Re: RR: SSWC (Part 3)

Corvus Corvax wrote:

> The frame I am riding, a 1991 Giant Sedona, dates to this period....

I had a Giant 780X (is that right?) back in '88. That's when mtb seat
tubes were around the same size as a road bike's. High, ball-smashing
top tubes. That thing tried to kill me 100 times, but I was cutting my
teeth then.

<snippery of suffering>

> "Come take a look at this!" she announces proudly. She draws a small
> crowd, bent over her rear wheel. She has done a McGuyver on her
> tensioner:
>
> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/255709/McGuyver.jpg

Wow....
Freekin' brilliant! I've never seen that before. There's no reason to
design one in carbon fiber....

> I console
> myself as she disappears that, were I not on a rigid, I would be flying
> down the hill too. I am then immediately passed at high speed by two
> guys on rigids. My ego is thoroughly deflated.

HAH!

The Dirt Rag guys pass me again,
> making animal noises.

Double HAH!

> It has been about four and a half hours. We ride the last mile of the
> course together.
>
> After that, we go out and get stinking wasted.
>
> CC

BRAVO!

/s

<Corvus Corvax wrote:
> The frame I am riding, a 1991 Giant Sedona, dates to this period....<

What was J riding.. Carla and I were trying to think back...

> After that, we go out and get stinking wasted.

I will never live this down.. Thanks for the RR... It was like sticking the stake furthur in my heart... Next time my Mom turns 80... I'm going to the SSWC instaed of her stinking party...
While you were out there suffering and having all of the fun I was manning the BBQ, sweating and thinking of what you two were up to...

Jimbo... inconsolable...(san)

[email protected] wrote:

> I had a Giant 780X (is that right?) back in '88. That's when mtb seat
> tubes were around the same size as a road bike's. High, ball-smashing
> top tubes. That thing tried to kill me 100 times, but I was cutting my
> teeth then.

I have about an inch of standover on the Giant. You gotta be careful
riding a bike like that...

CC

Jimbo (san) wrote:

> What was J riding.. Carla and I were trying to think back...

A '95 Diamondback Ascent.

CC