UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: spokes and small wheels (and a missing bolt)

Started by David Martin · · Last activity · 3 posts · 431 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
8 May 2005
Last activity
8 May 2005
Original author
David Martin
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
431
Views / 30 days
3
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On 8/5/05 7:43 am, in article [email hidden],

    Tim Hall said:
    David Martin said:


    And finally, having made a fixed hub by brazingsolid an old cassette freehub
    body, I have gone and lost the fixing bolt (bah!).

    Is that the hollow allen key bolt, shimano flavoured?

    The very same. Looking at the system, it should be possible to do without
    the bolt.

    ...d

  2. David Martin said:


    On 8/5/05 7:43 am, in article [email hidden],

    Tim Hall said:
    David Martin said:


    And finally, having made a fixed hub by brazingsolid an old cassette freehub
    body, I have gone and lost the fixing bolt (bah!).

    Is that the hollow allen key bolt, shimano flavoured?

    The very same. Looking at the system, it should be possible to do without
    the bolt.

    may I humbly suggest a second look?
    --
    ---
    Marten Gerritsen

    INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
    www.m-gineering.nl

  3. On 8/5/05 6:18 pm, in article [email hidden],

    m-gineering said:
    David Martin said:


    Quoted message said:


    Is that the hollow allen key bolt, shimano flavoured?

    The very same. Looking at the system, it should be possible to do without
    the bolt.

    may I humbly suggest a second look?

    I can see that it may not be ideal as there will be a bending moment, but I
    would rely on the axle holding the two parts together.

    It would require a horizontal movement of about 2mm to cause problems with
    it. I normally don't run my bearings with that much play, though I could
    imagine it risking seizing the bearings.

    Probably best with the bolt ;-)

    ...d

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.