Raleigh CF bike recall

"Ed Pirrero" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Aug 14, 11:33 am, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Ed Pirrero" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> > Yeah, local regulation works for some stuff, but not all. Your
>> > sweeping over-generalization of the state of (in)ability of the feds
>> > only makes you look like a fool. Or, more of a fool.

>> > E.P.

>> State of inability of the feds? Want to buy a FEMA trailer? It comes
>> with
>> a free bag of 2-year old ice that's been across the country a few times
>> in a
>> truck. Of course you will have to pay a gas guzzler tax on the tow
>> vehicle, just don't tow it over a bridge on the interstate. Maybe you
>> could take it to the border and fill it with illegals, if caught you can
>> claim discrimination & testify against the border guards and will be
>> given a
>> free no questions asked pass across the border. Yes Sir, the Feds do
>> thing
>> right.

> Like people in general, they goof.
>
> Unfortunately, folks like yourself expect them to be perfect, for
> free.

No, I just expect them to do their job in a reasonable and efficient way,
and be accountable for their screw ups, same as you or I would working for a
private company.

> Or, alternatively, regulate *the other guy*, but not me.

You've never heard me say "regulate" in any manner on any group, I just say
don't regulate me.

On Aug 14, 1:02 pm, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ed Pirrero" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > On Aug 14, 11:33 am, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> "Ed Pirrero" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> State of inability of the feds? Want to buy a FEMA trailer? It comes
> >> with
> >> a free bag of 2-year old ice that's been across the country a few times
> >> in a
> >> truck. Of course you will have to pay a gas guzzler tax on the tow
> >> vehicle, just don't tow it over a bridge on the interstate. Maybe you
> >> could take it to the border and fill it with illegals, if caught you can
> >> claim discrimination & testify against the border guards and will be
> >> given a
> >> free no questions asked pass across the border. Yes Sir, the Feds do
> >> thing
> >> right.

> > Like people in general, they goof.

> > Unfortunately, folks like yourself expect them to be perfect, for
> > free.

> No, I just expect them to do their job in a reasonable and efficient way,
> and be accountable for their screw ups, same as you or I would working for a
> private company.

And mostly, they are. Just like at any big private company.

You don't have a clue how things work in government, do you?

> > Or, alternatively, regulate *the other guy*, but not me.

> You've never heard me say "regulate" in any manner on any group, I just say
> don't regulate me.

Except that's not possible. No regulation = anarchy, and anarchy
invites despotism.

And if you are like any of the other small-minded "don't regulate me"
types, you'll ***** loudest when someone does something that's
allowed, but that you don't like.

There are places in this great, wide world that have very few
regulations. Pretty much anything goes.

Too bad they are universally considered shitholes by civilized
people. Hmmm, I wonder if a causal relationship exists...

E.P.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:59:26 -0700, Jay Beattie
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Is everything a conspiracy to you JT? I never said everybody and
>their brother was making nearly $300K. I said there were some people
>who were -

And I asked you if it was common. And then asked again and got a
reference to a long document and finally you pointed it out to me.

The straightforward answer in the first place would have been "No."
Simple.
--
JT
****************************

<[email protected]> wrote:

>You also ignore the dozens of people making well over $200K and
>nearly $300K

How did I ignore them? By not writing about them?. I didn't write
about the guy up the street from me making a couple million in hedge
funds, the fact that I ate some rice noodles for dinner and the
temperature in my city was in the 80s.

Sorry.

If you want to ask me some specific question related to something I
said, and I don't respond, that is real ignoring.
--
JT
****************************

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:33:41 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:

>just don't tow it over a bridge on the interstate.

The problems with our nations infrastructure is due to nutjobs like
you that make appropriate government spending difficult.
--
JT
****************************

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:02:13 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:

>No, I just expect them to do their job in a reasonable and efficient way,
>and be accountable for their screw ups, same as you or I would working for a
>private company.

You don't seem to be aware that there are huge amounts of subsidies to
private business in the US.
--
JT
****************************

"Ed Pirrero" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> No, I just expect them to do their job in a reasonable and efficient way,
>> and be accountable for their screw ups, same as you or I would working
>> for a
>> private company.

> And mostly, they are. Just like at any big private company.

NONSENSE

> You don't have a clue how things work in government, do you?

I have a very good clue how things work in government, mainly it doesn't,
but why don't you tell me how it works since you are obviously the expert.

> Except that's not possible. No regulation = anarchy, and anarchy
> invites despotism.

A typical Liberal attitude, "we must regulate, tax or eliminate"

> And if you are like any of the other small-minded "don't regulate me"
> types, you'll ***** loudest when someone does something that's
> allowed, but that you don't like.

