when you do kill file me,
    then from that point on I expect you to shut up about me since you
    will no longer be reading my posts.

    Quoted message said:

    Do not confuse your arrogance with intelligence!

    Did you not know that I sit at the right hand of God Almighty!

    --
    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  3. [email hidden] (Edward Dolan) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Perry Butler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    [...]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ... I don't have to have the last
    word. If you look at the threads, your post ALWAYS ends the conversation.
    Take a look. Show me one time I have ended our discussion (I'm giving you > > a chance here Ed). Has anyone besides you ever ended the conversation?

    I don't much give a damn who has the last word as long as it is a
    trivial last word. You and Sherman more than qualify for that honor.
    But if the last word is going to be of substance, then let us vie for
    it and see who runs out of ideas first. That is the only thing which
    ought to determine who has the last word. But be warned, I have a
    zillion ideas by which to keep something going seemingly forever. All
    you ever have to do to have the last word is to out think me and/or
    out write me. But we both know from past experience how unlikely that
    is.

    I was not ever aware that we were having any separate conversations
    (if that is what you want to call it), but rather it is just one
    interminable conversation where you have decided that you want to take
    me down a notch or two most likely because you are jealous of me. I
    will admit there is a lot here to be jealous of, but you may as well
    find your own little kingdom of discussion where you can rule without
    me in it. I will continue to be a tiger about OT political posts here
    on ARBR until I tire of the game entirely. If you do not like it, you
    can lump it. I am here for the duration.

    However, in as much as this conversation that we are having is without
    any substance, I will no longer put any effort into it. I have better
    things to do then engage in brainless argument about nothing with a
    nobody.

    --
    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  4. [email hidden] (Edward Dolan) wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Edward Dolan) wrote in message

    I don't much give a dxxx who has the last word as long as it is a
    trivial last word.

    Nothing penultimate about this one, I bet. (roll eyes, gag, yawn).

  5. Howard <bishop(1199<<1)@yazhooz.com> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Edward Dolan) wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Edward Dolan) wrote in message

    I don't much give a dxxx who has the last word as long as it is a
    trivial last word.

    Nothing penultimate about this one, I bet. (roll eyes, gag, yawn).

    It is always Sherman and others who trail off with trivial posts. It
    is their way of escaping the thread. I let them stand because the
    thread is over with when my antagonists have decided to go trivial on
    me. But along as there is substance I will hang in there until I am
    properly bested by superior argument. Fine writing can also bring me
    up short, but that is extremely rare here on ARBR.

    Most are like you, given to short remarks which may or may not be
    witty. It is easy to do that sort of thing but you need my type around
    to play off of. Just witty remarks flying back and forth (note the
    current Fab - Guy thread) become extremely tiresome and finally end up
    not worth reading. If you have a comedy team, one has to be the
    straight man and then it is easy to find others to play the fool.
    There are very few fools who can be funny all by themselves. They need
    the straight man more than the straight man needs them. All comedy
    teams are like this.

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  6. [email hidden] (Edward Dolan) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Howard <bishop(1199<<1)@yazhooz.com> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Edward Dolan) wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Edward Dolan) wrote in message

    I don't much give a dxxx who has the last word as long as it is a
    trivial last word.

    Nothing penultimate about this one, I bet. (roll eyes, gag, yawn).

    It is always ...(edited for brevity) ...Minnesota

    See? We told you.

  7. Ed,

    Gotcha!

    Perry B

  8. Ed,

    Gotcha twice!!

    Perry B

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.