Re: Science Proves Mountain Biking Is More Harmful Than Hiking

I submit that on or about Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:42:42 GMT, the person
known to the court as Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> made a
statement (<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>.>.X: the unknown quantity. Spurt: a drip under pressure.
>.>Your failure to think of a single expert is duly noted.

>.You got that right.

>BS. I didn't say that.

Let me see: you said "your failure to think of a single expert is duly
noted". Yes, in fact, as the record shows, you did say exactly that.

This is a thread including you and you are completely right, I still
cannot think of a single expert on the subject.

Obviously it's negligible, despite your attempts to pretend otherwise.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:31:45 -0300, Jason <[email protected]> wrote:

..* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> .bwhahaha, you owe me a new keyboard and monitor mike. That much curry
..> .> .> .will never come out. That is without a doubt the best laugh I've had all
..> .> .> .week, maybe longer. "worlds most formost expert" bwhahahah Please stop
..> .> .> .it's starting to hurt.
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> .Jason
..> .> .>
..> .> .> Then who is it? This should be good for a laugh. I predict you will refuse to
..> .> .> name even ONE.
..> .> .
..> .> .Actually unlike you I can be honest and tell the truth. I have no idea
..> .> .who would be the worlds formost expert on mountain biking and the damage
..> .> .it causes. I do know that it's definatly not you.
..> .>
..> .> You just contradicted yourself! First you said "I have no idea who would be the
..> .> worlds formost expert on mountain biking and the damage it causes", then you
..> .> said "I do know that it's definatly not you". One of those OBVIOUSLY
..> .> CONTRADICTORY statements must be a LIE, and it's NOT the first one!!!!! ROTFL.
..> .> Thanks for the laugh!
..> .>
..> .
..> .Nope theres no contadictory statements in my response mikey. You can not
..> .know who the worlds formost is but also know its not someone.
..> .
..> .For example, I don't know who the worlds best rock climber is but I do
..> .know it's not me,
..>
..> Because you know yourself.
..
..Which is more then you can say about anything.
..
..>
..> just as I don't know who the worlds formost expert on
..> .mountain biking and the damage caused by it is but I also definatly know
..> .it's not you.
..>
..> No you don't, because you don't know me.
..
..
..Sure I do mike, anyone who's managed to read the dribble you post here
..and that farce you call a webpage knows you and you are definatly not
..the worlds formost expert on mountain biking.

That's circular reasoning. You obviously know NOTHING.

What's your PHD in again?
..What are you qualifications regarding mountain biking and the alleged
..damage it causes?
..
..Jason

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> .> No you don't, because you don't know me.
> .
> .
> .Sure I do mike, anyone who's managed to read the dribble you post here
> .and that farce you call a webpage knows you and you are definatly not
> .the worlds formost expert on mountain biking.
>
> That's circular reasoning. You obviously know NOTHING.
>
> What's your PHD in again?

I never said I had one mike, you're the one who goes on and on about
having a PHD. Of course as I recall it has nothing to do with any
enviromental science but of course in your mind that doesn't matter it's
the letters that do.

> .What are you qualifications regarding mountain biking and the alleged
> .damage it causes?

I notice you couldn't answer this one, interesting.

Jason

Jason wrote:
> * Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> > .> No you don't, because you don't know me.
> > .
> > .
> > .Sure I do mike, anyone who's managed to read the dribble you post here
> > .and that farce you call a webpage knows you and you are definatly not
> > .the worlds formost expert on mountain biking.
> >
> > That's circular reasoning. You obviously know NOTHING.
> >
> > What's your PHD in again?

> I never said I had one mike, you're the one who goes on and on about
> having a PHD.

The posession of advanced education is not required for advanced
scientific thought.

If you will remember, Einstein did not have a PhD in physics when he
came up with his theory.

Likewise, having a PhD does not qualify one for advanced thought.
Plenty of PhDs do not apply their studies to their current positions.

Mike's ideas would be laughed off in any real peer-review situation.
That's why his ernestness is so frickin' hilarious.

> Of course as I recall it has nothing to do with any
> enviromental science but of course in your mind that doesn't matter it's
> the letters that do.
>
> > .What are you qualifications regarding mountain biking and the alleged
> > .damage it causes?

