Re: Shortened Tour of America announced

Michael Baldwin

Guest
Magilla says - Keep up the smart aleck attitude and I'll put your
dentist in a higher tax bracket.

...cool boast, thanks for sharing.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Don't you think it's only logical progression that after AlGore invented
the internet he had to save the earth?

Wait a minute Maggie while I remove my plate...OK, slap me silly...

"Michael Baldwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Magilla says - Keep up the smart aleck attitude and I'll put your
> dentist in a higher tax bracket.
>
> ..cool boast, thanks for sharing.
>
> Best Regards - Mike Baldwin
>
> Don't you think it's only logical progression that after AlGore invented
> the internet he had to save the earth?
>
> Wait a minute Maggie while I remove my plate...OK, slap me silly...

I would love to meet Magilla face to face but then he would never do such a
thing.

TK says - I would love to meet Magilla face to face but then he would
never do such a thing.

...the persona known as Magilla Gorilla is, in my opinion, a very gifted
writer. This person makes me laugh.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

> TK says - I would love to meet Magilla face to face but then he would
> never do such a thing.
>
> ..the persona known as Magilla Gorilla is, in my opinion, a very gifted
> writer. This person makes me laugh.

But he has an annoying habit of sometimes switching gears and becoming
reasonable (to make a point) at times. Most of his writings are way out
there, but then he'll come back to earth and adopt a very civil tone and
rational argument.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

On Dec 18, 12:14 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > TK says - I would love to meet Magilla face to face but then he would
> > never do such a thing.

> > ..the persona known as Magilla Gorilla is, in my opinion, a very gifted
> > writer. This person makes me laugh.

> But he has an annoying habit of sometimes switching gears and becoming
> reasonable (to make a point) at times. Most of his writings are way out
> there, but then he'll come back to earth and adopt a very civil tone and
> rational argument.

Yep, nothing manic there, folks. Move along.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 05:14:30 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> TK says - I would love to meet Magilla face to face but then he would
>> never do such a thing.
>>
>> ..the persona known as Magilla Gorilla is, in my opinion, a very gifted
>> writer. This person makes me laugh.

>But he has an annoying habit of sometimes switching gears and becoming
>reasonable (to make a point) at times. Most of his writings are way out
>there, but then he'll come back to earth and adopt a very civil tone and
>rational argument.

They're not that far out there. They take things pretty far, but
there's usually some truth in them, which might be why he annoys you
so much.

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> But he has an annoying habit of sometimes switching gears and becoming
> reasonable (to make a point) at times. Most of his writings are way out
> there, but then he'll come back to earth and adopt a very civil tone and
> rational argument.

The better to screw with you.

Bob Schwartz

In article <[email protected]>,
John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 05:14:30 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> TK says - I would love to meet Magilla face to face but then he would
> >> never do such a thing.
> >>
> >> ..the persona known as Magilla Gorilla is, in my opinion, a very gifted
> >> writer. This person makes me laugh.

> >But he has an annoying habit of sometimes switching gears and becoming
> >reasonable (to make a point) at times. Most of his writings are way out
> >there, but then he'll come back to earth and adopt a very civil tone and
> >rational argument.
> >

> They're not that far out there. They take things pretty far, but
> there's usually some truth in them, which might be why he annoys you
> so much.

There's a guy named Tyler Cowen who is one of the posters at an
econ-prof blog called Marginal Revolution. Every so often, when he wants
to make a contra-his-real-feelings point, he turns over the blog to his
alter ego, Tyrone. (eg Tyrone makes the principled case for rent
control, etc.)

The difference is that when Tyler posts as Tyrone, he's being insincere.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing