UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: spokes and small wheels (and a missing bolt)

Started by David Martin · · Last activity · 1 post · 395 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
7 May 2005
Last activity
7 May 2005
Original author
David Martin
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
395
Views / 30 days
3
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Pete Biggs said:
    David Martin said:

    First up, where is a good place to get spokes online? I am about to
    build up a couple of rims for the fixie project. MA3 look like a good
    deal on Wiggle with the £5 e-voucher.

    www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/catalogue/index.cfm for DT Comp @ 25p ea.

    Parker International for ACI ss db @ 20p ea. Spokes not on website so
    would need to order by email/phone.

    Or www.roseversand.de

    OK. I could try the LBS as well

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Whilst I am at it, I want to build the shopper wheels into better
    rims, ie non chrome. I'll shift the chrome ones to the new trailer
    project. Any recommendations for a good place to get cheap alloy rims
    for a 20" wheel (not sure what size jsut yet as I forgot to look - it
    is a dawes kingpin.)

    Only online supplier of them I know is St John Street.

    Hmm..

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And finally, having made a fixed hub by brazingsolid an old cassette
    freehub body

    Blimey!

    I had the hub anyway on an old wheel. The wheel was going to be junked so I
    thought it would be worth a try. And it is definitely fixed now ;-)

    I suppose I don't really need the bolt as the axle should hold it together..

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I have gone and lost the fixing bolt (bah!).

    Sonic screwdriver?

    Nope. Not got one of those. Got a sonic hedgehog though.

    ...d

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.