I don't think it's being "small minded" to want to have control over your
own destiny. who would ever want to put their future in the hands of a
beuracrat, especially when that beuracrat was most likely hired based on
his social status, and even more so likely graduated at the bottom of his
class.

> E.P.

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:33:41 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>just don't tow it over a bridge on the interstate.

> The problems with our nations infrastructure is due to nutjobs like
> you that make appropriate government spending difficult.
> --
> JT

No it's politicians that you support that divert money intended on
infrastructure improvements to social programs and pork projects.

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:02:13 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>No, I just expect them to do their job in a reasonable and efficient way,
>>and be accountable for their screw ups, same as you or I would working for
>>private company.

> You don't seem to be aware that there are huge amounts of subsidies to
> private business in the US.
> --
> JT

I'm aware of it, doesn't mean I approve it. But how does that affect the
way a government bureaucrat performs his job?

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
> Here is a failing of the free market. Customers/clients are not able to
> properly judge the quality of service, so those who do good work are not
> compensated any more than those who do shoddy work. (This problem goes
> far beyond bicycle service.)
>
>> envy is not a beautiful thing. Get over it.
>> (or take a night school MBA and make some money - your choice!)

> Not at all the case. Would you consider it envy for someone to state
> theft should be prevented, judging that they are simply envious of the
> thief for getting something without working for it?
>
> The greatest theft in society is done by the rich, and it is legal (but
> immoral).

You seem to have a very small understanding of the issues and a lot of
emotional baggage preventing you from a larger perspective. Income
groups in USA are extremely dynamic. I noted earlier that almost no
real wealth here is inherited. Michael Dell and Bill Gates are more
typical. Of those few, do you really fear Paris Hilton??

The Italians were 'on the outs' when my family arrived. Now Italians
run not only the mob but a good chunk of America, all parts of society.
Remember the early 90s LA riots - Koreans were persecuted because they
came here with 37c and no English yet were resented a few years later
because they owned entire neighborhoods. The Cubans are reviled in Miami
primarily because they work, they save and they vote. They worked hard
and saved, some 'cheating', huh? The guys hanging out on the corner
passing a beer sure resent others' achievement. Doesn't make work wrong
in any way.

Pure envy drives a lot of this. That and the guilt of not having worked
and saved. There are no barriers here in USA from taking a second job,
renting out a room, flipping cars, making a startup home business (all
things I have done personally) for a few years to get going. Or of
course you could ***** about 'systemic unfairness'.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

>> Tim McNamara <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> There aren't any unions for doctors or lawyers, AFAIK. I vaguely
>>> recall that it may actually be illegal for doctors to unionize. The
>>> American Medical Association fills some of the role of a union but
>>> does not do collective bargaining.

> Michael Press wrote:
>> They set the rates and buy congress-critters.

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
> The AMA also disrupts the free market by artificially limiting the
> supply of physicians.

I'm with Tom Sherman on this.
(although I did pause to ponder for a minute)

There is not a spectrum of service providers as there once was.
Political discussion centering on 'insurance' misses the big picture. In
every other kind of service you have a broad choice of who/where to go -
not so in medical now. And the huge administrative waste/overhead makes
prices climb at a steep slope compared to physician recompense which has
barely moved.

I used to have wens periodically removed by a local dermatologist. Ten
minutes, $40 or $50. The last time I visited he said "I've joined a
medical group. We'll send you a bill".

Ten minutes of "minor office surgery $650". Never went back.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

>> "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> No one works for the minimum wage, except a few part time jobs. You
>>> Dems have taken care of that with many welfare programs, earned
>>> income credit, free cell phones, food stamps, child care cash,
>>> housing assistance, free gas for cars, etc, etc.

> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> Rant on please. Rant on.
>> I'd love you to use your full name too. Not that anyone here will
>> bother you offline, but rather to signify pride in your beliefs.

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
> I always wonder why some right-wingers are so shy when it comes to
> standing behind their beliefs? It is not like they would get persecuted
> for voicing them (unless they believe the Commies in the Black UN
> Helicopters [TM] are coming to take over any day).

I'm not shy.
The UN is a major force for evil in the world - right up there with N
Korea and Iran. Fortunately they couldn't manage a helicopter attack if
their lives depended on it. Nothing to fear in that regard. They run
more to corruption, outright theft, child slavery, enabling/excusing
vicious dictatorships. Pathetic, not scary.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:03:13 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>No one works for the minimum wage, except a few part time jobs. You
>>Dems have taken care of that with many welfare programs, earned income
>>credit, free cell phones, food stamps, child care cash, housing
>>assistance,
>>free gas for cars, etc, etc.