> I notice you couldn't answer this one, interesting.

He doesn't have any, other than the imagined ones....

E.P.

> On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 06:50:48 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]>
>
> .

> .> .you not been published,
> .>
> .> My paper WAS published. DUH!
> .Then please enlighten me, which scientific journal have you had your
> .mountain bike/hiking thesis published?
>
> That's for you to find. As if you were capable....

More lies.
Your 'peer reviewed' 'thesis' hasnt been published, apart from within the
pacbell webspace you own.
But of course you cant admit it your failure, can you?

Mark wrote:

> More lies.
> Your 'peer reviewed' 'thesis' hasnt been published, apart from within the
> pacbell webspace you own.

MV is hardly an expert.

Look at all the papers by _acknowledged_ experts, all of which reach the
same conclusion, that hiking and mountain biking have about equal impact
on trails, that equestrians do much more damage than either mountain
biking or hiking, and that mountain biking is the least disruptive to
wildlife. Of course I would submit that a solitary hiker doesn't disrupt
wildlife any more than a solitary cyclist, but the reality is that
hikers tend to often hike in large noisy groups (though I met my wife on
one such hike!).

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:18:37 -0300, Jason <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]

I'm the world expert on the subject, partly because no one else will tell the
truth.

..I notice you couldn't answer this one, interesting.
..
..
..Jason

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 3 Oct 2005 20:04:43 -0700, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
..Jason wrote:
..> * Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
..> > .> No you don't, because you don't know me.
..> > .
..> > .
..> > .Sure I do mike, anyone who's managed to read the dribble you post here
..> > .and that farce you call a webpage knows you and you are definatly not
..> > .the worlds formost expert on mountain biking.
..> >
..> > That's circular reasoning. You obviously know NOTHING.
..> >
..> > What's your PHD in again?
..>
..> I never said I had one mike, you're the one who goes on and on about
..> having a PHD.
..
..The posession of advanced education is not required for advanced
..scientific thought.
..
..If you will remember, Einstein did not have a PhD in physics when he
..came up with his theory.
..
..Likewise, having a PhD does not qualify one for advanced thought.
..Plenty of PhDs do not apply their studies to their current positions.
..
..Mike's ideas would be laughed off in any real peer-review situation.

Hasn't happened yet. You obviously know NOTHING about it.

..That's why his ernestness is so frickin' hilarious.
..
..> Of course as I recall it has nothing to do with any
..> enviromental science but of course in your mind that doesn't matter it's
..> the letters that do.
..>
..> > .What are you qualifications regarding mountain biking and the alleged
..> > .damage it causes?
..>
..> I notice you couldn't answer this one, interesting.
..
..He doesn't have any, other than the imagined ones....
..
..E.P.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:59:26 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 06:50:48 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]>
..> wrote:
..>
..> .
..
..> .> .you not been published,
..> .>
..> .> My paper WAS published. DUH!
..> .Then please enlighten me, which scientific journal have you had your
..> .mountain bike/hiking thesis published?
..>
..> That's for you to find. As if you were capable....
..
..More lies.
..Your 'peer reviewed' 'thesis' hasnt been published, apart from within the
..pacbell webspace you own.
..But of course you cant admit it your failure, can you?

So you admit you can't find it?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 22:38:40 GMT, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:

..Mark wrote:
..
..> More lies.
..> Your 'peer reviewed' 'thesis' hasnt been published, apart from within the
..> pacbell webspace you own.
..
..MV is hardly an expert.
..
..Look at all the papers by _acknowledged_ experts, all of which reach the
..same conclusion, that hiking and mountain biking have about equal impact
..on trails,

Conveniently, you aren't able to name even ONE of those alleged "experts".

that equestrians do much more damage than either mountain
..biking or hiking, and that mountain biking is the least disruptive to
..wildlife. Of course I would submit that a solitary hiker doesn't disrupt
..wildlife any more than a solitary cyclist, but the reality is that
..hikers tend to often hike in large noisy groups (though I met my wife on
..one such hike!).

