Re: Really bad weather - what to wear

Peter Clinch

Guest
Heracles Pollux wrote:

> If you wear water-proofs then you still get wet feet, mud in the hair, down
> the neck

Mud doesn't fall out of the sky, it only gets thrown up from the bike.
I'd suggest a decent set of mudguards would make your life a lot more
comfortable.

> But what do you wear in weather like this?

If it weren't off road then a Leitra would do nicely, but it is off-road...

> How odd would it be to go cycling in just swimming trunks in this country,
> especially when you're mid 30s and, erm, very slightly larger than small
> size?

Not uncommon if you happen to be a triathlete.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK