Re: RR: The return of the singlespeed

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> The singlespeed is back.

<shnip>

> Later inspectin reveals that it wasn't the freewheel that failed: I had
> threaded it on the hub wrong, and it had stripped the threads in one
> big zip.

Wow. It's that easy to do, huh? I'm not sure I understand how that
happened. I'd think that if you threaded it on 'backward' you'd spin
the freewheel when you pedaled.....

/s

[email protected] wrote:

> Wow. It's that easy to do, huh? I'm not sure I understand how that
> happened. I'd think that if you threaded it on 'backward' you'd spin
> the freewheel when you pedaled.....

Now there's a thought. Sorta like a fixed gear that you can't pedal
forward...

I didn't put it on _backwards_, you goof. I think it was either
cross-threaded or the freewheel was itself defective in some way. I'm
not sure which. I have found ACS Claws freewheels to be pretty much
bomb-proof, but their initial quality is spotty. Got one for the wife's
fixie that was actually elliptical: as you might imagine, a biopace
rear cog is not what you want on a fixed gear rig.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > Wow. It's that easy to do, huh? I'm not sure I understand how that
> > happened. I'd think that if you threaded it on 'backward' you'd spin
> > the freewheel when you pedaled.....

> Now there's a thought. Sorta like a fixed gear that you can't pedal
> forward...
>
> I didn't put it on _backwards_, you goof. I think it was either
> cross-threaded or the freewheel was itself defective in some way. I'm
> not sure which. I have found ACS Claws freewheels to be pretty much
> bomb-proof, but their initial quality is spotty. Got one for the wife's
> fixie that was actually elliptical: as you might imagine, a biopace
> rear cog is not what you want on a fixed gear rig.
>
> CC

Dearest Cing Cong,

You cross-threaded a freewheel onto a hub? And you're calling ME a
goof? Maybe you should check the torque setting on your sledge hammer.

/s