Re: Raleigh CF bike recall

Donald Gillies

Guest
Jay Beattie wrote:

> There are grade school educated longshoremen making close to $300K a
> year in LA (with pay guarantees and OT). Compare that to a family
> practice physician with 10-12 years of post HS education and student
> loans making $140K.

liar liar pants on fire !!

come back and contribute when you can tell the TRUTH !!

Donald Gillies wrote:
> liar liar pants on fire !!
> come back and contribute when you can tell the TRUTH !!

Huh? Which part was not true?
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

A Muzi <[email protected]> writes:

>> Jay Beattie wrote:
>>> There are grade school educated longshoremen making close to $300K a
>>> year in LA (with pay guarantees and OT). Compare that to a family
>>> practice physician with 10-12 years of post HS education and student
>>> loans making $140K.

>Donald Gillies wrote:
>> liar liar pants on fire !!
>> come back and contribute when you can tell the TRUTH !!

>Huh? Which part was not true?

He was not talking about longshoremen, it was an exaggeration. At the
very least, he was talking about union bosses, which is a management
job encompassing hundreds of people who work - part time - under your
supervision.

I'm sorry to disappoint all you grade-school educated people out
there. Getting $300k for doing a menial job is a Republican myth,
right up there with "Welfare moms who drive cadillacs" (invented and
promulgated by that biggest liar of them all, R. Reagan.)

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

Donald Gillies wrote:
> A Muzi <[email protected]> writes:

>> Donald Gillies wrote:
>>> liar liar pants on fire !!
>>> come back and contribute when you can tell the TRUTH !!

>> Huh? Which part was not true?

> He was not talking about longshoremen, it was an exaggeration. At the
> very least, he was talking about union bosses, which is a management
> job encompassing hundreds of people who work - part time - under your
> supervision.
>
> I'm sorry to disappoint all you grade-school educated people out
> there. Getting $300k for doing a menial job is a Republican myth,
> right up there with "Welfare moms who drive cadillacs" (invented and
> promulgated by that biggest liar of them all, R. Reagan.)

When I was working in the big city, the people I supervised made more
than I did since they were unionized and non-exempt. Some of them had
only a high-school diploma and less than a year of work experience.

There are quite a few poor people driving Cadillacs in the neighborhoods
I frequent. Of course the Caddies are typically 20-25 years old with
rough interiors and bodywork, and usually burning some oil.

BEER IS FOOD

On Aug 17, 5:36 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Donald Gillies wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry to disappoint all you grade-school educated people out
> > there. Getting $300k for doing a menial job is a Republican myth,
> > right up there with "Welfare moms who drive cadillacs" (invented and
> > promulgated by that biggest liar of them all, R. Reagan.)

> There are quite a few poor people driving Cadillacs in the neighborhoods
> I frequent. Of course the Caddies are typically 20-25 years old with
> rough interiors and bodywork, and usually burning some oil.

Yes, that's correct. It's a lie of omission, where one paints a false
picture by stating the facts, just not ALL the facts. GOPers of all
stripes seem to be married to this kind of lying over the past 5
years, especially in matters of foreign policy.

I know for a fact that a crappy, clapped-out Cadillac can be had for
well under $1000. Perfect POS for the person who "needs" a car, but
can't afford reliability or economy. But painting a picture like the
welfare mom owns a *new* Cadillac is a nice piece of rhethoric that is
just short of outright lying. And note that it's not only right-wing
leaners that do this sort of thing. Saint Al does it too in his
global warming propaganda.

E.P.