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On 3 Oct 2005 20:04:43 -0700, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> .
> .Jason wrote:
> .> * Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> .> > .> No you don't, because you don't know me.
> .> > .
> .> > .
> .> > .Sure I do mike, anyone who's managed to read the dribble you post
> here
> .> > .and that farce you call a webpage knows you and you are definatly
> not
> .> > .the worlds formost expert on mountain biking.
> .> >
> .> > That's circular reasoning. You obviously know NOTHING.
> .> >
> .> > What's your PHD in again?
> .>
> .> I never said I had one mike, you're the one who goes on and on about
> .> having a PHD.
> .
> .The posession of advanced education is not required for advanced
> .scientific thought.
> .
> .If you will remember, Einstein did not have a PhD in physics when he
> .came up with his theory.
> .
> .Likewise, having a PhD does not qualify one for advanced thought.
> .Plenty of PhDs do not apply their studies to their current positions.
> .
> .Mike's ideas would be laughed off in any real peer-review situation.
>
> Hasn't happened yet. You obviously know NOTHING about it.

thats because you havent put it up for peer review isnt it?

And yet you blatantly LIE that its been reviewed. Seems you act in the exact
way you accuse bikers of acting and hold with such scorn.
I beleive the term 'projection' fits perfectly.
It would also explain the campaign, you know hiking is harmful yet still do
it,and project the guilt of that, as well as the self loathing of your own
failings, that you are obviously a habitual liar (see this thread , claimed
to have had a web page peer reviewed, claimed to have environmental
qualifications, claimed to be a worlds foremost expert). All things you
accuse bikers of on a weekly basis, are the core of your being.

> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:18:37 -0300, Jason <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> .> .> No you don't, because you don't know me.
> .> .
> .> .
> .> .Sure I do mike, anyone who's managed to read the dribble you post here
> .> .and that farce you call a webpage knows you and you are definatly not
> .> .the worlds formost expert on mountain biking.
> .>
> .> That's circular reasoning. You obviously know NOTHING.
> .>
> .> What's your PHD in again?
> .
> .I never said I had one mike, you're the one who goes on and on about
> .having a PHD. Of course as I recall it has nothing to do with any
> .enviromental science but of course in your mind that doesn't matter it's
> .the letters that do.
> .
> .> .What are you qualifications regarding mountain biking and the alleged
> .> .damage it causes?
>
> I'm the world expert on the subject, partly because no one else will tell
> the
> truth.

Then why are you not on the concultation boards of the various national
parksi n the US, or the major land owners of the world, why havent the
forestery commssion in the UK seek you out for advice, seeing as they
consulted with several experts from different countries when formulating the
long term plans for leisure access to their land here in the UK.
being as they have spent many millions developing the mountain bike side of
the leisure access, why did they have other environmental experts over from
the US to advise and not you? Why would they get second best Mr vanderman?
Because, like you haveing a web page peer reviewed its another lie.
Of course, like most psychotics, you will keep repeating the same thing over
and over, because in a disturbed mind, saying something over and over makes
it real.
Where are your books? Where is the study you performed and the data you
collected , then had published to garner you with this title.
You have never done a study though, have you? You just alter the conclusions
of other peoples scientific work without any just reasoning and claim they
then support you, when in actual fact taking the full, uncut studies, not
one, even those on your web site, actually support anything you say.

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 07:58:56 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On 3 Oct 2005 20:04:43 -0700, "[email protected]"
..> <[email protected]>
..> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> .Jason wrote:
..> .> * Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
..> .> > .> No you don't, because you don't know me.
..> .> > .
..> .> > .
..> .> > .Sure I do mike, anyone who's managed to read the dribble you post
..> here
..> .> > .and that farce you call a webpage knows you and you are definatly
..> not
..> .> > .the worlds formost expert on mountain biking.
..> .> >
[...]

It HAS been reviewed. You just can't find the review.

Seems you act in the exact
..way you accuse bikers of acting and hold with such scorn.
..I beleive the term 'projection' fits perfectly.
..It would also explain the campaign, you know hiking is harmful yet still do
..it,and project the guilt of that, as well as the self loathing of your own
..failings, that you are obviously a habitual liar (see this thread , claimed
..to have had a web page peer reviewed, claimed to have environmental
..qualifications, claimed to be a worlds foremost expert). All things you
..accuse bikers of on a weekly basis, are the core of your being.
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:09:41 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
[...]

