"Jon Meinecke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:"Cletus Lee" <[email hidden]> wrote
Quoted message said:
[...] [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
[...] But this group is not ruined. I
post infrequently. Yet when I do, I consistently get valuable
information to my questions every time. As for Ed's contribution, I
certainly hopes it continues.
[Dolan] has had quite a bit of help from a few others. Does
that include you?
I could be missing something, but a quick Google confirms
[email hidden] as a not-too-frequent poster here, and at
least most recently on topic with postings to:
Re: Mid Ship Rack for Stratus?
Re: Loaded Touring on Stratus.... Panniers or Trailer?
Imagine the kind of jerk who would look up something like this? Why
doesn't this supreme [censored] look up his own posts to this group if he
wants to make a fool of himself? He is beyond belief!
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:People have gotten tired of Ed's foul mouthed drivel.
Those that could be posting relevant topics have left
or like me only check in infrequently.
Indeed.
Can't you just see him saying this ... Indeed! ... and thinking he is
being profound at the same time?
Quoted message said:The character of this newsgroup has changed substantially,
and not for the better, IMO.
The character of all newsgroups naturally change over time.
People come and go. We don't have Bob Cardone or
Alaska Beth or others in ARBR now. Even Joshua has
changed his name. %^) We had off-topic discussions
before, even political ones.
Who is Bob Cardone and Alaska Beth? Joshua I know and he is one of the
biggest assets to this newsgroup. I say this about him even though I
have had many run ins with him. It is too bad I can't say the same
about you. As far as I can see, you are nothing but a fuss budget and
a bore. As such you would have made an excellent catalog librarian.
You could then look up all sorts of trivia, like who posted what when.
Right up your alley!
Quoted message said:What is arguably different now is the determined and
specifically targeted redirection of this newsgroup by
fairly crude means, often vulgar, offensive, and abusive
posts. The primary perpetrator has clearly indicated
his motives and how he wishes to be perceived. His
words speak volumes. Some people continue to
"enable" him by responding to or egging on his,
as you say, "foul mouthed drivel."
How am I targeting anything, pray tell? I post what I want and
everyone else here is perfectly free to post what they want. You do
not make any sense and you never have. You are at least consistent
that way. By the way, there is no one on this newsgroup who eggs me on
more than you do. But of course you already know that.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:If you are guessing that those that see Ed as having a negative
impact on this NG oppose his politics, you are wrong. My political
leanings are a lot closer to Ed's than Tom's.
Others have said the same thing to me on this newsgroup (Cletus), but
I don't believe you. Where the hell were you when Sherman and his ilk
were all over the place mouthing their disgusting and revolting
opinions? You were with him. But honesty has never been one of your
virtues. You are ever the double-talker which passes for deep think
with you.
Quoted message said:Dolan paints Cletus and Tom with the same broad brush,--
now that's got to be a pretty clear indication that he's just
trolling, strutting a pose in the newsgroup, or is truly
incapable or uncaring of making even trivial distinctions.
Nope, all my angers are genuine. Sherman irritates me one way, Cletus
irritates me another way. You of course fall into a category of your
own and are unique for being beyond irritating. You engender suicidal
thoughts.
Quoted message said:It has been suggest before that Dolan is Tom's sock puppet.
I propose that Dolan is Fabrizio Mazzoleni's alter-alter ego.
Just think, has anyone ever seen Fabrizio and Dolan riding
in a paceline together (or riding at all)? They must be the
same person!
Pitiable vitriol-spouting, pinko-fighting, former librarian by night,--
self-parodying spandex-sporting, wedgie-riding, pretend Italian
by day!
Now we are seeing the real Meinecke like a peacock in all his plumage.
He means to compete with me in the arena of wit and wisdom. But poor
Fab is not even in my class. He is a one note Johnny (a piccolo
player) and I am a conductor of a vast symphony orchestra.
It constantly amazes me how many of you think that riding your bikes
is the one thing you apparently do best in this world and how you hold
it against anyone who does not ride hundreds of miles each and every
day. I will admit now that the years are starting to catch up with me
(and they will you too - every last one of you without exception) that
I only ride my bikes now for maybe an hour a day. I used to go out for
almost 4 hours everyday. Fast I never was, but very good for time and
distance. But in any event, I don't throw it up to anyone how many
miles or hours he spends on his bike. That is just so, so childish - I
can't tell you!
Ed Dolan - Minnesota
PS. I take it that all of you who are writing in to complain about
off-topic posts and about how this newsgroup is being ruined by them
are actually my biggest fans. I thank you one and all! It is truly
appreciated and I am very grateful and humbled by your many
enthusiastic responses to my posts.