> Rant on please. Rant on.
>
> I'd love you to use your full name too. Not that anyone here will
> bother you offline, but rather to signify pride in your beliefs.
>
> --
> JT

Why is so important that you know who I am, it wouldn't change either of our
opinions. I could really care less who you are.

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:03:13 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> No one works for the minimum wage, except a few part time jobs. You
>>> Dems have taken care of that with many welfare programs, earned income
>>> credit, free cell phones, food stamps, child care cash, housing
>>> assistance, free gas for cars, etc, etc.

>> Rant on please. Rant on. I'd love you to use your full name too. Not
>> that anyone here will
>> bother you offline, but rather to signify pride in your beliefs.

> I always wonder why some right-wingers are so shy when it comes to
> standing behind their beliefs? It is not like they would get persecuted
> for voicing them (unless they believe the Commies in the Black UN
> Helicopters [TM] are coming to take over any day).
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> "I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition"

Not shy, it's just none of your business, get over it.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:46:48 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:02:13 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>No, I just expect them to do their job in a reasonable and efficient way,
>>>and be accountable for their screw ups, same as you or I would working for
>>>private company.

>> You don't seem to be aware that there are huge amounts of subsidies to
>> private business in the US.
>> --
>> JT

>I'm aware of it, doesn't mean I approve it. But how does that affect the
>way a government bureaucrat performs his job?

My point is the private sector in the US is not immune to poor
performance and waste of public resources.
--
JT
****************************

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:21:50 -0500, A Muzi <[email protected]>
wrote:

>The UN is a major force for evil in the world - right up there with N
>Korea and Iran.

The UN has been instrumental in massive successes in public health
around the world. I wasn't aware that Iran and North Korea did such
things.

--
JT
****************************

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:26:47 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:03:13 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>No one works for the minimum wage, except a few part time jobs. You
>>>Dems have taken care of that with many welfare programs, earned income
>>>credit, free cell phones, food stamps, child care cash, housing
>>>assistance,
>>>free gas for cars, etc, etc.

>> Rant on please. Rant on.
>>
>> I'd love you to use your full name too. Not that anyone here will
>> bother you offline, but rather to signify pride in your beliefs.
>>

>Why is so important that you know who I am, it wouldn't change either of our
>opinions. I could really care less who you are.

I'm just pointing out that you're apparently ashamed of your views.

--
JT
****************************

A Muzi wrote:

>> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>>> Rant on please. Rant on.
>>> I'd love you to use your full name too. Not that anyone here will
>>> bother you offline, but rather to signify pride in your beliefs.

> Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
>> I always wonder why some right-wingers are so shy when it comes to
>> standing behind their beliefs? It is not like they would get
>> persecuted for voicing them (unless they believe the Commies in the
>> Black UN Helicopters [TM] are coming to take over any day).

> I'm not shy.
> The UN is a major force for evil in the world - right up there with N
> Korea and Iran. Fortunately they couldn't manage a helicopter attack
> if their lives depended on it. Nothing to fear in that regard. They
> run more to corruption, outright theft, child slavery,
> enabling/excusing vicious dictatorships. Pathetic, not scary.

True...but very dangerous. I say kick 'em the hell out of NYC.

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:26:47 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> Rant on please. Rant on.
>>>
>>> I'd love you to use your full name too. Not that anyone here will
>>> bother you offline, but rather to signify pride in your beliefs.
>>>

>>Why is so important that you know who I am, it wouldn't change either of
>>our
>>opinions. I could really care less who you are.

> I'm just pointing out that you're apparently ashamed of your views.
>
> --
> JT

I'm not ashamed of any of my views because they aren't views, they're firm
beliefs based on actual experience. I don't feel I have to share something
personal with a couple of nobodies like you and Sunset. You can point out
all you want.

We've ripped old "Raleigh CF" up so much time to move on and wait for
another subject.

-snip snip snip-
Jay Beattie wrote:
> Is everything a conspiracy to you JT? I never said everybody and
> their brother was making nearly $300K. I said there were some people
> who were -- and that was based on my knowledge of particular workers
> in Long Beach and without the help of the PMA info that I cited. That
> info shows I was right -- and that info only refers to west coast
> ports and not NJ, NY and many other huge ports in the east or on the
> Gulf. You also ignore the dozens of people making well over $200K and
> nearly $300K (my original statement was "close to" $300K). You only
> focus on the "over $300K" -- and some "close to" $400K. You also
> ignore the overall pay scale for bosses and the AVERAGE pay of $210K.
> That is for doing work that is less hard than being a construction
> superintendent. Clerks make an average of $163K for doing work that
> could be handled by a highschooler. -- Jay Beattie.

$163K _and_ the the filthy rich bastards exploit Tom Sherman.