Did you say something ... meaningful? ... honest? NOPE!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> .> .Mike's ideas would be laughed off in any real peer-review situation.
> .>
> .> Hasn't happened yet. You obviously know NOTHING about it.
> .
> .thats because you havent put it up for peer review isnt it?
> .
> .And yet you blatantly LIE that its been reviewed.
>
> It HAS been reviewed. You just can't find the review.

Then enlighten us oh great one and tell us where the review is so we
too can read it.

Jason

Mike Vanderham wrote:
> .What are you qualifications regarding mountain biking and the alleged
> .> .damage it causes?
>
> I'm the world expert on the subject, partly because no one else will tell the
> truth.

So you have no qualifications then other then the ones you made up? Fair
enough, I know children that do that too but they at least have a good
excuse.

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:28:40 -0300, Jason <[email protected]> wrote:

..* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
..> .> .Mike's ideas would be laughed off in any real peer-review situation.
..> .>
..> .> Hasn't happened yet. You obviously know NOTHING about it.
..> .
..> .thats because you havent put it up for peer review isnt it?
..> .
..> .And yet you blatantly LIE that its been reviewed.
..>
..> It HAS been reviewed. You just can't find the review.
..>
..
..Then enlighten us oh great one and tell us where the review is so we
..too can read it.

Do your homework.

..Jason

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Jason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Vanderham wrote:
>> .What are you qualifications regarding mountain biking and the alleged .>
>> .damage it causes? I'm the world expert on the subject, partly because no
>> one else will tell the
>> truth.
>>

> So you have no qualifications then other then the ones you made up? Fair
> enough, I know children that do that too but they at least have a good
> excuse.

Mike has one too. It's called mental illness...........

news:p[email protected]...
> [...]
> .Because, like you haveing a web page peer reviewed its another lie.
> .Of course, like most psychotics, you will keep repeating the same thing
> over
> .and over, because in a disturbed mind, saying something over and over
> makes
> .it real.
> .Where are your books? Where is the study you performed and the data you
> .collected , then had published to garner you with this title.
> .You have never done a study though, have you? You just alter the
> conclusions
> .of other peoples scientific work without any just reasoning and claim
> they
> .then support you, when in actual fact taking the full, uncut studies, not
> .one, even those on your web site, actually support anything you say.
>
> Did you say something ... meaningful? ... honest? NOPE!

yet you have no answer?
ironic you talk about honesty in a thread where you have lied about having
your 'work' published in a revioew journal, about your qualifications and
about your standing in the environmental heirarchy.
of course you cant answer where your books and studies are, because you
havent written either.
Why the people actually making desicions about the worlds land management
and preservation do not contact you about the plans for furture leisure
management, because that would break the 'worlds foremost expert' illusion
that is so real in your head, and so, like the true psychotic, the difficult
to explain away is simply ignored.

carry on, keep ignoring the question, to every sane person reading you just
prove me more correct with each answer.

> On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:59:26 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 06:50:48 GMT, "Mark" <[email protected]>
> .> wrote:
> .>
> .> .
> .
> .> .> .you not been published,
> .> .>
> .> .> My paper WAS published. DUH!
> .> .Then please enlighten me, which scientific journal have you had your
> .> .mountain bike/hiking thesis published?
> .>
> .> That's for you to find. As if you were capable....
> .
> .More lies.
> .Your 'peer reviewed' 'thesis' hasnt been published, apart from within the
> .pacbell webspace you own.
> .But of course you cant admit it your failure, can you?
>
> So you admit you can't find it?

Find it?
I havent looked. Why would I? Given your 'literature review' has no
inclusion or search criteria, and even goes so far as to change the
conclusions of the studies under 'review' to say something different to the
authors, Im fully aware of its worth in a scientific environment.
Of course, you are playing scemantics here, I have no doubt you are about to
pull some triumphant throw away comment on your work from years ago
somewhere into this, and then launch a personal attack against me with your
'proof' , in the hope that people will not look too closely at the
'evidence', which will be a comment, and not a scientific appraisal obtained
from the readers of an acknowledged review journal.
Not that you have become predictable in your mindless ranting of course.